Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 9/13/2021 at 3:15 AM, CHROMATICON said:

Gaga’s team is dumb for things like this and I know you are gonna defend them because you always do but why aren't they more ambitious? They could easily snatch those 50 million streams per year but they won't because it's a "huge song that doesn't need promo anymore". 

That's the only thing I hate about the Haus lately tbh, they don't seem ambitious like they used to but it's probably because Gaga just doesn't want to or care as much anymore which is respectable, it's her career after all but man, she has every possible chance to keep breaking more records and stay way more relevant than she already is and it's quite sad seeing her team not taking advantage of her name. Nowadays promotion doesn't even requiere an artist to exhaust themselves touring, performing everywhere and doing this and that since the Internet does it all, so I don't understand why they don't push her. Gaga needs to do something to shut the industry again. Beyoncé is like 20 years into her solo career and everything she does feels like a momumental pop culture moment. I want that for Gaga's musical career. I know it can happen. 

I say here time and time again that Gaga doesn't get enough promotion (I pretty much said a lot of times that the promo for Chromatica was luckluster) so where do I defend them here? Just because I don't say at least twice a day how much they suck, doesn't mean that I agree with everything they do. I just like to think from other perspectives aswell not only from my own. The reality is that Gaga's main priority is not about charts or breaking records because if that was the reality then we would have known this via her being a lot more mainstream, she would have NEVER missed the opportunity of making Sour Candy for example a single if she was really thinking about the charts, but in my own opinion, this was just her experimenting, trying something new instead of having numbers. Gaga would have pushed her team to be better if she really wanted numbers, charts, records etc. Just because her ambition is not really to be this record breaking goddess or stuff like this doesn't mean she's not f*cking relevant in her own way (I'm just saying, not trying to put words into your mouth). Gaga is at a point in her career where she doesn't really need charts to stay relevant and I know this must be sad for some people around here since people here loves charts and stuff but It's the reality.

• thanks 1

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

On 9/12/2021 at 8:15 PM, CHROMATICON said:

Nowadays promotion doesn't even requiere an artist to exhaust themselves touring, performing everywhere and doing this and that since the Internet does it all, so I don't understand why they don't push her.

I feel like this boils back down to Gaga doesn't want to perform/promote unless it's a live crowd, which as an artist probably makes sense but I just hope she doesn't get stuck in the past as the industry moves on because that's how her relevance will eventually fade. We're lucky enough that she caught up to the streaming era thanks to ASIB, but it can't carry her career for the rest of the 20s.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 9/13/2021 at 3:53 AM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

I feel like this boils back down to Gaga doesn't want to perform/promote unless it's a live crowd, which as an artist probably makes sense but I just hope she doesn't get stuck in the past as the industry moves on because that's how her relevance will eventually fade. We're lucky enough that she caught up to the streaming era thanks to ASIB, but it can't carry her career for the rest of the 20s.

She has performed before just last year without a live crowd and she's doing an online performance just this month so I don't think this is really the problem here. Her not doing more last year had more to do with the world problems/her not having time/moving on from the era because of the plans being ruined

On 9/12/2021 at 9:13 PM, LGMonster95 said:

She has performed before just last year without a live crowd and she's doing an online performance just this month so I don't think this is really the problem here. Her not doing more last year had more to do with the world problems/her not having time/moving on from the era because of the plans being ruined

Yes she did but that's one performance versus how many opportunities she could easily have to do more performances yet passed on them? Her online performance this month is for Tony, clearly a passion project, and only after a few nights of live performances of the same project.

And it kinda sucks that you do see more passion for jazz than her main era but she's the boss and it's her art so 

dean winchester shrug GIF

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 9/13/2021 at 4:18 AM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

Yes she did but that's one performance versus how many opportunities she could easily have to do more performances yet passed on them? Her online performance this month is for Tony, clearly a passion project, and only after a few nights of live performances of the same project.

And it kinda sucks that you do see more passion for jazz than her main era but she's the boss and it's her art so 

dean winchester shrug GIF

What opportunities if she moved on from the era duo to all those things that I said? She could not do the promo that she had planned which probably had to go throughout the entire summer cause then later she had to have time off to work on HoG. And it doesn't matter if this is a passion project, she still decided to do an online performance which means that she could pull one of those for her own music aswell (now she probably has the time for it and doesn't have the whole world against her to ruin her plans). Change the scenario between L4S and Chromatica and we would most likely have a backwards situation. The whole thing was just unfortunate

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,794

Ariana losing everything so far just shows how 2020 was really a "thank you Gaga" moment :icant:

Arianators may be responsible for ROM s big streaming numbers, but Gaga got the awards (Grammy, VMAs, etc)

• yaas, gaga 5

On 9/12/2021 at 9:37 PM, LGMonster95 said:

She could not do the promo that she had planned

Which brings me back to my point that if it weren't to a live crowd, she'd rather not do it. What opportunities? A listening party for one. The one she had to cancel for completely understandable reasons. Not even a recorded message for winning the Grammy? She literally ignored Ariana's celebration online and didn't even mention it. Yes, there was a pandemic, but by early 2021, artists were already setting up YouTube performances, finding innovative ways to continue their eras and promote their songs. Granted, Gaga is a busy woman because of film and her other projects, but there's just no way she couldn't have done anything else. She just didn't want to, and I'm not even judging her for that with my posts.

• paws up 7

On 9/12/2021 at 10:08 PM, Doncho said:

Ariana losing everything so far just shows how 2020 was really a "thank you Gaga" moment :icant:

Arianators may be responsible for ROM s big streaming numbers, but Gaga got the awards (Grammy, VMAs, etc)

positions was a step down from sweetener and thank u, next. I'm glad she proved her haters wrong that she was over, but her concepts, videos and overall sound this era seemed low-effort outside of her singles.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,794
On 9/12/2021 at 11:15 PM, CHROMATICON said:

When are 911 categories being announced? 

Probably towards the end of the show. They usually show all the winners of the technical categories before Video of the Year I think

So in 20 minutes I hope?