All things GRAMMYs 2021: Ratings tanked hard

Awards & events pinned featured

BenG

A Popster Is Born 11,752

Last year we got Gaga s nominations at the start, but this time we ll have to wait until the end for Pop Duo :katy:

I am positive BTS will not win since it isnt airing. It will either go to Gaga, or Taylor (since she ll probably win more awards in the actual show). Lets pray

63premiereceremony_info-page.png

• shook 1

Gaming Leader 8,440
56 minutes ago, Doncho said:

Last year we got Gaga s nominations at the start, but this time we ll have to wait until the end for Pop Duo :katy:

I am positive BTS will not win since it isnt airing. It will either go to Gaga, or Taylor (since she ll probably win more awards in the actual show). Lets pray

63premiereceremony_info-page.png

Wtf is this chart :icant: Why is Jhené Aiko hosting when she has noms? :icant: 

• shook 1

Popstanne 7,455

I don't think a sweep is happening this year because they're airing both BPVA and BPSP. Wouldn't make sense to give the same person two acceptance speeches in a row in a minor category. Especially if it's Taylor/Dua IF they win ROTY/SOTY/AOTY

As for Best Pop/Duo Performance, I think Gaga has a chance since they're not airing it and they wouldn't bother to air a category where neither of the two artists show up.

On the other hand, Taylor could win it + one of the pop categories and they don't want to bother putting multiple acceptance speeches from Taylor in the main show.

• BenG changed the title to All things GRAMMYs 2021: 5pm PT/8pm ET/1am GMT
Moderator 3,690
17 minutes ago, donatellab said:

does anyone know the timeschedule of when they’re announcing the winners for each category?

I think the pretelecast ceremony starts at 10 PM according to our time and I think the winners will be announced in the order that they are on the plan so Pop Duo will be at the end half of the pre-telecast. The actual awards ceremony has no public program and PVA will be announced there. 

• paws up 1

Moderator 3,690
51 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

I don't think a sweep is happening this year because they're airing both BPVA and BPSP. Wouldn't make sense to give the same person two acceptance speeches in a row in a minor category. Especially if it's Taylor/Dua IF they win ROTY/SOTY/AOTY

As for Best Pop/Duo Performance, I think Gaga has a chance since they're not airing it and they wouldn't bother to air a category where neither of the two artists show up.

On the other hand, Taylor could win it + one of the pop categories and they don't want to bother putting multiple acceptance speeches from Taylor in the main show.

I think there is no point in trying to think too much on the teleshow/preshow program. Previous ceremonies have changed the program on the last day as the showrunner only gets to know the winners on the day of the ceremony and that's why Pop Solo was moved to the main telecast last year to not make Billie give 5 speeches (as she already had to give 4 due to her sweep).

Overall I agree with the point that if Taylor wins Pop Duo, AOTY, PVA, then there is no point putting all of them in the main ceremony, but pretty much you could spin the narrative in an opposite way so there is no point trying to understand what this means. 

• paws up 1

The Popster 20

AOTY - Future Nostalgia/Chilombo
ROTY - Don't Start Now
SOTY - Don't Start Now
BNA
- Megan Thee Stallion
BPSP - Don't Start Now
BPD/GP - Exile
BPVA - Future Nostalgia
BPR&BA - Chilombo

I just pray that BPD/GP gets swapped with either BPSP or PBVA to be televised.

There's no way Dua is making 5 acceptance speeches,

Moderator 3,690

My predictions:

1. AOTY - folklore
  2. ROTY - Don't Start Now
  3. SOTY - Don't Start Now
  4. BNA - Phoebe Bridgers
  5. Pop solo - Don't Start Now
  6. Pop Duo - exile
  7. Pop album - folklore
  • paws up 1

Moderator 3,690

@donatellab I was wrong on the time. I checked the time difference yesterday, but the US changed their clocks today so the pre-telecast ceremony starts 9 PM accoring to our time. Aka in 2 hours. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,578
1 minute ago, Joesuda said:

@donatellab I was wrong on the time. I checked the time difference yesterday, but the US changed their clocks today so the pre-telecast ceremony starts 9 PM accoring to our time. Aka in 2 hours. 

