Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

On 12/11/2021 at 4:51 PM, Adarsh said:

40m+ domestic by tomorrow :gaycat: If the movie can reach 50m domestic in the end, it will be huge. For comparison, Dune is at 100m domestic and that’s a blockbuster.  

Dune underperform. It will be hard for 50m because next week spiderman will be released and will take all screening, and week later matrix.

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 252
On 12/11/2021 at 11:36 AM, PanPikus said:

Well, maybe the projections were bigger but still over 4M on Friday is not bad for a musical these days, right? :shakes:

That number includes 800k from Thursday previews but I know nothing about any of this. I'm just pretending for Gaga:enigma:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,395
On 12/11/2021 at 10:11 PM, Nemanja said:

Dune underperform. It will be hard for 50m because next week spiderman will be released and will take all screening, and week later matrix.

Everything is underperforming during Covid. It’s best to have realistic standards lol 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,395
On 12/11/2021 at 10:06 PM, PanPikus said:

Well, maybe the projections were bigger but still over 4M on Friday is not bad for a musical these days, right? :shakes:

For comparison, In the heights (similar musical) did 5M opening day a few months ago and that’s considered an abysmal flop. 

A Popster Is Born 13,395
On 12/11/2021 at 11:29 PM, Delusional said:

That’s true. Will we see boosts for HoG closer to Christmas ?

Hopefully. Since it’s the only grown up drama slaying the cinemas. The only competition we have is West Side Story.

• paws up 1
  • love 2

A Popster Is Born 11,829

Kristen is the clear favorite in most of these critics awards. She really is coming for that Oscar. As long as Gaga keeps getting some cute nominations here and there, Im fine. I expect her to be nominated at both Critics Choice and Golden Globes this Monday

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 13,395
On 12/12/2021 at 12:03 AM, Doncho said:

Kristen is the clear favorite in most of these critics awards. She really is coming for that Oscar. As long as Gaga keeps getting some cute nominations here and there, Im fine. I expect her to be nominated at both Critics Choice and Golden Globes this Monday

An important thing to note is that critics don’t have any impact on the Oscars. Last year Carey Muligan won 90% of the critics awards yet she didn’t win the Oscar. In 2019, Toni Collette won 80% of the critics awards her she wasn’t even nominated for an Oscar.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,829
On 12/11/2021 at 3:40 PM, Adarsh said:

An important thing to note is that critics don’t have any impact on the Oscars. Last year Carey Muligan won 90% of the critics awards yet she didn’t win the Oscar. In 2019, Toni Collette won 80% of the critics awards her she wasn’t even nominated for an Oscar.

Yeah thats a good point. Anything could happen I guess. I still remember Glenn Close s shocked face when she lost the Oscar to Olivia :enigma:

• lol 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 12/11/2021 at 8:33 PM, Doncho said:

Nobody is a real clear favorite here. We just need to wait for the big awards (and even then it wont be 100% sure, I still remember Glenn Close losing the Oscar after winning the SAG award)

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 13,395
On 12/12/2021 at 12:14 AM, Doncho said:

Yeah thats a good point. Anything could happen I guess. I still remember Glenn Close s shocked face when she lost the Oscar to Olivia :enigma:

Poor Glenn :bebe: I was actually rooting for her because she’s Gaga’s family friend.