Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 27,300
On 11/18/2021 at 5:16 PM, LGMonster95 said:

I don't take it seriously, but they are not entirely useless, I mean a lot of them started to nominate Gaga for BA when the screenings started happening for example, which means that they think her performance is worthy (at least that's how I take it)

It's good to see possibly nominees but not winners :prideheart:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,425
On 11/18/2021 at 8:49 PM, joesuda said:

Didn't Adele have some troubles with vinyl completion or am I misremembering something. If no, then her vinyl sales are gonna be humongous. 

It was actually quite the opposite, vinyls were pressed in a lot of months in advance and she actually hired the factories for a long time which caused problems to other artists who struggled to find a plant to press their albums :icant:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,611
On 11/18/2021 at 9:07 PM, LGMonster95 said:

Gaga is actually the 2nd when it comes to expert votes (and the movie is not even released yet). Also don't look too much into it, I still remember back in 2019 when Glenn Close literally had every single expert critic voting for her to win and she still lost :dead:

As many say, when someone is a frontrunner from the very beginning of the race they're less likely to actually win :receipts:

Moderator 17,146
On 11/18/2021 at 8:58 PM, Delusional said:

‘Can I Get It’ on 30 is ATROCIOUS. Sounds like an Ed Sheeran reject. :rip:

It's not atrocious, sounds better than anything on equals, but the drop is definitely weird :icant:

A Popster Is Born 13,485
On 11/19/2021 at 1:47 AM, BenG said:

There’s also the whole momentum thing during awards season. Kristen Stewart should be a shoe-in for the BAFTA.

So far the experts are saying quite the opposite. Spencer reduces Princess Diana to a mentally ill, ghastly figure who is dealing with eating disorders, while also showing the Queen in a negative light. Almost all predictions I’ve read have said that the BAFTAs will not warm up to Kristen. However, she will definitely win the Critics Choice award.

Edited by Adarsh
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 13,485
On 11/19/2021 at 2:31 AM, DonnieDarko said:

What do we think about her approach @Adarsh?

I- :icant:

I mean she’s not exactly respected by Hollywood in the first place so I don’t know if this attitude is going to help. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,300
On 11/18/2021 at 6:01 PM, DonnieDarko said:

What do we think about her approach @Adarsh?

This reminds me of Madonna (when Evita) and then Oscars did not even nominate her :dead:

• paws up 1

On 11/19/2021 at 4:15 AM, emig_09 said:

Don't take Golden Globes seriously since they're almost cancelled

Yeah but they’re the first major award show which helps adds on to the conversation I guess

A Popster Is Born 13,485
On 11/19/2021 at 2:53 AM, Aloe said:

Yeah but they’re the first major award show which helps adds on to the conversation I guess

Yeah it definitely helps. Gaga can easily win if they submit in the comedy category.