Mess let me update the thread title too :mess:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 14,731

Predicting a Dua sweep:

1. AOTY - FN
  4. Pop solo - Don't Start Now
  5. Pop Duo - exile/ROM*
  6. BPVA - folklore/Chromatica*

*One each, if Tay wins Pop Duo Gaga wins BPVA etcetc

bJV42y8.gif

• BenG changed the title to All things GRAMMYs 2021: 5pm PT/8pm ET/12am GMT
Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, danwasd said:

Predicting a Dua sweep:

1. AOTY - FN
  4. Pop solo - Don't Start Now
  5. Pop Duo - exile/ROM*
  6. BPVA - folklore/Chromatica*

*One each, if Tay wins Pop Duo Gaga wins BPVA etcetc

bJV42y8.gif

I really don't see Dua winning AOTY without winning Best Pop Vocal Album. FN is going to appeal to the pop crowd and dance crowd, Dua needs to bring out the pop voters to win and if Taylor wins Pop Vocal then Taylor is snatching the pop voters in AOTY.  

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,731
4 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

I really don't see Dua winning AOTY without winning Best Pop Vocal Album. FN is going to appeal to the pop crowd and dance crowd, Dua needs to bring out the pop voters to win and if Taylor wins Pop Vocal then Taylor is snatching the pop voters in AOTY.  

Recent years the BPVA and AOTY has been given to a different artist, tho. It's also possible that Dua wins BPVA and Taylor wins AOTY, but it's undeniable that folklore cannot be classified as the album of the year, not at least over Future Nostalgia. Anyone knows few songs from Dua's album, while foklore is more of a niche/stan thing, imo.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,940

It actually saddens me to see me literally not care one single bit about the show this year...in years past I would make a spreadsheet with all the categories I cared about and would make predictions and would love to watch the Pre show and have some drinks while watching and get pumped for all the performances and my boyfriend and I would have a completion between us to see who could get the most right...

The Weeknd drama really made me realize how this is just a popularity contest and kissing a** competition with the academy...I used to love how many GRAMMYs Gaga had and used to Brag about how loved she was at the academy and now I see how much of it is such a joke.

I know it’s my fault for putting too much into the show anyway, but it just stinks to see the show you used to love so much become so damn irrelevant and clearly corrupt...::|: even artists don’t care about their GRAMMYs anymore and most hardly comment on them. 

not to mention, who cares who wins when we all song one of the best songs in history isn’t nominated. It’s all a farce and I hate to see it and it makes me legit sad :( 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • hugs 3
  • lol 1

Moderator 3,690
6 minutes ago, danwasd said:

Recent years the BPVA and AOTY has been given to a different artist, tho. It's also possible that Dua wins BPVA and Taylor wins AOTY.

Yeah, but during the last 10 years there has never been a case where an album has been nominated in PVA and lost that and won AOTY.

• thanks 1

Moderator 3,690

The pre-ceremony probably won't give too much insight into Dua's and Taylor's chances unless one of these things happen

1. Taylor wins a Grammy with Beautiful Ghosts. This would be an extreme upset and if Taylor managed to pull this off, then we are probably getting a sweep from her.
  2. Dua wins Pop Duo. This too would be an upset (maybe a little bit smaller, but still). This probably indicates that Dua will sweep.
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,731
3 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

The pre-ceremony probably won't give too much insight into Dua's and Taylor's chances unless one of these things happen

1. Taylor wins a Grammy with Beautiful Ghosts. This would be an extreme upset and if Taylor managed to pull this off, then we are probably getting a sweep from her.
  2. Dua wins Pop Duo. This too would be an upset (maybe a little bit smaller, but still). This probably indicates that Dua will sweep.

Dula sweep > Taylor sweep

uGvw4mE.gif

• thanks 1

Moderator 3,690
Just now, danwasd said:

Dula sweep > Taylor sweep

uGvw4mE.gif

I still think that the most probable outcome is that they share the wealth with Taylor picking up the album wins and Dua getting the love with DSN.