Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

Popster for Sale 44,844
On 2/10/2022 at 9:54 AM, donatellab said:

I’m an ARTPOP stan and I’ve been involved in different kind of arts my entire life and I just can’t watch nor enjoy that live

I know what it represents and the important meaning behind it, but it’s just so unpleasant to watch. 

I feel you!

Art isn't just about what's pleasing to the eye/digestible for audiences though, I wish people would stop dragging AP Gaga for this like it's just «disgusting» and «a mess».

Popster for Sale 44,844
On 2/10/2022 at 10:17 AM, Delusional said:

Fair enough but it’s just shocking because Tik Tok told me Mitski is underground :rip:

She is alternative but her music is highly acclaimed and loved by the tumblr girlies  + she had a couple of viral tiktok hits iirc

Still shocking to me how good she's doing :applause:

Edited by GucciOreos
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
On 2/10/2022 at 12:04 PM, GucciOreos said:

I feel you!

Art isn't just about what's pleasing to the eye/digestible for audiences though, I wish people would stop dragging AP Gaga for this like it's just «disgusting» and «a mess».

I haven’t said that, and I agree that art’s not supposed to be digestible or pleasing to the eye. I understand and appreciate the meaning behind it, and how it’s supposed to create disgust. I personally don’t like watching it, since it triggers my PTSD regarding assault. 

• hugs 8

Popster for Sale 44,844
On 2/10/2022 at 10:26 AM, donatellab said:

I haven’t said that, and I agree that art’s not supposed to be digestible or pleasing to the eye. I understand and appreciate the meaning behind it, and how it’s supposed to create disgust. I personally don’t like watching it, since it triggers my PTSD regarding assault. 

Oh yeah I wasn't coming for you, sorry. I understand that and am sorry you went through something like that. :hugging:

• hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
On 2/10/2022 at 12:36 PM, corvus albus said:

Not everyone can understand art, I know :oops:

edit: saw your mentioned post :love:

Edited by donatellab
  • love 2

Popster to Popster 2,938

Reddit, 2017, What a Dark Age

"They're underwhelming videos for relatively unpopular songs from a flop album. The last video of hers anyone paid attention to was "Applause."And while "Million Reasons" was a bigger hit, "Bon Appétit" was a more provocative and interesting video, not to mention it actively shocked people when it came out, plus it had all of the (let's just say) hype of the early Witness era behind it... it was shared widely and people who weren't necessarily fans of Katy watched it because they heard about it. Katy just knows how to put together a more interesting video these days.Like which video sounds more interesting based off of the description:"Woman is cooked alive as strangely sexual meal" or "Local Cowgirl Rosary Unboxing Video."

Popster for Sale 44,844
On 2/10/2022 at 10:48 AM, ReadyGaga said:

Reddit, 2017, What a Dark Age

"They're underwhelming videos for relatively unpopular songs from a flop album. The last video of hers anyone paid attention to was "Applause."And while "Million Reasons" was a bigger hit, "Bon Appétit" was a more provocative and interesting video, not to mention it actively shocked people when it came out, plus it had all of the (let's just say) hype of the early Witness era behind it... it was shared widely and people who weren't necessarily fans of Katy watched it because they heard about it. Katy just knows how to put together a more interesting video these days.Like which video sounds more interesting based off of the description:"Woman is cooked alive as strangely sexual meal" or "Local Cowgirl Rosary Unboxing Video."

Katy was still making good videos up until Smile era. NRO was great, Small Talk was good and HiH was okay. Ever since Smile she's making tragic videos.

Gaga on the other hand really recovered with Chromatica, even if Stupid Love had a lot of room for improvement, it was a lot more fun than anything Katy has put out in the last few years. Too bad we had so few videos for this era :rip: Hopefully next era she doesn't go back to serving cowgirl again :toofunny:

Edited by GucciOreos
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 16,845
On 2/10/2022 at 7:02 PM, FRANZGA said:

the number of singles

1. "Holy"
    Released: September 18, 2020
  2. "Lonely"
    Released: October 16, 2020
  3. "Anyone"
    Released: January 1, 2021
  4. "Hold On"
    Released: March 5, 2021
  5. "Peaches"
    Released: March 19, 2021
  6. "Ghost"
    Released: September 10, 2021

:bradley:

@Delusional and most of them? bombs? :ohhh:

not STUPID LOVE level of bomb tho

Pop-a-911-ster 31,858
On 2/10/2022 at 12:08 PM, corvus albus said:

Maybe you should try to understand what the song and the performance is about before you land flat on your face again

I know the meaning of the song and what she wanted to express but it was not necessary FOR ME