Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Popster for Sale 45,020

I was thinking about this and I think its fair to do the following ranking:

Most relevant current generation pop girls right now in no particular order: Doja Cat, Ariana, Billie, Dua and Olivia.

Most relevant last generation pop girls, in order: Adele, Taylor Swift, Rih, Lady Gaga, Katy/Nicki/Miley

Popster for Sale 45,020

One thing that has me confused about this press tour for HoG is how Gaga is saying two contradictory statements regarding Pattrizzia: 1) She killed Maurizzio because she was hurt and it's a decision she regrets. 2)She is proud of the murder and wants to be known for it (which is the reason Gaga doesn't want to meet her). Can anyone help me make sense of this, it just doesn't add up :bigbird:

Can someone regret and be proud of something at the same time? 

Edited by GucciOreos

A Popster Is Born 13,485
On 11/19/2021 at 4:27 PM, GucciOreos said:

One thing that has me confused about this press tour for HoG is how Gaga is saying two contradictory statements regarding Pattrizzia: 1) She killed Maurizzio because she was hurt and it's a decision she regrets. 2)She is proud of the murder and wants to be known for it (which is the reason Gaga doesn't want to meet her). Can anyone help me make sense of this, it just doesn't add up :bigbird:

Can someone regret and be proud of something at the same time? 

Both of these statements are actually true. I was watching Patrizia’s interviews the other day and sometimes she says that she’s proud of what she did while sometimes she says that she regrets it.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,425
On 11/19/2021 at 11:55 AM, GucciOreos said:

Most relevant last generation pop girls, in order: Adele, Taylor Swift, Rih, Lady Gaga, Katy/Nicki/Miley

I wouldnt say this is fair but well, that would be an endless discussion 

A Popster Is Born 13,485
On 11/19/2021 at 4:25 PM, GucciOreos said:

If it’s according to overall sales then Gaga will be ahead of Adele. If it’s according to overall star appeal and relevance then Gaga will be ahead of both Taylor and Adele. What’s your criteria?

Popster for Sale 45,020
On 11/19/2021 at 11:12 AM, Adarsh said:

If it’s according to overall sales then Gaga will be ahead of Adele. If it’s according to overall star appeal and relevance then Gaga will be ahead of both Taylor and Adele. What’s your criteria?

Mostly according to how well the last projects of these stars did + recurrent streaming numbers. I think it's a good measure of how popular they still are. Adele smashed with every release and will smash with this one too most likely. Taylor still pulls great longevity and sales with her most recent albums + has great streaming numbers. Then we have Rih with superb streaming numbers despite not releasing in years and GP hype for her next release. Then Gaga who has declined in popularity (music consumption wise) sans ASIB soundtrack but still pulls solid streaming numbers + great debut numbers. The others are doing meh. Katy is doing the worse out of them but has the stronger catalogue.

Edited by GucciOreos

A Popster Is Born 13,485
On 11/19/2021 at 4:50 PM, GucciOreos said:

Mostly according to how well the last projects of these stars did + recurrent streaming numbers. I think it's a good measure of how popular they still are. Adele smashed with every release and will smash with this one too most likely. Taylor still pulls great longevity and sales with her most recent albums + has great streaming numbers. Then we have Rih with superb streaming numbers despite not releasing in years and GP hype for her next release. Then Gaga who has declined in popularity (music consumption wise) sans ASIB soundtrack but still pulls solid streaming numbers + great debut numbers. The others are doing meh. 

So you’re ranking them according to sales and streams, then it’s okay. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 45,020
On 11/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, Adarsh said:

So you’re ranking them according to sales and streams, then it’s okay. 

Yes exactly. Gaga's star power to the GP gains due to the fact that she's also seen as a serious actress, this will be accentuated with HoG I believe. It's all really unpredictable but it might end up giving Gaga the edge, even in music and definitely in star-power, among her peers.

A Popster Is Born 13,485
On 11/19/2021 at 4:58 PM, GucciOreos said:

Yes exactly. Gaga's star power to the GP gains due to the fact that she's also seen as a serious actress, this will be accentuated with HoG I believe. It's all really unpredictable but it might end up giving Gaga the edge, even in music and definitely in star-power, among her peers.

I mean to be honest Gaga doesn’t even need to do anything to prove her star power. She can just step out of her hotel room and that will generate more headlines than most artists’ actual projects. 

Popster for Sale 45,020
On 11/19/2021 at 11:34 AM, Adarsh said:

I mean to be honest Gaga doesn’t even need to do anything to prove her star power. She can just step out of her hotel room and that will generate more headlines than most artists’ actual projects. 

Yeah her star power is not debatable at this point. Even Ridley Scott is aware given how center-piece Gaga has been in anything HoG promo related.

Edited by GucciOreos
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,944
On 11/19/2021 at 1:20 PM, Adarsh said:

@ViviLittleMhow do we check the box office predictions? Do you have any knowledge?

On 11/19/2021 at 1:25 PM, Paradise is in my hands said:

• paws up 1