Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Popster for Sale 45,020
On 12/3/2021 at 10:56 PM, nodandsmile2.0 said:

we should be over the moon with an Oscar nomination alone, the competition is sick as fck!!!

raves about your performance alone won't be enough to get nominated, you gotta have other things working for you

I love that you decided to join us to enlighten us :applause:

Welcome queen/king :giveup:

• love 1

Popster to Popster 4,206
On 12/3/2021 at 7:34 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Chile

The Gotham critics’ choice winner hasn’t been nominated at the Oscars for the last three years in a row. NYFCC picks Regina Hall (“Support the Girls,” 2018), Lupita Nyong’o (“Us,” 2019), and Sidney Flanigan (“Never Rarely Sometimes Always,” 2020) were snubbed by the actors branch of the academy.

Completely different situations, though. Support the Girls was a really small movie with a weak distributor. Regina was never in the conversation in the first place. Lupita had to face genre bias (horror movie, really hard to get Oscar attention). And Sidney was an indie pick from a foreign movie.

Gaga is not unknown and has been getting Oscar buzz since the movie was announced. She has the critic raves, box office and and a big studio backing her.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,960

About her win today

« The biggest female star just got endorsed by the most respected film critics group as best actress, a feat that no major pop star in the history has ever been able to achieve. She will win GG along with some industry awards and be a major force at the Oscar. The academy has nominated her a few times and are comfortable of nominating her, unlike those who have never been nominated before. Whether the AMPAS is willing to give her the win is to anyone’s guess though. But they have already showed us who they are comfortable to vote for if such scenario happens. »

Gaga is a f-ing legend 

a biopic about her legendary career will for sure happen 

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 1

On 12/3/2021 at 5:34 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Chile

The Gotham critics’ choice winner hasn’t been nominated at the Oscars for the last three years in a row. NYFCC picks Regina Hall (“Support the Girls,” 2018), Lupita Nyong’o (“Us,” 2019), and Sidney Flanigan (“Never Rarely Sometimes Always,” 2020) were snubbed by the actors branch of the academy.

Wtf isn't Gotham where Batman lives :icant:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,306

After an entire week at #2 in Argentina, HOG starts at #3 in the new week below "Encanto" and "Resident..." :applause:

Accumulated tickets: 53,377

• paws up 7

A Popster Is Born 13,485
On 12/4/2021 at 5:33 AM, DonnieDarko said:

I mean, I think Kristen can take it at Baftas

I read some expert opinions and they said that the British don’t like that movie. It shows Diana like a weird ghost and Queen Elizabeth like a villain. That’s the worst thing you can do if you want to win a British award. Another point to keep in mind is that Prince William is the president of the BAFTA. There’s no way he’s letting this movie win anything.

• shook 4

A Popster Is Born 18,584
On 12/4/2021 at 4:19 AM, Adarsh said:

I read some expert opinions and they said that the British don’t like that movie. It shows Diana like a weird ghost and Queen Elizabeth like a villain. That’s the worst thing you can do if you want to win a British award. Another point to keep in mind is that Prince William is the president of the BAFTA. There’s no way he’s letting this movie win anything.

Yeah, I’ve read those too, actually. We just have to wait and see what’s going to happen. Gaga is already acclaimed and praised and I’m so happy about it.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1