Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

The way I can picture L4S being a serious contender for AOTY with all of this promo popping up, the committee not being there anymore, Tony’s health conditions and this being his last album and the whole Gaga HOG hype leading to the BA race. 

I didn’t want to be delusional at first, but realistically speaking the whole campaign is on our side. Also other big contenders like Sour or HTE might end up splitting votes. 

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,946
On 11/29/2021 at 10:41 AM, Thrasher said:

The way I can picture L4S being a serious contender for AOTY with all of this promo popping up, the committee not being there anymore, Tony’s health conditions and this being his last album and the whole Gaga HOG hype leading to the BA race. 

I didn’t want to be delusional at first, but realistically speaking the whole campaign is on our side. Also other big contenders like Sour or HTE might end up splitting votes. 

It is clearly one of the Top 5 contenders! And the Engineer Album nom is a great sign too. But I still dont feel secure predicting a Gaga win in the General Field :katy:

Good thing that the MTV Unplugged is releasing on the voting period. Should help a bit!

Pop-a-911-ster 29,945
On 11/29/2021 at 2:41 PM, Thrasher said:

I agree

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,997
On 11/29/2021 at 1:54 PM, GucciOreos said:
  Hide contents

It was ironic because of reactions to my post about Gaga laughing the other day.

And I Oop Whatcha Say GIF by Jasmine Masters

Nuance is found alive and well? :bigbird:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,997
On 11/29/2021 at 1:41 PM, Thrasher said:

The committee is just for nomination stage, right? Other factors, yes. Bobby is working hard to win Grammys :icant:

On 11/29/2021 at 2:52 PM, Doncho said:

But I still dont feel secure predicting a Gaga win in the General Field :katy:

Me neither, that’s what keeping me on earth :katy:

I think they’ll win the two Pop categories and Engineered Album hands down. I don’t think they’ll win ROTY or Best Video. For AOTY, my expectations are surely going up with this campaign. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,946
On 11/29/2021 at 10:58 AM, Thrasher said:

Me neither, that’s what keeping me on earth :katy:

I think they’ll win the two Pop categories and Engineered Album hands down. I don’t think they’ll win ROTY or Best Video. For AOTY, my expectations are surely going up with this campaign. 

Yeah BTPVA is like 99% confirmed. And I would say Pop Duo is like 75%. They have a great chance!

• paws up 2

On 11/29/2021 at 2:56 PM, BenG said:

The committee is just for nomination stage, right?

It is, but they were blocking Tony noms after his AOTY win because they thought more wins in GF would have been “out of touch”.

Now they don’t seem to think the same with this flood of noms…

Pop-a-911-ster 27,305
On 11/29/2021 at 11:04 AM, xo_hours said:

when they win the Grammy for BMV, a even bigger kii than Joanne’s win :icant:

BMV is a lock imo :billiecat:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 18,579
On 11/29/2021 at 3:20 PM, little legend said:

Is this real or another troll post :rip:

You might want to double check that info for your grand entrance (and quick exit that will follow) on ATRL. 
:icant:

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • shook 1
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 12,846

HoG was projected to sell 250k tickets in France first weekend and ended up selling 300k (5 day). It ended up third overall this weekend, Encanto was strong and HoGs main competitor was some weird film about a grandma in Thailand that did 340k :laughga:

In Romania, HoG opened #1 at Box Office with 220,000 $ (equivalent from Romania currency)

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 5