Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

On 10/28/2021 at 3:46 PM, DonnieDarko said:

6 months. I believe she started back in September of 2020. Sis worked hard but liddos still call her lazy. Yikes.

thanks god she didn't say that she prepared her Italian accent since she was 13.

• lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Popster for Sale 41,817
On 10/28/2021 at 3:28 PM, Nemanja said:

thanks god she didn't say that she prepared her Italian accent since she was 13.

She's saving that talking point for Oscar campaign

• lol 3

Moderator 17,126

I think it would be a good strategy for Gaga to not play the beginner role for the press and the Oscar campaign like she did with ASIB. She won acclaim for that role and she won't be taken seriously if she advertises herself as a newbie again. 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,832
On 10/28/2021 at 9:42 PM, DonnieDarko said:

She’s amazing at both and she’s switching between the two quite often. I don’t see a logical reason why she SHOULD abandon her most succesful genre. She can easily stay doing both.

she could but I think there’s more success in the ASIB song route than the chromatica route (yes the movie played a part but still). Hopefully she finds better producers to elevate her next dance album to another height because chromatica had amazing lyrics but the production really was just ok where the general public weren’t that interested in 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 10/28/2021 at 4:43 PM, Aloe said:

she could but I think there’s more success in the ASIB song route than the chromatica route (yes the movie played a part but still). Hopefully she finds better producers to elevate her next dance album to another height because chromatica had amazing lyrics but the production really was just ok where the general public weren’t that interested in 

Chromatica’s production was its strongest point along with the lyrics as confirmed by multiple respected music publications and reviewers. The album’s production is immaculate in most parts.

I also don’t think we should always go by success. She found success in all of the genres she did. Chromatica suffered because she ditched it on the release week and came back to it 4 months later for a week. The album stood no chance. She needs promo. ASIB’s promo was the movie, is the movie. Shallow will never die thanks to it and I strongly believe we can’t compare the soundtrack to any other of her releases.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,737
On 10/28/2021 at 3:42 PM, corvus albus said:

I think it would be a good strategy for Gaga to not play the beginner role for the press and the Oscar campaign like she did with ASIB. She won acclaim for that role and she won't be taken seriously if she advertises herself as a newbie again. 

I agree. I hope she takes some credit and talks more about herself. I don't want another promo cycle of attributing everything to her male co-stars. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

On 10/28/2021 at 10:50 AM, OreosForSale said:

I agree. I hope she takes some credit and talks more about herself. I don't want another promo cycle of attributing everything to her male co-stars. 

She will 100% keep praising Ridley, I'll bet on it :enigma:

• sad 1

ARTPOPster 1,832
On 10/28/2021 at 10:50 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Chromatica’s production was its strongest point along with the lyrics as confirmed by multiple respected music publications and reviewers. The album’s production is immaculate in most parts.

I also don’t think we should always go by success. She found success in all of the genres she did. Chromatica suffered because she ditched it on the release week and came back to it 4 months later for a week. The album stood no chance. She needs promo. ASIB’s promo was the movie, is the movie. Shallow will never die thanks to it and I strongly believe we can’t compare the soundtrack to any other of her releases.

Oh yes I totally overlooked the lack of promo :icant: I guess that’s something we can agree upon that she needs it and she can’t keep doing the established artist promo strategy 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 23,070
On 10/28/2021 at 4:32 PM, OreosForSale said:

12.5M youtube views for the 1st trailer of House of Gucci (11M in this channel and 2.5M on Gaga's).

Let's see how the second one does!

+

3M Universal UK
2.1M Uni Canada
1.3M Mexico
1.2M France
1M Spain, Germany, Australia, Japan

And a bunch of other unofficial uploads, so about 25M with official uploads and 30M with unofficial ones.

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,737
On 10/28/2021 at 4:01 PM, Gypsy Life said:

+

3M Universal UK
2.1M Uni Canada
1.3M Mexico
1.2M France
1M Spain, Germany, Australia, Japan

And a bunch of other unofficial uploads, so about 25M with official uploads and 30M with unofficial ones.

Coming for Katy's last single

Pretty good for her standarts :applause:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,826
On 10/28/2021 at 3:46 PM, corvus albus said:

Maybe on KAOTICA :icant:

But we're on earth hunny :carly_bye:

Yeah so The Fame > Chromatica babe :giveup:

but Chromatica is a good album too but not my fault if it didn’t reach the slayage of The Fame babe :catwalk:

Edited by Miaou

Popster for Sale 41,817
On 10/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, Miaou said:

The Fame < Chromatica

On 10/28/2021 at 4:14 PM, danwasd said:

I’m streaming Jolene :traumatica:

Is it opposite day for some of you or something? :nickiha:

• lol 1