Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 30,433
On 12/28/2021 at 7:24 PM, emig_09 said:

an stablished dj? :icant:

Quite the opposite because he has spent the last decade hopping from trend to trend chasing quick hits (which at least he achieved) but with little personality

Pop-a-911-ster 27,312
On 12/28/2021 at 3:28 PM, GucciOreos said:

I haven't seen the film but is this framed as an acceptable/good or funny thing? 

it seems it's not, heni :katy:

A Popster Is Born 11,614
On 12/28/2021 at 7:20 PM, Fame Romance said:

I think I had heard about that song title from f-words on Twitter but never actually heard the song :delulu_bird:

So my earlier post is your next party playlist I guess. :excuseme:

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 13,486
On 12/28/2021 at 11:58 PM, GucciOreos said:

I haven't seen the film but is this framed as an acceptable/good or funny thing? 

At this point it doesn’t even matter. Asian hate is at an all time high in USA, especially because of Covid. There’s no excuse for this behaviour. Especially from an all white cast directed by a white director. 

• thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,312
On 12/28/2021 at 4:50 PM, Adarsh said:

At this point it doesn’t even matter. Asian hate is at an all time high in USA, especially because of Covid. There’s no excuse for this behaviour. Especially from an all white cast directed by a white director. 

:applause:

Pop-a-911-ster 39,612
On 12/28/2021 at 2:31 PM, emig_09 said:

HOG to 62 (+1) in RT :applause:

Critic Score - 🍅 62 (+1) w/ 311 (+5) reviews 

Audience Score - 🍿 83% (=)

Lady Gaga Good Job GIF by House of Gucci

Note:

1 review added 12/27 - 1/1 FRESH 🍅 

4 reviews added 12/28 - 4/4 FRESH 🍅 

Total - 5/5 FRESH reviews this past week

...where's odeon or whatever their name is to yell at me to stop posting this cause it's going down down so down down :laughga:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 5

The Fame Popster 333
On 12/28/2021 at 2:50 PM, Adarsh said:

I haven't seen it - and am assuming everyone saying it is problematic saw it and were outraged before this - but this logic is, well, illogical. It's a film. Are we really to a point as a society where the contents of a film are limited by the race, gender, age, etc., of the director/cast? Isn't art the unique, individual interpretation and expression of a story, image, joke, person, relationship? What the heck is the point if only one interpretation and expression is allowed?

Only an Asian director is allowed to show their vision of a fight within an interracial relationship? Is only a Japanese woman married to a white man able to play the role after confirming if it's realistic for her white husband to mock her heritage in a squabble? From NBC: "“The film is not even about Asians or race, and what it does is normalize this violence, this casual anti-Asian racism,” one sociologist said." << Okay. But, (sadly or not), it IS normal, or normal enough for the director to include it when depicting this interaction. Does every piece of art or form of expression need to come with a PSA? 

Also, how should a director/cast be expected to know how the behaviors of society might be during its future release? HoG should've been cancelled - there might have been a rise in spousal homicides! And, well, since Ridley and the cast have never been killed by a spouse, it should've never been greenlit.

OR... did we all know, before / during / after that -- just like mocking your spouse's (or anyone's) heritage by using a fake accent -- killing a spouse is wrong? Good grief.

Edited by JustJames
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 11,614
On 12/28/2021 at 9:13 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Critic Score - 🍅 62 (+1) w/ 311 (+5) reviews 

Audience Score - 🍿 83% (=)

Lady Gaga Good Job GIF by House of Gucci

Note:

1 review added 12/27 - 1/1 FRESH 🍅 

4 reviews added 12/28 - 4/4 FRESH 🍅 

Total - 5/5 FRESH reviews this past week

...where's odeon or whatever their name is to yell at me to stop posting this cause it's going down down so down down :laughga:

I remember that time when I was expecting around 75 for HoG but then reality kicked in and I was hoping it will at least stay fresh :creepin:

Long story short, in the end GodGa always wins :talent:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 3

A Popster Is Born 11,614
On 12/28/2021 at 9:23 PM, Fame Romance said:

House of Gucci already modern classic with initial mixed reception and retrospective rave reviews. Why? :oscar:

Because GodGa is winning again and we can stand it :talent:

• yaas, gaga 2

Popster for Sale 57,535
On 12/28/2021 at 9:30 PM, PanPikus said:

Because GodGa is winning again and we can stand it :talent:

Wbk AOTY and BA win in a few months is gonna take her to a new level of masterclass superstardom I'm planting this seed as much as needed yup yuptalent.gif

Edited by Fame Romance
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

A Popster Is Born 13,486
On 12/29/2021 at 1:53 AM, JustJames said:

I haven't seen it - and am assuming everyone saying it is problematic saw it and were outraged before this - but this logic is, well, illogical. It's a film. Are we really to a point as a society where the contents of a film are limited by the race, gender, age, etc., of the director/cast? Isn't art the unique, individual interpretation and expression of a story, image, joke, person, relationship? What the heck is the point if only one interpretation and expression is allowed?

Only an Asian director is allowed to show their vision of a fight within an interracial relationship? Is only a Japanese woman married to a white man able to play the role after confirming if it's realistic for her white husband to mock her heritage in a squabble? From NBC: "“The film is not even about Asians or race, and what it does is normalize this violence, this casual anti-Asian racism,” one sociologist said." << Okay. But, (sadly or not), it IS normal, or normal enough for the director to include it when depicting this interaction. Does every piece of art or form of expression need to come with a PSA? 

Also, how should a director/cast be expected to know how the behaviors of society might be during its future release? HoG should've been cancelled - there might have been a rise in spousal homicides! And, well, since Ridley and the cast have never been killed by a spouse, it should've never been greenlit.

OR... did we all know, before / during / after that -- just like mocking your spouse's (or anyone's) heritage by using a fake accent -- killing a spouse is wrong? Good grief.

Tell this to the people who were laughing in the cinema when that racist man was making fun of his Japanese wife’s accent. I can’t even imagine how an Asian person in the audience might have felt at that very moment. 

• thanks 2