Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

Popster for Sale 41,791
On 11/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

We should stop being insecure about Katy in general. The Cure > Katy's entire discography and that's just facts :lesson:

La vie en rose :applause:

• thanks 1

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 11/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

We should stop being insecure about Katy in general. The Cure > Katy's entire discography and that's just facts :lesson:

she just released a new single that 'IGAKOY; out-srreamed first 4 days, and they took 'harlyes in hawaii' OFF 'hot hits india' and replaced it with her new single...

so now HiH will probably take a fall in streams despite them using this to say she was stomping on Gagita hihi

200.gif

• yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 17,112
On 11/2/2021 at 3:39 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

You mean ARTPOP, TFM and Chromatica are all better than Katy's entire discography. :carly_bye:

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,370
On 11/2/2021 at 3:31 PM, BenG said:

Global excl. US: CTTR > MR

Hmmmmm Idk if I agree. CTTR was much bigger during its first months than MR was, thats for certain, but I feel like MR kinda became a classic (ASIB helping the song's popularity retroactively, MR being performed on every singing competition, etc) while CTTR is completely forgotten

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 18,409

Lead single “Bad Habits” is a Bronski Beat ripoff that’s all late nights, neon lights, and empty conversations. As suggested by an ominous synth line and a vampiric music video, the whole thing is meant to be a little spooky, a little edgy. But despite Sheeran’s fangs, “Bad Habits” has zero bite. It’s the same deal with “Shivers,” an unfortunately catchy song about dancing “’til the sunlight cracks” and not much more.

Oh my. 

• lol 2

Popster for Sale 44,660
On 11/2/2021 at 2:52 PM, Andreu said:

Hmmmmm Idk if I agree. CTTR was much bigger during its first months than MR was, thats for certain, but I feel like MR kinda became a classic (ASIB helping the song's popularity retroactively, MR being performed on every singing competition, etc) while CTTR is completely forgotten

Exactly, MR will stand the test of time 

Pop-a-911-ster 30,370
On 11/2/2021 at 3:54 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Lead single “Bad Habits” is a Bronski Beat ripoff that’s all late nights, neon lights, and empty conversations. As suggested by an ominous synth line and a vampiric music video, the whole thing is meant to be a little spooky, a little edgy. But despite Sheeran’s fangs, “Bad Habits” has zero bite. It’s the same deal with “Shivers,” an unfortunately catchy song about dancing “’til the sunlight cracks” and not much more.

Oh my. 

I wanted to give this album a try since I enjoyed many songs off Divide (don't @ me), but it looks so uninteresting I haven't managed to force myself to give it a try yet :disappointed: 

Both singles were meh, not terrible but decent at best and everyone is saying the rest isnt any better

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,660
On 11/2/2021 at 2:54 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Oh my. 

The new Bad Romance indeed!

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

On 11/2/2021 at 10:54 AM, Andreu said:

The way Katy was nice enough to release a cover so we can have another Katy vs Gaga moment and compare whose october-released covers tank the hardest :applause:

Liddos vs kats in 2021

tank GIF

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,924
x3
On 11/2/2021 at 3:54 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Oh my. 

Just like Bad Romance, Bad Habits is ahead of it's time and people aren't ready yet to recognise this piece of art. Unfortunately

• lol 2

Popster for Sale 44,660
On 11/2/2021 at 3:24 PM, little legend said:

Just like Bad Romance, Bad Habits is ahead of it's time and people aren't ready yet to recognise this piece of art. Unfortunately

I think people - both the GP and critics - immediately appreciated the masterpiece that Bad Romance is :giveup:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 11/2/2021 at 11:54 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Oh my. 

A 3.6 OMG :icant:

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 11/2/2021 at 4:24 PM, little legend said:

Well, Bad Romance received widespread acclaim from music critics and the audience right from the get go while Bad Habits received lashings from right to left. But don’t mind me, we already know we have different tastes and that is ok.

:prideheart:

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 1