Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

A Popster Is Born 18,607
On 11/21/2021 at 11:01 AM, ViviLittleM said:

He watched the leak I think 😅

Yeah, most probably.

Btw I just received an e-mail that I did not fulfil the requirements to be able to attend the HOG premiere in Milan on Nov 13th.

:mess:

Pop-a-911-ster 29,988
On 11/21/2021 at 11:15 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Yeah, most probably.

Btw I just received an e-mail that I did not fulfil the requirements to be able to attend the HOG premiere in Milan on Nov 13th.

:mess:

Lmao 8 days late not bad

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,625
On 11/20/2021 at 9:20 AM, little legend said:

Little monsters have a feud with every other fanbase from the music industry like madonna fans, brit fans, beyhive, rihanna stans, Out-Out stans aka kitty kats, BOTS 

And now apart from the feud with VENOM fans , we have another one with Kristen Stewart fans:icant: 

Chile..

You forgot Glenn Close

A Popster Is Born 13,486
On 11/21/2021 at 2:17 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Well, this superfan kinda has mixed feelings and is not raving about the movie. Are we prepared, liddos? Lmao

Even the best movies can look shitty on that cam quality leak. You can’t possibly enjoy it like that.

A Popster Is Born 16,865
On 11/21/2021 at 4:47 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Well, this superfan kinda has mixed feelings and is not raving about the movie. Are we prepared, liddos? Lmao

some of the liddos in ATRL are having mixed reviews as well

you know when a liddo rate it less than perfect :katy:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 13,486
On 11/21/2021 at 4:31 PM, FRANZGA said:

some of the liddos in ATRL are having mixed reviews as well

you know when a liddo rate it less than perfect :katy:

I mean half of them didn’t even like ASIB, they just rode the hype wave because of its success. Besides, we have actual critics calling it a good movie so I’m not worried. Our biggest competition Spencer has a rotten audience score so it’s okay :katy:

• paws up 3

ARTPOPster 1,625

For what it's worth, I watched HoG in an AMC theater in full quality

Spoiler

From the second row though, so RIP my eyes

Spoiler

Yes, Gaga's a** & boobs are very good in the movie, my bi side was living

Spoiler
  • I enjoyed it a lot overall.
  • And it's a campy-ish movie. Some parts are exaggerated and acted/directed a specific way for a certain effect. Not everything is meant to be taken super seriously. It can be funny even in the serious moments.
  • It didn't feel long to me at all! At no point did it feel like it was dragging on. Truly entertaining, and as others have said, Gaga and Al Pacino had standout performances. Salma was great too.
  • Editing, I have to agree, was slightly jarring at points and didn't feel cohesive.
  • The movie has a great overarching theme about greed that you discover in the end.
Spoiler

Only complaint: I wish they'd spent a bit more time on developing the relationship - both falling in love and the downfall. Gaga does Patrizia some justice - I am convinced based on this portrayal that Patrizia wasn't just a gold-digger. She did fall in love. But one has to look critically to discover that. They could've still made it more obvious (without justifying her).

Inb4 @DonnieDarko shade :bebe:

Edited by derpmonster
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,625
On 11/21/2021 at 2:39 AM, BenG said:

EOM and 30 are not really strong Grammy contenders then

The Grammy Academy hands out awards to their faves like Halloween candy despite commercial performance...

Uncharting songs by both Gaga and Beyonce have won. :jailga: The standards are obviously higher for general field but 30/EOM are not really flops overall so far, and the Academy loves Adele more than they love Beyonce or Gaga

A Popster Is Born 16,865
On 11/21/2021 at 7:08 PM, Adarsh said:

I mean half of them didn’t even like ASIB, they just rode the hype wave because of its success. Besides, we have actual critics calling it a good movie so I’m not worried. Our biggest competition Spencer has a rotten audience score so it’s okay :katy:

Last time i checked, the initial 80% overwhelmingly positive from London Premier took a dive the past days.. :katy:

Gaga is becoming the saving grace but will it be enough?? i hate the fvcking wait

A Popster Is Born 12,847
On 11/21/2021 at 11:10 AM, derpmonster said:

For what it's worth, I watched HoG in an AMC theater in full quality

Reveal hidden contents

From the second row though, so RIP my eyes

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, Gaga's a** & boobs are very good in the movie, my bi side was living

Reveal hidden contents
  • I enjoyed it a lot overall.
  • And it's a campy-ish movie. Some parts are exaggerated and acted/directed a specific way for a certain effect. Not everything is meant to be taken super seriously. It can be funny even in the serious moments.
  • It didn't feel long to me at all! At no point did it feel like it was dragging on. Truly entertaining, and as others have said, Gaga and Al Pacino had standout performances. Salma was great too.
  • Editing, I have to agree, was slightly jarring at points and didn't feel cohesive.
  • The movie has a great overarching theme about greed that you discover in the end.
  Reveal hidden contents

Only complaint: I wish they'd spent a bit more time on developing the relationship - both falling in love and the downfall. Gaga does Patrizia some justice - I am convinced based on this portrayal that Patrizia wasn't just a gold-digger. She did fall in love. But one has to look critically to discover that. They could've still made it more obvious (without justifying her).

Inb4 @DonnieDarko shade :bebe:

Do you think people will give it good word of mouth to help the box office? 

A Popster Is Born 13,486
On 11/21/2021 at 4:47 PM, FRANZGA said:

Last time i checked, the initial 80% overwhelmingly positive from London Premier took a dive the past days.. :katy:

Gaga is becoming the saving grace but will it be enough?? i hate the fvcking wait

80% was never realistic for a campy movie anyway. Let’s aim for 65-70% on RT. Gaga’s performance is acclaimed by everyone so far so that’s all I care about. I hated how ASIB and Bradley’s direction overshadowed Gaga in 2018. 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,625
On 11/21/2021 at 3:18 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Yes, and in large part because of 1. how crazy the story is 2. the standout performances. It'll definitely generate curiosity and buzz.

GP doesn't think of movies like critics do imo. No one cares if it doesn't meet all the marks of an exceptional movie. They recommend and tell people to go watch it if it's entertaining (which this one is).  :romance:

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 13,486
On 11/21/2021 at 4:48 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Go to twitter and see the latest tweets under “House of Gucci”, I see a lot of people wanting to watch it. Almost everyone is saying it’s entertaining.

• paws up 1