Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 18,595
On 3/10/2022 at 11:18 PM, Delusional said:

When the blinks pull up with their light sticks for 30 mins and then leave the venue, then what? 

They would have to get in first. Not a lot of tickets left for them and their light sticks.

• yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,610
On 3/10/2022 at 5:11 PM, DonnieDarko said:

It’s irrelevant if BLACKPINK sold out arenas or not, lol. It’s not the point.

None of my friends who love pop music (GP people) know who BLACKPINK even are  …but people here seem to think there would be no benefit for them opening for Gaga. some of y’all need to get out of your own bubble

BLACKPINK is not BTS 

The Greatest Showman Lol GIF by Sky

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

Popster This Way 756
On 3/10/2022 at 5:29 PM, boobatella said:

Chromatica is truly a masterpiece :giveup:

911 and Replay are one of my favourite Gaga songs. The dark vibe, the power, the lyrics aghh everything’s so perfect :giveup: 

I remember so vividly how I was listening to Chromatica the first time and was immediately blown away by these songs. They were the first songs I played after my inital listen and I’m still addicted to them :giveup:

Sis same.

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,533

It is pretty clear BlackPink don’t need Gaga for promo in the US, they have a huge fan base in every country that will fight for tour tickets

Even if they are not widespreadly kwon by the GP in the West they still are big names

• thanks 1

On 3/10/2022 at 10:22 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

None of my friends who love pop music (GP people) know who BLACKPINK even are  …but people here seem to think there would be no benefit for them opening for Gaga. some of y’all need to get out of your own bubble

Did you not consider that it is you and your "GP friends" who have little awareness beyond your own Anglospheric bubble?

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,999
On 3/10/2022 at 10:47 PM, BenG said:

I’m imagining Gaga opening for Beyoncé in the US and she sticks around to sing Telephone and Video Phone

Too funny ngl :icant:

The reverse for outside NA is also pretty funny :icant:

Pop-a-911-ster 39,610
On 3/10/2022 at 5:31 PM, Applause said:

Did you not consider that it is you and your "GP friends" who have little awareness beyond your own Anglospheric bubble?

Me? I love BLACKPINK and did so before Gaga collaborated, I love the girls. I just think it would be great for them. I shoved BP down my straight brothers throat and now he even loves them. I don’t know you’re coming for me but okay lol.

Yall need to get some fresh air I stg 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,028
x3
On 3/10/2022 at 9:32 PM, Miaou said:

US Radio

79. When I'm Gone: 16.14 (+0.00)

rise WIG rise this is only the beginning 

+0.00 ? 

That's really amazing for her standards:applause:

• lol 3

Pop-a-911-ster 39,610
On 3/10/2022 at 5:47 PM, BenG said:

I’m imagining Gaga opening for Beyoncé in the US and she sticks around to sing Telephone and Video Phone

Too funny ngl :icant:

Except Gaga had multiple Top 10 hits and multiple #1 hits and multiple pop radio #1s in the US by the time telephone came out

Your comparison doesn’t even make sense. Please try again.

Edited by MANiCURE1295
Spelling
  • paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,999
On 3/10/2022 at 10:53 PM, little legend said:

+0.00 ? 

That's really amazing for her standards:applause:

Extreme stability. Not everyone has that. :applause:

Spoiler

:icant:

• lol 3

Pop-a-911-ster 39,610
On 3/10/2022 at 5:34 PM, GucciOreos said:

the ANGER over someone daring to think Blackpink could open for Gaga :icant:

But yeah I agree that it wouldn't make sense, Rina Sawayama pls!

It really is comical. Like people take a chill pill and go outside. Go eat some fruit. Everything will be okay.

the way I said “don’t come for me” and everyone except @DonnieDarko came for me…truly one of the greats on this site 

But maybe I’m just completely wrong, I’m willing to admit that! I still think the exposure would be nice though, I just want them to blow up so much and I’m so p*ssed they haven’t managed to find that chart success that BTS has which they so obviously DESERVE

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 41,999
On 3/10/2022 at 10:53 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Except Gaga had multiple Top 10 hits and multiple #1 hits and multiple pop radio #1s in the US by the time telephone came out

Your comparison doesn’t even make sense. Please try again.

Hasn’t Doja Cat achieved similar to that?

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,610
On 3/10/2022 at 6:07 PM, BenG said:

Hasn’t Doja Cat achieved similar to that?

Yeah, that’s why I’m so shocked she is opening for The Weeknd, I fully expected her to go out and do her own tour. But if she can for The Weeknd then why couldn’t BLACKPINK for Gaga?

that was my only point. I don’t want anyone thinking I was disrespecting BP cause I LOVE them, I just honestly thought it might be worth it to get their name out their to a larger audience but maybe you guys are right and it’s not really worth it with such a small amount of dates.

Popster for Sale 41,999
On 3/10/2022 at 11:34 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Yeah, that’s why I’m so shocked she is opening for The Weeknd, I fully expected her to go out and do her own tour. But if she can for The Weeknd then why couldn’t BLACKPINK for Gaga?

that was my only point. I don’t want anyone thinking I was disrespecting BP cause I LOVE them, I just honestly thought it might be worth it to get their name out their to a larger audience but maybe you guys are right and it’s not really worth it with such a small amount of dates.

Doja is the exception here. Someone as big as her wouldn’t be opening tours usually.

Pop-a-911-ster 39,610
On 3/10/2022 at 6:35 PM, BenG said:

Doja is the exception here. Someone as big as her wouldn’t be opening tours usually.

But why can’t BP be an exception so we can get SC live :bradley: wtf 

• thanks 1