Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 39,411
On 1/19/2022 at 6:33 AM, DonnieDarko said:

What is this hunny?

From GD:

"Online Film Critics Society Noms

BEST LEAD ACTRESS
Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter
Alana Haim – Licorice Pizza
Renate Reinsve – The Worst Person in the World
Agathe Rousselle – Titane
Kristen Stewart – Spencer

This is the largest critics group, as of January 2020, there were 284 members worldwide.

This group has always included the Oscar winner since 2010 in their noms

@Adarsh @MANiCURE1295

It means nothing other than the fact that Gaga is gonna pull a Sandra Bullock and say f- it to the OFCS :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 3

A Popster Is Born 13,421
On 1/19/2022 at 6:47 PM, FRANZGA said:

Olivia Colman it is :whatga:

Her movie has an even worse audience score than Spencer. I doubt she will win once again and with such a divisive movie like this one. It’s Nicole Kidman’s moment this year and the critics will continue to seethe. 

A Popster Is Born 13,421
On 1/19/2022 at 6:13 PM, little legend said:

Can anyone tell me why these awards and critics are so important for the Oscar nom/win? 

For example everyone says that if you are not nominated for SAG you aren't going to win an Oscar. 

Why is that? Are the same people voting for SAG and in all the other awards ,the same that will vote at Oscars? 

For example, let's say the Oscar committee has 1.000members but 250 of them are also at SAG committee, so if SAG nominate you, means that these people will likely vote you again for Oscars? 

Critics opinion doesn’t mean anything for the Oscars because the voters are not critics.

However, the SAG is literally the biggest voting body with 125,000+ members that include real actors from the industry. A large chunk of these are also Oscar voters. That’s why their opinion actually matters.

For example, Gaga is a member of the SAG and also the Academy. So she can vote both for the SAG awards and the Oscars. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 57,442
On 1/19/2022 at 3:53 PM, GucciOreos said:

I forgot about Kings and Queens :katy:

Scared to be Lonely and No Lie were pretty big though, not comparable to thos Ava songs

But yeah, let's wait and see! 

Yeah all the Dua hits mentioned by Corvus were bigger than the Ava equivalent :bigbird:

All Europe-only hits except for SBP and maybe K&Q a bit

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,892
On 1/19/2022 at 3:59 PM, Fame Romance said:

Yeah all the Dua hits mentioned by Corvus were bigger than the Ava equivalent :bigbird:

All Europe-only hits except for SBP and maybe K&Q a bit

Amazing tea shared by the king of facts as always 

• love 1

Moderator 17,129
On 1/19/2022 at 3:59 PM, Fame Romance said:

Yeah all the Dua hits mentioned by Corvus were bigger than the Ava equivalent

You do know that Ava has more top 20 hits in the US from her first album than Dua has from her first album?

New Rules #6

IDGAF #49

One Kiss #26

vs

SBP #10

K&Q #13

MH&MH #45 

• shook 1

Popster for Sale 44,886

I sensed things starting to change for Dua Lipa when she released New Rules music video, the gays started to stan her, and it really helped that the song was a huge bop 

Ava Max needs a similar moment 

• corvus albus changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread - LOTR is Back, Ava Slays, Deal With it Gurlies
Pop-a-911-ster 29,021
x3
On 1/19/2022 at 4:13 PM, corvus albus said:

I don't care about the petty squabbles here. My life in 2022 now has meaning :catwalk:

Aside from the fact that I'll finish university this year :catwalk:

Cate Blanchet's monologue>>>>>

• paws up 1