Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

The Fame Popster 316
On 3/6/2022 at 4:47 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Katy the streaming queen :giveup:

Queen of pop :flutter: ended FadGa :applause:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 45,043
On 3/6/2022 at 9:42 PM, Fame Romance said:

Delete sis, he literally has 2 Gold solo French songs from a decade ago in the US with Papaoutai and Alors on Danse  :bigbird:

Wow Charli's power making even decade-old songs of his go Gold :applause:

Popster for Sale 42,004
On 3/6/2022 at 9:28 PM, La Chatte said:

I need a certain vertical stick :lesson:

I hope you know those are not the lyrics and you’re just joking :icant:

A Popster Is Born 11,616
On 3/6/2022 at 9:44 PM, BenG said:

I blame you for not having this energy for Oscars 2022

I had my doubts at the beginning of the season and when she started scoring nod after nod, I started my manifestation, but it was too late :lesson:

Popster for Sale 42,004
On 3/6/2022 at 10:03 PM, PanPikus said:

I had my doubts at the beginning of the season and when she started scoring nod after nod, I started my manifestation, but it was too late :lesson:

Apologies accepted

A Popster Is Born 11,616
On 3/6/2022 at 11:05 PM, BenG said:

Apologies accepted

Thank U :excuseme:

Next time I will be rude and demanding from the very beginning so she will just get the nod for the sake of kindness :enigma:

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,616
On 3/6/2022 at 10:39 PM, GucciOreos said:

he should thank Charli for exposing him to international audiences :applause:

really worked in his favor :applause:

/j

I dunno where miss Xbox got the money for payola, but Out Out was very popular on Polish radio and now I already heard the song with Rina multiple times :ari_roll:

Popster This Way 532

Gaga is my absolute favorite artist ever, and she will ALWAYS be my #1 no matter what, byt why is it that ever since ARTPOP I feel like she's just tired of music in general? :uhh: Like in Joanne, she gave me this weird, try-hard vibe for some reason, I know she's a master at creating personas for her eras, and she always executed them perfectly until Joanne, and Chromatica came out, it's like she's struggling to find her place in her own art if that makes sense? I don't know it's just my observation, I could be really wrong. 

Everytime I see artists taking really passionate about their music and performing/promoting and just serving music with other artists in between eras I get so jealous :gaga-scream: I feel like with Gaga everything became way too calculated and it's almost following Beyoncé's strategy which I don't really like. 

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 45,043
On 3/6/2022 at 10:13 PM, loopyjae said:

Gaga is my absolute favorite artist ever, and she will ALWAYS be my #1 no matter what, byt why is it that ever since ARTPOP I feel like she's just tired of music in general? :uhh: Like in Joanne, she gave me this weird, try-hard vibe for some reason, I know she's a master at creating personas for her eras, and she always executed them perfectly until Joanne, and Chromatica came out, it's like she's struggling to find her place in her own art if that makes sense? I don't know it's just my observation, I could be really wrong. 

Everytime I see artists taking really passionate about their music and performing/promoting and just serving music with other artists in between eras I get so jealous :gaga-scream: I feel like with Gaga everything became way too calculated and it's almost following Beyoncé's strategy which I don't really like. 

Joanne was a hard time because she was trying to prove to the GP that she was «real» and a «regular girl» which just went against everything Lady Gaga as an artist was supposed to stand for and felt really desingenious so I really can't blame you :rip: There is another way to look at Joanne though: the intentional performance of «realness» and «vulnerability» while not trying to hide that it's also a performance (hence the pink hat, guitar, xo xo Joanne etc.)

Chromatica was a non-existent era so I can't really say much, but yeah, I hope her next album cycle is different.

• paws up 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 11,951
On 3/6/2022 at 7:13 PM, loopyjae said:

I agree. Sadly we have to get used to it. It is what it is :bradley:

ARTPOPster 1,685

Joanne was fun to track and live through it because she was really into it, she wanted to make MR a hit SO BAD

She wasn't this feisty since her IKEA parking lot era

86-D19887-655-D-44-C0-94-A5-8065-BE03032

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 3/7/2022 at 1:36 AM, Aloe said:

I’m sure her next album even with promo will not be in the IFPI top 10 album list too unless there’s a hit song like shallow :katy: 

And that's okay, as long as she won't be doing Smile numbers

Popster This Way 532
On 3/6/2022 at 7:46 PM, yomama said:

And that's okay, as long as she won't be doing Smile numbers

I don't see her doing better than Chromatica tbh, and Chromatica had a TON of hype, not Rihanna type of hype but even the GP was kinda hyped for it, and it debuted with 280k which is not bad but it only did a bit better than Joanne on its first week. Streams were decent, tho not enough for any song besides the two singles to chart in the Hot 100 and the streaming numbers mainly came from the collabs which is not really a good sign for an A list like Gaga. I don't really see any hype for Gaga's music now, so I doubt LG7 will surpass Chromatica. Gaga has been on a decline when it comes to success on her solo albums, but it's a steady decline thanks to her being an actress and ASIB being a soundtrack for a hit movie, which gives a better image compared to Katy who flopped hard out of nowhere and couldn't recover. I think LG7 will test Gaga's popularity, if it flops I don't really see her numbers going up from there. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 45,043
On 3/6/2022 at 10:55 PM, loopyjae said:

I don't see her doing better than Chromatica tbh, and Chromatica had a TON of hype, not Rihanna type of hype but even the GP was kinda hyped for it, and it debuted with 280k which is not bad but it only did a bit better than Joanne on its first week. Streams were decent, tho not enough for any song besides the two singles to chart in the Hot 100 and the streaming numbers mainly came from the collabs which is not really a good sign for an A list like Gaga. I don't really see any hype for Gaga's music now, so I doubt LG7 will surpass Chromatica. Gaga has been on a decline when it comes to success on her solo albums, but it's a steady decline thanks to her being an actress and ASIB being a soundtrack for a hit movie, which gives a better image compared to Katy who flopped hard out of nowhere and couldn't recover. I think LG7 will test Gaga's popularity, if it flops I don't really see her numbers going up from there. 

I don't think it's true that the streaming numbers mainly came from the collabs. The album tracks did impressive numbers too. Longevity is another conversation. But yeah LG7's performance kinda scares me given how little attention she gave Chromatica + the fact that this time there is basically no hype (except from the fanbase of course) + they surely are going to ruin the era head on with lead single choice 

ARTPOPster 1,685
On 3/7/2022 at 1:55 AM, loopyjae said:

Chromatica had bundles. Not just tour bundles but also thong bundles and all that jazz, BB don't count those anymore
All she needs is to pick a good lead single that people will actually like and that will be enough. Chromatica did like 50M spotify streams first day with Stupid Love leading it. So the interest is still there
As long as the music is good and actually connects with people

ARTPOPster 1,685

Stupid Love flopping hurt but not as much as Perfect Illusion, that was SO bad

Red updates after less than 12 hours :bebe:
Selling as much as Britney Spears first week :bebe:

Radio dropping it after the first week completely :bebe:

Dropping out of the hot 100 after literally a month :bebe:

I can't do this again, I'm not 20 anymore :bebe:

• paws up 2
  • lol 2