Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 18,426
On 2/22/2022 at 6:49 PM, HaterOfHaters said:

This doesn't make any sense, she was credited as Lady Gaga on both the soundtrack and the movie.

The songs were Ally’s songs, a character in the movie, not Lady Gaga songs. Do you know what I mean? If not, then I don’t have the time now to explain, I hope someone here will help.

A Popster Is Born 18,426
On 2/22/2022 at 6:44 PM, little legend said:

"Not treating Always Remember Us This Way and I'll Never Love Again as her own songs" 

Well unfortunately i think you are right and she really thinks that these songs are Ally's and not hers. 

Well, yeah, I always had this feeling.

• sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 2/22/2022 at 7:18 PM, DonnieDarko said:

It’s not hope, it’s delusion. She will perform Shallow. It’s so clear after all those years of not even mentioning any of the ASIB songs, that she’s not treating them like Lady Gaga songs and will not perform them. 

Unless it’s a ASIB live music event which would be great for a 5 years anniversary.

Nah I think the answer is much simpler than that. She sings Shallow because Its THE single from ASIB and she had to include that into her Enigma show (which was suppose to be like a celebration to Gaga's career and her adding more ASIB songs to that would not have made sense with that concept). I think at some point she will sing ARUTW (maybe not INLA bc of the whole thing with Sonya). People thought she will never sing the album tracks from ARTPOP and TFM before and she still ended up including them so we never know.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,967
x3

ASIB songs are Gaga's songs and if she want to celebrate her career , she should include them:shine: 

Everything else( they are Ally's songs,not Gaga's and etc.) is just stupid

• thanks 3

A Popster Is Born 18,426
On 2/22/2022 at 7:00 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Nah I think the answer is much simpler than that. She sings Shallow because Its THE single from ASIB and she had to include that into her Enigma show (which was suppose to be like a celebration to Gaga's career and her adding more ASIB songs to that would not have made sense with that concept). I think at some point she will sing ARUTW (maybe not INLA bc of the whole thing with Sonya). People thought she will never sing the album tracks from ARTPOP and TFM before and she still ended up including them so we never know.

I strongly disagree. It’s a totally different situation.

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 18,426
On 2/22/2022 at 7:01 PM, little legend said:

ASIB songs are Gaga's songs and if she want to celebrate her career , she should include them:shine: 

Everything else( they are Ally's songs,not Gaga's and etc.) is just stupid

They are Lady Gaga songs. She wrote them and produced them, just like any other of her songs but they were written for a character, not for herself. They are some of her very best songs, yes, and it would be great for her to aknowledge them finally but it seems unlikely and every passing gig/concert of hers without ARUTW or INLA or any other of those songs only further confirms my point.

But I would love her to prove me wrong.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 18,426
On 2/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, HaterOfHaters said:

There's no way to explain something that doesn't make any sense. The songs are credited to Lady Gaga, not Ally, she can sing them whenever she wants.

Yeah, you’re not getting the point. They are Lady Gaga songs, tho they are songs written for a character in the movie, not herself. There’s no reason for her to NOT perform INLA or ARUTW at her jazz and piano shows other than what I already tried to explain to you, but if you disagree, it’s ok.

Pop-a-911-ster 31,850
On 2/22/2022 at 6:08 PM, PanPikus said:

You know your chart updates are sometimes made up so it's better to not take them seriously :gaycat:

Nonetheless, slay Just GODance :teddy:

I don’t know what you’re talking :gaycat:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 2/22/2022 at 8:05 PM, DonnieDarko said:

I strongly disagree. It’s a totally different situation.

Sorry but why is she singing Shallow then if she thinks the other ASIB songs are Ally songs and not hers. bc with that idea, Shallow is also Ally's song? She wanted "Lady Gaga" to be credited in the movie, in the soundtrack etc and it only makes sense that she does consider the songs to be hers if she associated the whole idea behind her persona to be carried to her acting career. She probably never planned to sing ARUTW untill now, as simple as that.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,850
On 2/22/2022 at 6:12 PM, little legend said:

Not 3 Stade De France dates:whatga::dead::giveup: 

You won @La Chatte @Fame Romance

Not 3 dates omg :giveup: the potential to see the dog, the boob queen, the poop king, the one hit wonder stan, the hog farmer, Melinda, the clown member, the polish daddy, the hungry squirrel...etc 3 times :giveup:

Edited by La Chatte
  • lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 18,426
On 2/22/2022 at 7:14 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Sorry but why is she singing Shallow then if she thinks the other ASIB songs are Ally songs and not hers. bc with that idea, Shallow is also Ally's song? She wanted "Lady Gaga" to be credited in the movie, in the soundtrack etc and it only makes sense that she does consider the songs to be hers if she associated the whole idea behind her persona to be carried to her acting career. She probably never planned to sing ARUTW untill now, as simple as that.

Shallow is not the example you were hoping it to be in out convo. It’s a smash and it escapes every and any classification, therefore the rest of your post is invalid to me. You can’t make me think otherwise. As simple as that. 

She received a script, wrote songs for the character. That’s the whole story. Again, as simple as that.

Edited by DonnieDarko

Pop-a-911-ster 28,967
x3
On 2/22/2022 at 7:07 PM, Delusional said:

Why on Earth would she perform some OST songs at TCB lmfao? I understand Shallow cos of its smash hit status but INLA or ARUTW would be so out of place please.. :rip:

Because ARuTW and INLA are WW hits and it's not like she has many recent hits. she onlt has Shallow and ROM (that are recent  hits).

And most important they some of her best and most acclaimed songs 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 2/22/2022 at 8:19 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Shallow is not the example you were hoping it to be in out convo. It’s a smash and it escapes every and any classification, therefore the rest of your post is invalid to me. You can’t make me think otherwise. As simple as that. 

She received a script, wrote songs for the character. That’s the whole story. Again, as simple as that.

I respect your opinion but it just doesn't make sense for me, ARUTW is also a smash, it just didn't find its way into her Enigma show (a show and setlist that wasn't changed since its debut) 

Spotify Monthly Listeners:

• 13.02: +52,106
  • 14.02: +94,947
  • 15.02: +69,896
  • 16.02: +3,468
  • 17.02: +18,776
  • 18.02: +32.353
  • 19.02: +51,899
  • 20.02: +32,605
  • 21.02: +54,098

Total  - 38,225,976 

• paws up 7
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 18,426
On 2/22/2022 at 7:30 PM, LGMonster95 said:

I respect your opinion but it just doesn't make sense for me, ARUTW is also a smash, it just didn't find its way into her Enigma show (a show and setlist that wasn't changed since its debut) 

It also didn’t find a way to any of her jazz and piano shows. That speaks volumes, but I know why you might think it dosn’t make sense but for me it does. And I also, always, respect your opinions.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,426
On 2/22/2022 at 7:27 PM, HaterOfHaters said:

You got tangled up in your own arguments…

She sang Shallow because it's her song and not Ally's, but everything else is, even though all the songs on the soundtrack are credited to Lady Gaga and not a fictional character???

She doesn't sing ASIB songs because there's no room for them in the shows she's been doing, that's all. Stop creating wild theories that never came out of her mouth. :katy:

Reading is fundamental. Goodbye.

• lol 1