Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 29,034
x3
On 2/8/2022 at 4:59 PM, FRANZGA said:

Not a local headline already

2022 Oscar Nominees: The Power of the Dog leads the pack; Lady Gaga snubbed

:icant:

Her power :applause: She is just bigger than all of the other actress nominated this year combined:applause: 

Also yaaaas at the Power of The Dog 

oscar-win-Max.jpg

Pop-a-911-ster 22,854
On 2/8/2022 at 5:53 PM, little legend said:

Of course we are overreacting. We are sad. 

Show some empathy:lesson:

I am sad and disappointed too because the Oscars snubbed her, but some of you aren’t grateful for all the acknowledgement she has gotten for this role and her whole acting career.

Like @LGMonster95 said, it’s either success or failure with this fanbase, no inbetween. Liddos calling awards irrelevant just because they don’t know about them just shows how they don’t understand the film world and the relevancy of these awards, and how much harder it is to get acknowledgement and awards in the film world.

Gaga can sweep the VMAs by just showing up and being Gaga so the show can get more views, it doesn’t work like this in the film world. It’s incredible that she has gotten so much acknowledgement in the beginning of her career, some actors with long careers can already dream of these noms/awards. Leonardo got his first oscar literally decades into his career. 

• shook 1
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 29,034
x3
On 2/8/2022 at 5:00 PM, ViviLittleM said:

I kinda want this year to be Diane Warren’s year so neither Beyonce or Billie win.

Let's be realistic , there are more chances for Katy Perry to have a top 10 hit again or win a Grammy than Diane Warren win a Grammy

• lol 3

Pop-a-911-ster 27,317
On 2/8/2022 at 1:02 PM, little legend said:

Let's be realistic , there are more chances for Katy Perry to have a top 10 hit again or win a Grammy than Diane Warren win a Grammy

black wig's impact

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,619

People need to relax,

9/10 with your first two major roles at the CC, GG, SAG, BAFTA, & Academy  is INCREDIBLE and that should be celebrated and surely not forgotten. No actress has even gotten a BA nomination for their first 2 leading roles so it’s okay. Gaga is doing great.

ON THE FLIP SIDE, Fans get to be sad and disappointed and nobody should be crapping on those who are.  We’re all rooting for Gaga and want her to win of course. Celebrate the wins and be disappointed with the losses but don’t lose sight of context and what really matters. Let’s all get excited for the upcoming award shows and hope for some wins! Gaga is literally a f-ing icon and surely will have more chances in the future.

edit: what sucks is that we’re gonna be hearing about this snub for literal years, it will forever be a stat that gets mentioned. I don’t want to be watching prediction videos for 2024 and see this stat mentioned all over the place…ugh my heart lol 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 5
  • sad 2
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,989
On 2/8/2022 at 4:49 PM, little legend said:

This might be the third most saddest day being a little legend ( at least related to awards and not including ARTPOP era or health issues) 

But still nothing is more sad than these moments:bradley:

1ff8d023f2501abbbeaa35e1588520d7.gif189d.gif

Especially this omg....:crying::

CoolTintedImperatorangel-max-1mb.gif

sad.gif.d326fac29bd3edf6c1a7a38017174bd6

21 was better than BTW tho 

• corvus albus changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread - Gaga snubbed - nobody cares about HoG - let the meltdowns commence - more news at 8
Popster to Popster 4,833
On 2/8/2022 at 6:09 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

edit: what sucks is that we’re gonna be hearing about this snub for literal years, it will forever be a stat that gets mentioned. I don’t want to be watching prediction videos for 2024 and see this stat mentioned all over the place…ugh my heart lol 

On the other hand you'll see people talking about her stellar performance in HoG even if she was snubbed. 

• yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,440
On 2/8/2022 at 4:04 PM, Ethel said:

I need to lay f-ing down. I'm a 30 year old man who is taking this snub rather badly. I need to go touch some grass. :bebe:

I feel you sis I felt sick (in a literalish sense) for some minutes after the news broke out :crying:

• hugs 1

Popster for Sale 45,056
On 2/8/2022 at 4:23 PM, LGMonster95 said:

On the other hand you'll see people talking about her stellar performance in HoG even if she was snubbed. 

the performance in HoG really gave her what she needed: a confirmation that ASIB wasn't a fluke and that she is a legit actress + box office appeal. I'd like to see her go for non-Oscar baity box-office smash next. 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2