Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 27,696

Something I said on ATRL:

"I have accepted a long time ago, that such things like music & movies are a form of art and that you can not objectively say that art is good or bad.

Yes, it´s nice to have arwads, but in the end "House Of Gucci" remains by far the best selling drama in the past years and was loved by the GP. The millions of people who went to the cinemas are way more important than a few oscar voters."

• paws up 2
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,034
x3

I don't get it how she wasn't nominated. 

I mean Gaga voted for herself , Adele and JLo are Gaga friends so they voted for Gaga. Bradley voted for Gaga too. 

So already 5 votes!!!

• lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 29,034
x3

I think that the only reason that Gaga isn't nominated is because HoG wasn't critical acclaimed. It seems that voters didn't like HoG and even though they liked Gaga, it damaged her potentials to get the nomination:bradley:

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 23,518
On 2/8/2022 at 5:39 PM, little legend said:

I don't get it how she wasn't nominated. 

I mean Gaga voted for herself , Adele and JLo are Gaga friends so they voted for Gaga. Bradley voted for Gaga too. 

So already 5 votes!!!

Only acting branch members can nominate, so just Bradley from that list. Gaga can only vote for Song and Score. 

• shook 1
  • sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,317
On 2/8/2022 at 12:40 PM, little legend said:

Wait now that Sarah Tanoh and Frederick are Oscar nominated artists , that means that they can vote for Gaga at future Oscars?

Not for nominating her. Actors vote for nominations.

And then everyone pick the winner.

But the first filter (nominees) are voted by actors

• shook 1

Popster to Popster 4,502
On 2/8/2022 at 9:41 AM, little legend said:

I think that the only reason that Gaga isn't nominated is because HoG wasn't critical acclaimed. It seems that voters didn't like HoG and even though they liked Gaga, it damaged her potentials to get the nomination:bradley:

While the film being average helped the narrative of "Gaga carrying the film," I agree. The next project needs to be as strong as ASIB. She's proven her worth, now she needs to find the right vehicle. 

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 22,854
On 2/8/2022 at 5:31 PM, little legend said:

Looks like Gaga not getting a single win (or just 1 or 2?) at all the small irrelevant award shows consisting of 4-5 voters , was a indicator of what was going to happen:enigma:

here you go, a list of her "zero" wins and noms at the "irrelevant award shows"

• thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 29,034
x3

This might be the third most saddest day being a little legend ( at least related to awards and not including ARTPOP era or health issues) 

But still nothing is more sad than these moments:bradley:

1ff8d023f2501abbbeaa35e1588520d7.gif189d.gif

Especially this omg....:crying::

CoolTintedImperatorangel-max-1mb.gif

sad.gif.d326fac29bd3edf6c1a7a38017174bd6

Edited by little legend
  • sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,317
On 2/8/2022 at 12:48 PM, donatellab said:

y’all are so overly dramatic sometimes, i literally don’t understand it :awkney:

we r gays honey. what do you expect? :icant:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 2/8/2022 at 5:27 PM, donatellab said:

I think some Gaga fans sometimes take all of her noms and awards for granted, since we are used to her snatching noms and wins left and right, sometimes for simply being THE Lady Gaga

Drag me if you want, but some of you are overreacting and act like this is the end of the world or a horrible moment in her career. She has already won and been nominated for prestigious awards for HOG and we should be grateful for each and every one of them. Most actors don’t get so many awards so early in their careers. Some actors get their first Oscar nom/win decades into their careers, and Gaga has done an incredible job and has been acknowledged for it as well. 

Honestly this is the best comment that I read since the nominations was revealed. We don't give Gaga enough credit even for the nomination that she got in 2019, It's either black or white with this fanbase (aka success or failure). I really hope that we wont see this entire era as a failure just because she didn't got the Oscar nomination (this would be the ultimate arrogancy from us) there are actresses out there with like 50 movies that only got one or 0 Oscar nominations while Gaga achieved greatness with only 2 leading roles which is absolutely MASSIVE for a simple actress alone not talking about a singer turned actress. Yeah It's very unfair what happened today but let's be glad for what she did because most likely no major singer like Gaga would ever do what she has done for a long time.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,034
x3
On 2/8/2022 at 4:46 PM, donatellab said:

here you go, a list of her "zero" wins and noms at the "irrelevant award shows"

Lmao at you being so aggressive 

It was irony. I know that she won and get nominated for all the big awards ( well except Oscars:dead:) . I was just commenting-joking about the fact that at the beginning we were a bit worried because she didn't win any of the irrelevant local awards

Pop-a-911-ster 29,034
x3
On 2/8/2022 at 4:48 PM, donatellab said:

y’all are so overly dramatic sometimes, i literally don’t understand it :awkney:

Of course we are overreacting. We are sad. 

Show some empathy:lesson:

• hugs 1