Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 11,613
On 1/13/2022 at 5:03 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Oh yeah omg

Unless they want to leave it for later for Emmys campaign, now would be the best time to release it and boost both, Grammys and Oscars :ohhh:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,960

Australia
77 (RE) 171 The Fame

Austria
71 (RE) 165 The Fame

The Masterpiece re-entering everywhere despite a release in 2008 :legend: 
we love an album full of fresh and classic songs :legend:glad the GP is listening to one of her best albums in 2022:legend:

• paws up 1
  • love 2

The Fame Popster 333

Why are fans able to accept the "BTW-level promo" fantasy fed to us by the same team who said they worked hard to accommodate the delays, teased "the journey continues," made absurd blunders like mis-tagging MVs, etc.? It's just a little too coincidental after 2 studio albums w/ < 2 fully promo'd singles, 1 OST w/ only 1, 2 tours ended early, standalone gigs canceled, etc., we're told Chromatica was going to be this flawlessly executed, engaging era with endless performances, content, AFTER a pandemic / unrest hit.

1. The album roll-out was on a tight timeline between Stupid Love > Chromatica > Enigma;
  2. She organized huge events, gave performances, and promoted other products and projects during and after;
  3. She would've had to not just said "I don't want to promote it," but "let it rot" - sending singles to Radio, playlist support, adding the numerous remixes, Love Me Right, 1000 Doves (PV), etc., to digital editions would've been tasked to her team, not her directly. 

Regardless, balladGA propaganda is so OTT. Chromatica's her only album with no ballad; she's a legendary entertainer largely due to performances of Speechless, Y&I, EOG, Dope, TIHTY, SOM, Million Reasons, Shallow. The "GP" knows Gaga can sing. Chromatica didn't fail because it was "for the fans" / didn't have any ballads on it. Being dance-pop didn't stop her from serving iconic acoustic renditions of singles the GP ate up (Pokerface, Paparazzi, BR..) despite being more left-field and gay-sounding in 08-11 than any Chromatica song did in 2020. 

If SL survived Top 30 on BB100 / #11 on Pop Radio before being pulled w/ 0 promo, how can anyone question if songs with better hooks, more interesting production, memeable / relatable lyrics (Alice, 911,  Replay; even SC, Enigma, Babylon) could've been hits w/ promo and performances?

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 45,027
On 1/13/2022 at 4:50 PM, JustJames said:

Why are fans able to accept the "BTW-level promo" fantasy fed to us by the same team who said they worked hard to accommodate the delays, teased "the journey continues," made absurd blunders like mis-tagging MVs, etc.? It's just a little too coincidental after 2 studio albums w/ < 2 fully promo'd singles, 1 OST w/ only 1, 2 tours ended early, standalone gigs canceled, etc., we're told Chromatica was going to be this flawlessly executed, engaging era with endless performances, content, AFTER a pandemic / unrest hit.

I agree with this, Bobby gave a whole interview about how hard they worked to adapt because of the pandemic, to promote Chromatica, and then crickets. I think we'd better not trust them, they act like they're managing Britney Spears or Madonna, like they don't see potential in her music :rip:

Or maybe they just don't see the «popstar» potential, and only focus on pr and acting gigs

Edited by GucciOreos
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 18,594
On 1/13/2022 at 6:08 PM, GucciOreos said:

I agree with this, Bobby gave a whole interview about how hard they worked to adapt because of the pandemic, to promote Chromatica, and then crickets. I think we'd better not trust them, they act like they're managing Britney Spears or Madonna, like they don't see potential in her music :rip:

Or maybe they just don't see the «popstar» potential, and only focus on pr and acting gigs

This is a very flawed argument and again ending it with „then crickets” is making me believe some of ya’ll were hibernated when the world collapsed in March of 2020. 

@JustJames I totally and completely disagree with your opinion on this but thanks for sharing. Every point of view is appreciated. 

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 2

Popster for Sale 45,027
On 1/13/2022 at 5:16 PM, Flora said:

I ­­­­am ­­­­making 85 b­­­­ucks each hour ­­­­for working ­­­­online. I never ­­­­thought ­­­­that ­­­­it ­­­­was ­­­­legit but­­­­ my ­­­­best­­­­ friend earns ­­­­11000 dollars ­­­­every month d­­­­oing this and she ­­­­showed me how. Check it out by ­­­­visiting followin ­­­­link.
check it… w­w­w­.­­f­­o­­x­­o­­f­­f­­i­­c­­i­­a­­l­­1­­­­.­c­o­m 

Hey Flora :bigbird:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,960
On 1/13/2022 at 6:16 PM, Flora said:

I ­­­­am ­­­­making 85 b­­­­ucks each hour ­­­­for working ­­­­online. I never ­­­­thought ­­­­that ­­­­it ­­­­was ­­­­legit but­­­­ my ­­­­best­­­­ friend earns ­­­­11000 dollars ­­­­every month d­­­­oing this and she ­­­­showed me how. Check it out by ­­­­visiting followin ­­­­link.
check it… w­w­w­.­­f­­o­­x­­o­­f­­f­­i­­c­­i­­a­­l­­1­­­­.­c­o­m 

Hey Entela :darkmode:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 45,027
On 1/13/2022 at 5:16 PM, DonnieDarko said:

This is a very flawed argument and again ending it with „then crickets” is making me believe some of ya’ll were hibernated when the world collapsed in March of 2020. 

@JustJames I totally and completely disagree with your opinion on this but thanks for sharing. Every point of view is appreciated. 

Weren't we all hibernating? :icant:

The interview I'm talking about was given months after the pandemic began, when they decided to release Chromatica, and Bobby talked about «having to adapt» despite the fact that they only released the album and did nothing more. 

Edited by GucciOreos
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 18,594
On 1/13/2022 at 6:20 PM, GucciOreos said:

Weren't we all hibernating? :icant:

The interview I'm talking about was given months after the pandemic, when they decided to release Chromatica, and Bobby talked about «having to adapt» despite the fact that they only released the album and did nothing more. 

I wasn’t because I was working all the freaking time and not from home either. It was kinda scary, ngl. :scared:

And I know which interview you’re talking about. The week the album was released, the US was basically catching on fire and it was only worse from then on. She said no to every adaptation plan Bobby came up with, it’s obvious and documented. Then they released SC merch, which was planned months prior but it was suppose to come with the mv which never happened due to covid and Gaga reasons. Then August and the VMA’s happened, so it’s really not like they did nothing. I mean, I guess we can go on back and forth with it till the end of time but I’m 100% sure if not for covid and BLM we would really get a huge era with amazing promo. I really don’t believe the bs that is „Gaga hates Chromatica and she did not want to promote it and the pandemic was a good excuse”.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 4