Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

Moderator 17,147
On 1/13/2022 at 3:09 PM, Miaou said:

It’s clear now that the GP wants BalladGa, The daily numbers of her ballads don’t lie.

Two well performing ballads (namely Shallow and ARUTW) does not equal that the GP wants only ballads :katy:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 45,027

Maybe rock music could bridge the gap between the old-fashioned GP who think only analogue music can be «real» and «meaningful» and her fans that want her to keep that element of shock-value, unpredictability and artifice she was known for in the beggining of her career. 

Edited by GucciOreos
  • paws up 1

Popster for Sale 45,027
On 1/13/2022 at 2:21 PM, Thrasher said:

Gaga can release an album with power ballads AND uptempo songs as well.

Speechless or Yoü and I belong to the same albums as Bad Romance or Marry The Night, for example. 

Yes but even those had mostly electronic production and where relegated to non-singles, or third and fourth single. Those projects were dance-pop and were marketed as such. For the GP to be hooked, it needs to be something different imo.

Popster to Popster 4,833

Yeah the GP loves ballads from Gaga (I also love them just as much) but that doesn't mean they wont go for her other songs aswell. Here's the thing, you can't really put a final conclusion after an era like Chromatica which could not give a proper promotion bc of the things that was happening in the world. Her ballads worked also because she was giving them a proper promotion (she performed Million Reasons a lot of times + at the SB, and the other ones was having a massive push from the movie). There's potential in her dance songs aswell, but it just needs a proper plan for it to work.

• thanks 2

Popster for Sale 45,027
On 1/13/2022 at 2:46 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Yeah the GP loves ballads from Gaga (I also love them just as much) but that doesn't mean they wont go for her other songs aswell. Here's the thing, you can't really put a final conclusion after an era like Chromatica which could not give a proper promotion bc of the things that was happening in the world. Her ballads worked also because she was giving them a proper promotion (she performed Million Reasons a lot of times + at the SB, and the other ones was having a massive push from the movie). There's potential in her dance songs aswell, but it just needs a proper plan for it to work.

Here's the thing: I don't think we should expect whatever it is we consider «proper promotion» from now on, hence, for Gaga to smash it needs to happen organically - since Chromatica era was frontloaded, dance music is not what brings her organic longevity - maybe ballads will. 

On 1/13/2022 at 3:24 PM, GucciOreos said:

Yes but even those had mostly electronic production and where relegated to non-singles, or third and fourth single. Those projects were dance-pop and were marketed as such. For the GP to be hooked, it needs to be something different imo.

Speechless and Yoü and I? They're mostly rock/country-rock inspired ballads which would be perfect for her as a genre right now as you said. 

Agreed for the rest though, I was just saying that it hasn't to be necessarily black or white. She can do multiple things on the same album (to please more targets) and then pick the right singles depending on the narrative/sound they want to push. Even Joanne was presented as "stripped-down" but includes songs like PI, John Wayne, DH, DIC. 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 1/13/2022 at 4:56 PM, GucciOreos said:

Here's the thing: I don't think we should expect whatever it is we consider «proper promotion» from now on, hence, for Gaga to smash it needs to happen organically - since Chromatica era was frontloaded, dance music is not what brings her organic longevity - maybe ballads will. 

Joanne era was not that far long ago and she was still giving a very good promotion, say what you want, but I highly doubt that she's going to give the Chromatica treatment to her next album. I'm not expecting BTW level of promo for her next albums but neither like Chromatica. If she is able to give a better promotion to her side projects like Love For Sale (and during her movie era) then I'm sure she can still do a good promotion to her main albums. 

A Popster Is Born 16,862
On 1/13/2022 at 10:57 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Still waiting for WHAT'S WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG WITH LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE oOoOOoOoOoOoOoOO to be released, with production by Mark Ronson, not RedOne

What song is that?

Popster for Sale 45,027
On 1/13/2022 at 3:07 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Joanne era was not that far long ago and she was still giving a very good promotion, say what you want, but I highly doubt that she's going to give the Chromatica treatment to her next album. I'm not expecting BTW level of promo for her next albums but neither like Chromatica. If she is able to give a better promotion to her side projects like Love For Sale (and during her movie era) then I'm sure she can still do a good promotion to her main albums. 

I don't think Love For Sale got better promotion though. Other than that, I hope you're right!

A Popster Is Born 18,594

My two cents on promo-throwing Chromatica in as an example of how she will promote her new music projects is not exaclty the way to go. We all know they’ve had plans and they were big.

We all know she stopped everything once the pandemic hit. We all know Interscope approached her to continue but she felt it wasn’t right. It was her right to do so and if not for the pandemic and BLM we would get a hugely promoted era, short lived yes, but it’s obvious now it was going to be BTW level promo or at least similiar. 

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,852
On 1/13/2022 at 5:23 PM, DonnieDarko said:

My two cents on promo-throwing Chromatica in as an example of how she will promote her new music projects is not exaclty the way to go. We all know they’ve had plans and they were big.

We all know she stopped everything once the pandemic hit. We all know Interscope approached her to continue but she felt it wasn’t right. It was her right to do so and if not for the pandemic and BLM we would get a hugely promoted era, short lived yes, but it’s obvious now it was going to be BTW level promo or at least similiar. 

Exactly, Chromatica had huge plans promo-wise, it’s clear that they wanted it to be a very very succesful era + the album had so much potential

SC’s music video would’ve probably been her most watched one, ROM would have easily +1B streams, and the whole album 3-4B streams 

Everytime they tried to relaunch the era, something even worse happened and Gaga just didn’t feel like continuing with the plans

• paws up 3