Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

On 10/18/2021 at 11:09 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

LFS coming back top 10 iTunes US still #2 on Amazon US without Adele 

Actually #1 since that Beatles pack is also a pre-order :oscar:

Any early predictions for Love 4 Stable week 3?

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 29,027
x3
On 10/18/2021 at 11:43 AM, OreosForSale said:

Easy on Me reminds me of SL in some ways, they are both good songs that were well-received by critics, but not as well received by fans since they sound like a collage of old songs from Gags and Adele, without bringing anything new to the table and with an underwhelming chorus. We all know which one is going to be the biggest hit though :icant:

:whatga: 

So you say that Stupid Love and Easy On Me are on the same level in terms of quality?:icant: 

It's like saying Shallow and Swish Swish are on the same level:icant:

Popster for Sale 45,020
On 10/18/2021 at 10:21 AM, little legend said:

So you say that Stupid Love and Easy On Me are on the same level in terms of quality?:icant: 

No, it's not. Stupid Love is a good dance pop song, Easy on Me is a good pop ballad.

Shallow is an amazing ballad and Swish Swish is an okayish fun pop song. 

Or : Stupid Love = Easy on Me = 7/10

Shallow = 9/10  Swish Swish 6/10

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,995
On 10/18/2021 at 10:21 AM, little legend said:

Lady Capitalism coming to include this shade in the next Maus Labs palette

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 12,846
On 10/18/2021 at 10:27 AM, FRANZGA said:

How many top10 singles for 30?

3-5 no? :enigma:

I think even 25 struggled to get post album ‘chart hits’ (obviously there were singles but they didn’t peak as high everywhere due to streaming era)

I think the big stars go for 2 pre releases then one after based on radio and MV then want the album to sell as a whole. With Adele’s ballads I think they’ll all chart everywhere then whichever takes off will get the push for single 3. Anymore then 3 I’ll be shocked 

Popster for Sale 41,995
On 10/18/2021 at 10:51 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

I think even 25 struggled to get post album ‘chart hits’ (obviously there were singles but they didn’t peak as high everywhere due to streaming era)

I think the big stars go for 2 pre releases then one after based on radio and MV then want the album to sell as a whole. With Adele’s ballads I think they’ll all chart everywhere then whichever takes off will get the push for single 3. Anymore then 3 I’ll be shocked 

25 wasn’t available on streaming until after SML was released as a single, I think. I would say that Adele’s post album singles’ underperformance were more of due to the insanely high album sales. 

A Popster Is Born 12,846
On 10/18/2021 at 10:19 AM, Thrasher said:

Actually #1 since that Beatles pack is also a pre-order :oscar:

Any early predictions for Love 4 Stable week 3?

Last week it looked set to leave top 100 based off RS updates. but then as the way with pure sales, I believe they get reported in stages or sometimes RS/HDD don’t have access to independent retailers until right at the last hour.

So basically first projection/update  doesn’t capture everything. I’ll be surprised if it stays top 100, I can see this mimicking flop albums that last 3/4 weeks until the big CBS concert on Black Friday and Gucci weekend where they can line up cross promotion with discounts.

We know this is N/A on Streaming at least :dead:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,846
On 10/18/2021 at 10:57 AM, BenG said:

25 wasn’t available on streaming until after SML was released as a single, I think. I would say that Adele’s post album singles’ underperformance were more of due to the insanely high album sales. 

Yeah I wasn’t into charts that much back then, so I just saw the peaks and thought it was a bit like what we see now.  I just think 30 will mimick a ‘Sour-like’ shift, where her album destroys charts regardless, then past the first two pre releases they just look at what’s slaying and drop a MV. Personally I think they e done a SL tea where they picked a track for other factors vs. The smash of the album and then single 2 won’t be canalised by EOM.

I just think she should release ‘Love In The Dark’ [Adeles Version] tea? Tea!

A Popster Is Born 16,862
On 10/18/2021 at 8:07 PM, OreosForSale said:

Spotify 17/10/2021

Easy On Me: 10.507.473 (-2.74M) / -~21%

Isnt that great fall for Sunday??

What's SL's percentage? :whatga:

Popster for Sale 45,020
On 10/18/2021 at 1:14 PM, FRANZGA said:

Isnt that great fall for Sunday??

What's SL's percentage? :whatga:

Honestly it doesn't seem that bad percentage wise but I have no references to compare, wait for the actual knowledgeable members to arrive I guess :billie: