Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 11,859
On 2/2/2022 at 12:06 PM, artgagapop said:

-I :icant:

Gagas top 10 on spotify
#6(+1) Million Reasons
#7(-1) Rain on me 

Ariana streaming poison, why? 

I hate that I cant FLOP react to your comment :bebe:

Bring it back admins

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,859
On 2/2/2022 at 12:15 PM, ViviLittleM said:

CHILE WAS I THE ONLY ONE NOT HAVING ACCESS TO THE FORUM ALL DAY LONG?

a WIN for our mental health

Spoiler

joke

Spoiler

or not

• lol 3

Pop-a-911-ster 31,858
On 2/2/2022 at 4:06 PM, artgagapop said:

-I :icant:

Gagas top 10 on spotify
#6(+1) Million Reasons
#7(-1) Rain on me 

Ariana streaming poison, why? 

The GP wants HACGa :lesson:

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,983
x3
On 2/2/2022 at 4:23 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Hopefully Top Gun song will be enough to achieve to be top 10 for 2022 but I doubt it

Adele with a brand new album and still flopping:banana:

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

Brazilian EDM superstar Alok has been exposed for using ghost producers and not even paying them

Kinda off topic but imo this is such a big deal and I feel like no one is talking about it :dead:

Spoiler

can't say this is entirely surprising on the other hand

https://www.billboard.com/pro/alok-dj-ghost-producers-sevenn-brazilian-bass/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Now the Brauers are speaking out about what they call a “commercially abusive, one-sided relationship” with Alok. Sevenn tell Billboard they worked on at least 14 tracks for the Brazilian DJ for which they have received no credit, publishing splits or compensation. The brothers also claim that they – not Alok — created the deep-house offshoot Brazilian Bass, the rising popularity of which led to Alok’s signing by Warner Music dance imprint Spinnin’ Records.

“Alok initially helped, and we were happy to repay the favor, until we started realizing that he was profiting hugely off our work without offering anything substantial in return,” the Brauers say in a joint statement.

Billboard gathered Spotify data for 12 of the 14 tracks the Brauers say they received no compensation for. If the Brauers had been compensated to reflect the contributions they say they made on these tracks, they would have earned about $263,000 to date — $223,000 in publishing royalties and another $40,000 in producer’s fees — on Spotify alone. That estimate could likely balloon to more than $1.3 million when royalties from plays at other digital services and radio are taken into account, not to mention global sales.

Billboard estimates that the 12 tracks — which include Alok and Liu’s “All I Want”; Alok and his brother Bhaskar’s “Fuego”; and Alok’s “Favela,” featuring Ina Wroldsen — have received a combined 1.024 billion plays and generated a combined total of nearly $4.13 million, in label payments ($3.38 million) and publishing royalties ($748,000) from Spotify. And using a standard producer’s rate of 4% royalty in addition to whatever flat fee producers of those 12 tracks were paid, Billboard estimates a total producer fee payout of $135,000.

Edited by Andreu
  • shook 2

A Popster Is Born 18,433

Not MR surpassing ROM in the irrelevant but still kinda relevant top 10 on Gaga’s Spotify. I have no words.

Spoiler

And I don’t care either lol. ROM is a Grammy winning smash hit. MR is cute and is a Grammy nominated song. We won either way.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 6

On 2/2/2022 at 4:54 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Not MR surpassing ROM in the irrelevant but still kinda relevant top 10 on Gaga’s Spotify. I have no words.

Hide contents

And I don’t care either lol. ROM is a Grammy winning smash hit. MR is cute and is a Grammy nominated song. We won either way.

Both 2 belong with some of her best songs of all time :legend:

Edited by artgagapop
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1