Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

Popster This Way 532
On 3/4/2022 at 4:13 PM, ReadyGaga said:

In the USA Rain on Me is a moderate hit, but in the rest of the world it has been quite a smash, for example in the UK, Canada, Australia, Europe, South America etc ... 

I wouldn’t say it was a smash here in Latin America, at least not in Chile, I heard the song like 2/3 times on radio and that's it :bradley: tbh ROM being #1 means nothing, it's not even close to be a smash like the rest of Gaga's #1 hit singles but it's still a well known song, it was short lived mainly because of its lack of promo from both Gaga and Ari, I'm sure it could have been bigger but COVID f-ed everything up.I actually think ROM has everything to be a huge smash: it's fun, catchy, the lyrics are easy to digest and interpret, it features one lf the biggest female artists rn and it was radio friendly. But well, at least we got a cute #1! 

Popster to Popster 2,900
On 3/4/2022 at 9:24 PM, loopyjae said:

I wouldn’t say it was a smash here in Latin America, at least not in Chile, I heard the song like 2/3 times on radio and that's it :bradley: tbh ROM being #1 means nothing, it's not even close to be a smash like the rest of Gaga's #1 hit singles but it's still a well known song, it was short lived mainly because of its lack of promo from both Gaga and Ari, I'm sure it could have been bigger but COVID f-ed everything up.I actually think ROM has everything to be a huge smash: it's fun, catchy, the lyrics are easy to digest and interpret, it features one lf the biggest female artists rn and it was radio friendly. But well, at least we got a cute #1! 

In Italy Rain On Me was huge even more than Shallow on the radio, in the UK it was several weeks in the top ten. Of course it could have been huge, in the US it might still have been a moderate hit (maybe with an SNL performance, timely remix release and some generic promo it would have reached 8/9 weeks in the top ten) but in the rest of the world it would have been as big as Don't Start Now if it was promoted properly :gaga-scream:

Popster to Popster 4,833

Rain On Me is a big hit but It's not really THAT big if you know what I mean (still pretty good). Hopefully Gaga would still get these kind of hits every now and then, I'm honestly surprised that she got a good amount of hits in the later years (Shallow, ARUTW, Rain On Me) like she almost got more hits than singles in the past 3-4 years lol, and I feel like I could add Million Reasons aswell because I feel like this song got more known along with ASIB era. Also who knows, maybe the Top Gun song will be her next hit.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,712
On 3/4/2022 at 9:24 PM, loopyjae said:

the Rain. On. Me moment in the song is iconic

everyone knows it is GODGA 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,395

Awards Lady Gaga won in 2022 so far

1. New York Film Critics Circle: Best actress

2. Iowa Critics Circle: Best actress

3. Capri Film Festival: Best actress

4. Capri Film Festival: Italian American actress of the year

5. Palm Springs Film Festival: Icon award

6. Windowswear: Icon award

7. Cadet film awards: Best actress

8. Queerty awards: Film performance of the year

9. Pollstar: Residency of the year

10. Jazz Times: Best vocal award

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,366
On 3/4/2022 at 10:19 PM, Fame Romance said:

WTF :dead:

This was released in November 2020 and didn’t have any re-issues or songs attached or anything :dead:

The Music Industry :applause:

This was released in Februrary 2020 sweetie :delulu_bird: but the fact he hasnt lifted a finger for this album and its doing so well two years after its release 

I always wanted him to do the fraudery and add more songs to it, imagine the numbers :banana:

Edited by Andreu
  • shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,712
On 3/4/2022 at 11:10 PM, Fame Romance said:

Ireland:

#75 The Fame [248 weeks]

Sweden:

#59 The Fame Monster [102 weeks]

The GP and I want another TF/TFM album GODGA :lesson:

Popster for Sale 41,789
On 3/5/2022 at 5:45 AM, Adarsh said:

L4S would’ve been #2 this week :icant:

I don’t think it’s a fair comparison. L4S’s numbers would have been suppressed too in this climate.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,366
On 3/5/2022 at 8:09 AM, BenG said:

I don’t think it’s a fair comparison. L4S’s numbers would have been suppressed too in this climate.

I wouldnt be so sure, it was an album carried by pure sales by fans which would have bought it at any time. The streams and the GP support were barely non existent. Not saying this is a good thing at all, quite opposite, but well :disappointed:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,789
On 3/5/2022 at 7:26 AM, Andreu said:

I wouldnt be so sure, it was an album carried by pure sales by fans which would have bought it at any time. The streams and the GP support were barely non existent. Not saying this is a good thing at all, quite opposite, but well :disappointed:

I disagree, the fan support is grossly overestimated tbh. Even if half of the album sales are by the GP, in the current climate, L4S’s position will be pushed much further back than the hypothetical #2. Look at how small the absolute differences are between positions.