Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

On 2/17/2022 at 4:40 PM, Delusional said:

How is there not a massive difference between 1 and 2x platinum lol

To be fair Prism was certified 2xPlat in July 2015 too. 

Might actually be 4x as of now (surely it’s above 3x). 

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 57,535
On 2/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, Thrasher said:

Yeah counting only pure sales + current single certifications Prism is at 4M+, might even reach 5xPlatinum given the good recurrent streams 

Meanwhile ARTPOP is at like 1.7M and won’t ever reach 2M with its tragic streams, Katy really win that battle back in the day :shakes:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,949
On 2/17/2022 at 12:25 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

my delusional brain is saying “yay top gun performance at BBMA”

knowing I’ll get nothing :gaga-scream:

Lets not. Im just hoping for a Dance artist nom and win :oscar:

They better not snub her like the AMAs

Popster for Sale 57,535
On 2/17/2022 at 2:31 PM, Doncho said:

Poker GOD above Flop Romance... it gives me that buzz :teddy:

Shallow coming for #1 though

Bad Romance is culturally know as Gaga’s signature song, and has better recurrent stats 

PF was a bigger chart hit back in the day partially because the MV of Bad Romance was so popular and YouTube views didn’t count for the charts during that time 

But BR is more global and felt bigger

A Popster Is Born 16,865
On 2/18/2022 at 12:06 AM, Thrasher said:

Of course it's 4x+ Platinum probably even nearing 5x Platinum..

Dark Horse and ROAR alone is 2M Album Units

• paws up 1

The fact that she defended R. Kelly here, than shot a music video him raping her while she is uncounscious, which is directed by Terry Richardson who then was allegedly sexually abusive towards the models she worked with is such a wild thing she did. 
      I believed back than that she tried to end her career actively by doing all that or she gave a big middle finger to Interscope after they rushed her to release the videoby creating something totally unreleasable

Edited by 0707alp

A Popster Is Born 16,865
On 2/18/2022 at 12:24 AM, Delusional said:

How is it unexpected lol? His debut was already huge and cemented him a massively loyal fan base 

spacer.png

Did you honestly expect it to sell 3M+ Units??

His massive fanbase secured him a huge debut but not a SMASH Era

Edited by FRANZGA

A Popster Is Born 16,865
On 2/18/2022 at 12:33 AM, Delusional said:

His debut album was #9 on the IFPI chart - and that’s with one actual single - plus his music is quality and his core audience buys pure, so yes I did expect him to smash with his second era. (5th single Golden outperforming a certain lead single 💕⚔️⛓ teas :rip:)

That didnt mean SMASH 2ND Era caue his first Era did well solely because of his base alone, no?

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 2/17/2022 at 6:25 PM, 0707alp said:

The fact that she defended R. Kelly here, than shot a music video him raping her while she is uncounscious, which is directed by Terry Richardson who then was allegedly sexually abusive towards the models she worked with is such a wild thing she did. 
      I believed back than that she tried to end her career actively by doing all that or she gave a big middle finger to Interscope after they rushed her to release the videoby creating something totally unreleasable

Believe me or not but I don't think that she knew much about R Kelly back then, one of the reason why I think about this is the fact that Tara Savelo for example didn't knew and found out about it much later (she posted in 2019 or 2017 idk but she was shocked and posted about it on her account how she was a fan of him and how she felt disgusted about the news) she probably was thinking that the media was f*cking up with him back then just how they were doing her dirty during that time aswell (it makes sence if you think about how depressed she was feeling back then). Still a huge mistake but you can see how she ended up here.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,486
On 2/17/2022 at 10:05 PM, Delusional said:

Not to mention being the most popular from 1D - due to being in a relationship with the music industry - definitely helped secure himself as a big solo artist 

If she could help Harry establish a big career, then why is Joe Alwyn a B list actor at best? :icant:

Edited by Adarsh

A Popster Is Born 16,865
On 2/18/2022 at 1:12 AM, Adarsh said:

If she could help Harry establish a big career, then why is Joe Alwyn a B list actor at best? :icant:

Or Taylor Lautner :icant:

My Music Industry has GLOBAL Hits, so i guess it's not Taylor :tea:

• thanks 1