Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

Popster for Sale 44,646

someone on ATRL

«The problem with Gaga lead singles is that her fans hype themselves too much. Their expectations are impossible to meet and they set her up. They expect her to release Bad Romance every time and when she releases something else that is not Bad Romance they drag her. Her lead singles become sacrificial lambs to announce that an album is coming. By the time the second single rolls around, everyone’s expectations become more realistic. Which is why her team focuses more on the second single»

not sacrificial lambs nnnn 

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 1/17/2022 at 12:54 PM, GucciOreos said:

someone on ATRL

«The problem with Gaga lead singles is that her fans hype themselves too much. Their expectations are impossible to meet and they set her up. They expect her to release Bad Romance every time and when she releases something else that is not Bad Romance they drag her. Her lead singles become sacrificial lambs to announce that an album is coming. By the time the second single rolls around, everyone’s expectations become more realistic. Which is why her team focuses more on the second single»

it's true. LMs never like anything.

Pop-a-911-ster 28,921
x3
On 1/17/2022 at 4:54 PM, GucciOreos said:

someone on ATRL

So she releases bad songs as leads and sacrifice them in order to reduce the high expectations? 

This actually makes sense. But also it's a stupid plan 

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,921
x3
On 1/17/2022 at 5:05 PM, Andreu said:

Wow at it being the #98 best selling album out of the 100 in total albums that were released in 2021. 

Even if i am not a fan ,i must admit.... That's amazing for her standards:applause:

Edited by little legend
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 1/17/2022 at 11:54 PM, GucciOreos said:

someone on ATRL

So accdg to that logic they are sabotaging the "REAL" hype and radio support on purpose? :icant:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 1/17/2022 at 5:54 PM, GucciOreos said:

someone on ATRL

Kinda true, this is why I don't really trash Stupid Love, I didn't expect her lead single to be really something huge just because it came after ASIB, I look at its peaks WW and think It's actually pretty decent and I also appreciate the fact that it is a radio hit in UK and some other parts in Europe, for me these are a +. It did a decent work with the treatment that it got, It's not a flop like Perfect Illusion for example (I love PI more than SL, I just want to be realistic)

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,711
On 1/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, little legend said:

Wow at it being the #98 best selling album out of the 100 in total album that were released in 2021. 

Even if i am not a fan ,i must admit.... That's amazing for her standards:applause:

With the massive radio support she had in 2021 it is so bad :rip:

better than Taylor I guess 

hope her next album will cross at least 100K 

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

On 1/17/2022 at 11:06 AM, danwasd said:

no :education:

Joanne is a good album :lesson: Just because I also like ARTPOP doesn't mean I can't like Joanne. My other go-to genre is rock and its umbrella including country-rock. Gaga is not limited to Dance Pop/EDM :lesson:

Pop-a-911-ster 28,921
x3
On 1/17/2022 at 5:10 PM, Fame Romance said:

WIG serves an extremely stable French chart run of OUT-OUT (top 200) this week

:stable:

Serving stability and longevity on OUT-OUT charts

Amazing for her standards:applause:

Edited by little legend

On 1/17/2022 at 11:00 AM, emig_09 said:

it's true. LMs never like anything.

The last Gaga single I disliked is G.U.Y., but only because I wanted Venus to be a proper single. I've liked all her singles ever since :enigma: PI and SL whew. The salt and fire LMs have for these songs make listening to them so much more enjoyable :laughga:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,786
On 1/17/2022 at 4:10 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Kinda true, this is why I don't really trash Stupid Love, I didn't expect her lead single to be really something huge just because it came after ASIB, I look at its peaks WW and think It's actually pretty decent and I also appreciate the fact that it is a radio hit in UK and some other parts in Europe, for me these are a +. It did a decent work with the treatment that it got, It's not a flop like Perfect Illusion for example (I love PI more than SL, I just want to be realistic)

Perfect Illusion would have similar peaks if the video was released early. SL did not really perform that much better tbh.

• love 3

Pop-a-911-ster 28,921
x3
On 1/17/2022 at 5:17 PM, BenG said:

Perfect Illusion would have similar peaks if the video was released early. SL did not really perform that much better tbh.

+ Perfect Illusion was coming from ARTPOP and G.U.Y. meanwhile Stupid Love was coming from Shallow and the hype was there