Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 16,865
On 1/13/2022 at 1:51 AM, corvus albus said:

30 already 3x Platinum

I think 3million shipments

Not sure where it stands in actual units in the US.. maybe around 2M

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 1/7/2022 at 11:26 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Honestly, if she doesn't get nominated at the SAG awards then we should start thinking about her not making it at the Oscars (and not now) but if she does then It's most likely a lock. Chances are with her since SAG members loved HOG (I'm even betting for Jared Leto to get a nom here) 

Y'all should listen to me more often :laughga:

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,312
On 1/12/2022 at 3:37 PM, FRANZGA said:

Why am i reading that Gaga is top2 in BAFTA longlist thus a sure nomination?

They revealed the top2 or something? 🤔

predictions

A Popster Is Born 13,486
On 1/13/2022 at 12:07 AM, FRANZGA said:

It’s just a prediction because HOG got the maximum amount of mentions out of all the best actress contenders. The movie being a huge hit in the UK helps too.

Pop-a-911-ster 39,612
On 1/12/2022 at 1:37 PM, FRANZGA said:

I think it’s a mix of the buttload nominations HOG got at the longlist for BAFTA combined with Gaga having a sh!t ton of international support thanks to her AACTA nomination and Capri win so people are expecting her to have wide support.

But again, predictions

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,865

"There are no frontrunner, its a three way open battle between three ladies. SAG: Nicole vs Gaga BAFTAs: Olivia vs Gaga Oscars: SAG winner vs BAFTA winner Nicole and Olivia are more likely to win at SAG/BAFTA respectively, but Gaga being #2 at both gives her two chances to cause an upset. I will say this put all these three ladies on equal ground, right now."

^from GD

my exact same thoughts... Poor Kristen Stewart but i think she'll win CC, no? And still be nominated for Oscars but yup she's most likely not getting that trophy and now fighting for her life for that 4th/5th spot

Edited by FRANZGA
  • paws up 5
  • shook 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 16,865
On 1/13/2022 at 2:46 AM, Adarsh said:

It’s just a prediction because HOG got the maximum amount of mentions out of all the best actress contenders. The movie being a huge hit in the UK helps too.

For top5 contenders yes.. but for top10 contenders WWS and DLU got more mentions

Pop-a-911-ster 29,029
x3
On 1/12/2022 at 4:29 PM, GucciOreos said:

manifesting: Gaga gets an Oscar nom and wins + wins AOTY with Tony Bennett + releases Top Gun song and it's a hit + starts teasing LG7 this year 

the collapse a year like this would be for us :bebe:

After everything we have been through since 2011, we deserve the absolutely slayage in every aspect of music/acting industry. Gaga deserves to dominate everything again:giveup:

• yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,612

NBP:
https://www.nextbestpicture.com/latest/2021-sag-nominations-recap-surprises-snubs-what-this-all-means-for-the-oscars

“The film that received the most considerable boost today with surprise nominations was Ridley Scott’s “House Of Gucci.” While Lady Gaga showing up in Best Actress was expected, Jared Leto received a nomination in Supporting Actor, and the film showed up in Ensemble. While Leto missed at the Golden Globes, he has the actors’ support and could still get in at the Oscars for his over-the-top, divisive performance. As for Ensemble and the overall film’s chances, it was clear the number of stars and the film’s decent box office performance helped it overtake other contenders. The film also did exceedingly well with the BAFTA longlists, managing to land in almost every conceivable category it could, so perhaps “House Of Gucci” might be the film to take that mysterious tenth Best Picture slot at the Oscars.”

Lady Gaga Movie GIF by House of Gucci

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 3

A Popster Is Born 16,865

Talking about Billboard's new rule, why can't they also limit the remixes while they're at it? :gunga:

BoTS will just release 50remixes per week 

Also, not the BoTS stans admitting their fraudulence blatantly on twitter.. truly the WORST thing to ever happen in music lately.. glad they remain inside the bubble and never truly touched the GP :icant:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 5

A Popster Is Born 13,486
On 1/13/2022 at 12:32 AM, FRANZGA said:

For top5 contenders yes.. but for top10 contenders WWS and DLU got more mentions

DLU is not a best actress contender and after the SAGs neither is WSS. Kristen will definitely take the fifth spot. Rachel was outshined by the supporting actors in her own movie.