Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 31,826

It frankly looks like an absolute romp, with Lady Gaga proving that A Star Is Born was no fluke

Nonetheless, if audiences will show up for a Lady Gaga vehicle, as long as it looks good, gets decent reviews and promises a certain “cinematic escapism,” well, that’s a net positive. I might even argue that the musician being as *as* Patrizia Reggiani counts as a star+character sell. Assuming the reviews are decent, it does have all five hallmarks (an all-star ensemble, a marquee director, an easy pitch, good reviews and the promise of a good time at the movies) of a pre-Covid “movie movie” success.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2021/10/28/house-of-gucci-trailer-ridley-scott-lady-gaga-adam-driver/?sh=4ba7c4357bc1

I-

Je-

the f-ing slayage 

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,817

Based on the trailer, I would say she did better this time compared to ASIB but will have to see with the actual film. There were some parts in ASIB that were not very good. For example, I personally thought that the opening screaming into the mirror scene was poor and awkward.

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 27,143
On 10/28/2021 at 2:40 PM, BenG said:

Based on the trailer, I would say she did better this time compared to ASIB but will have to see with the actual film. There were some parts in ASIB that were not very good. For example, I personally thought that the opening screaming into the mirror scene was poor and awkward.

same haha

Popster for Sale 41,817

Being angry and fierce has always been her forte. Acting sad is her weakness and if she can deliver a solid emotional scene, she may have good chances for Best Actress. 

Pop-a-911-ster 27,143
On 10/28/2021 at 2:49 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

A nom would be nice but that's the best I'll look forward to as to keep it lowkey. As long as she gets praised for her performance, I'm good

ezgif-6-795e76a962e7.gif

i will be happy with a nod too, it'd be iconic tbh

2 movies leading = 2 nods :dead:

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 691
On 10/28/2021 at 6:40 PM, BenG said:

That entire scene was really badly written, you can tell it was a male writing for a female part. The one misstep for Gaga's character... luckily the rest was gold.

HoG trailer excellent as expected. The finish on it is amazing too, glad they took their time to get it there. Let's see what the press screenings bring!

• paws up 4

Popster for Sale 41,817
On 10/28/2021 at 7:19 PM, Rusty said:

I'd be shocked if it didn't get a costume design nod.

I excluded technical categories for now. Expect a few noms there.