Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

Popster for Sale 57,266
On 3/24/2022 at 1:10 PM, yomama said:

Rooting for Normani to fail while rooting for ms cabello to succeed 

Me smelling sth

4822-F10-C-89-F9-4226-9751-7-A072-FDA860

I don't think the people here who bash GODmani are r-words but it's true that in general so many people on the stan world hating on her for literally no reason is fishy

ZWa_9PEKO5M.thumb.jpg.19d93185dff627bb6a

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 3/24/2022 at 3:13 PM, Fame Romance said:

I don't think the people here who bash GODmani are r-words but it's true that in general so many people on the stan world hating on her for literally no reason is fishy

ZWa_9PEKO5M.thumb.jpg.19d93185dff627bb6a

I mean girl minds her own business ain't releasing, ain't doing interviews, somethings FISHY

4822-F10-C-89-F9-4226-9751-7-A072-FDA860

Popster for Sale 57,266
On 3/24/2022 at 1:22 PM, Aloe said:

How did Anita get so popular all of a sudden when she was on Iggy’s song Switch a few years back and couldn’t help the song at all? :katy:

She was abosulutely MASSIVE in Brazil and was quite big in Latin America overall after successful collabs with Maluma and J Balvin

This Spanish reggaeton song Envolver is mainly big in Latin America and Spain rn which is a huge region for Spotify hence why the WW numbers

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,749
On 3/24/2022 at 12:30 PM, Fame Romance said:

She was abosulutely MASSIVE in Brazil and was quite big in Latin America overall after successful collabs with Maluma and J Balvin

This Spanish reggaeton song Envolver is mainly big in Latin America and Spain rn which is a huge region for Spotify hence why the WW numbers

exactly she's probably the biggest female pop/funk artist in Brazil for a couple years, in Portugal she's really really big too (irrelevant market but still).

I think this song will be the next #1 on global spotify since it has so much room to grow in U.S. still (currently #166 and growing at a fast pace). Anitta and her team must be over the moon with this.

Edited by GucciOreos
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
On 3/24/2022 at 1:30 PM, Fame Romance said:

I think another important factor is that she was already a very beloved celeb in the whole spanish speaking world with her tv appeareances and bc of social media etc (and even biger in the lusosphere ofc), but she focused her commercial/international efforts into making a anglophone pop song (which obviously hasnt worked out despite some of the singles being good enough) and until now she did not really release a commercial reggaeton pop that could smash in LatAm 

And yeah brazil and mexico are carrying the song mostly but they are two of the biggest streaming markets so :darkmode:

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
On 3/24/2022 at 1:37 PM, GucciOreos said:

Candy rises again @Andreu we won :applause:

It fell to #3 in Spain but well she's global (unlike other girlies) so we don't have to worry about the spanish chart now she has the #1 practically on lock

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,749
On 3/24/2022 at 12:44 PM, Andreu said:

I think another important factor is that she was already a very beloved celeb in the whole spanish speaking world with her tv appeareances and bc of social media etc (and even biger in the lusosphere ofc), but she focused her commercial/international efforts into making a anglophone pop song (which obviously hasnt worked out despite some of the singles being good enough) and until now she did not really release a commercial reggaeton pop that could smash in LatAm 

And yeah brazil and mexico are carrying the song mostly but they are two of the biggest streaming markets so :darkmode:

Boys Don't Cry was so try hardish and out of brand for her idk why she thought the U.S. needed a brazilian Ava Max/The Weeknd wannabe :rip: Going for the latin sound is the best way to smash globally. When you have Bad Bunny being the most streamed artist for centuries now it should be obvious that that's the way to go.

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 3/24/2022 at 3:42 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

It's true it's true. MDN/A is her worst to date. She really went "hello fellow kids i can do EDM too!" RH and MX are thankfully better

We havent met so I don't know your stance but all of them are truly  horrible :icant: