Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

Popster for Sale 45,158
On 10/12/2021 at 8:51 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Yeah, Babylon is clearly an amazing song. 

when I heard Chromatica I wasn't feeling it at first, but let me tell you when I heard Babylon I just HAD to get up and dance, been my fave since day 1

and I wasn't even a part of the hype train, based on the snippets thought it sounded like a Rupaul reject, the final production did wonders for it 

• yaas, gaga 1

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Popster for Sale 42,086

The way ROM and SC were guaranteed hits, and they could play around with less conventional singles, yet they chose the supposedly safe but awful Stupid Love :pillow:

• paws up 2
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 42,086
On 10/12/2021 at 8:54 PM, Delusional said:

If it was lead single it would’ve had that same buzz/controversy BTW had due to sounding similar to Madonna’s Express Yourself, however in Babylon’s case everyone would be comparing it to Vogue obviously. I think it would’ve debuted #1 tbh

Release some extended choir versions, the HL version, David Bowie version, Bree remix etc. 

Bobé :dean_scream:

Popster for Sale 45,158
On 10/12/2021 at 8:53 PM, BenG said:

The way ROM and SC were guaranteed hits, and they could play around with less conventional singles, yet they chose the supposedly safe but awful Stupid Love :pillow:

Yes. I like SL but it was a bland choice, the leaker must have been a madonna stan, this era is filled with wasted potential. Let's not think about it too much. :bradley:

Popster for Sale 45,158
On 10/12/2021 at 8:56 PM, Delusional said:

This isn’t a new take however I see why they released SL as lead single but at the same time it’s like… why? Why Stupid Love? Jesus. The self sabotage :rip:

I think the song is super fun but it really was nothing new :rip: + the fact the hype for it was dead because it leaked a month prior + let's not even mention the MV

I hope we have a better next era, god 

Edited by OreosForSale

Pop-a-911-ster 30,442
On 10/12/2021 at 9:56 PM, Delusional said:

This isn’t a new take however I see why they released SL as lead single but at the same time it’s like… why? Why Stupid Love? Jesus. The self sabotage :rip:

Planning it as a lead was a stupid move in the first place but i don't get why they keept it even when it had been leaked for like 2months :dean_scream: it could have been a cute promo single with the dance video before the album release but not her comeback single to dance music and crazy mvs :cry:

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 45,158
On 10/12/2021 at 8:58 PM, Delusional said:

Omg the way I already know LG7 will be another 2 single era where the second single has 1 promo spot and the lead is paid dust :banana:

Ollie London Ollie London Its Trew GIF - Ollie London Ollie London Its Trew Nawr  Its Trew Its Trew - Discover & Share GIFs

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst | Best quotes, Happy quotes  inspirational, Leadership quotes

Edited by OreosForSale
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 11,955
On 10/12/2021 at 4:51 PM, artgagapop said:

unpopular opinion, 911 is one of the worst songs on chromatica and didn't deserve a video :cm:
The video we got was cute though 

Tea! It was one of my least favorites when Chromatica came out. Just feels kinda dated. The video is amazing though, and it made me like the song more

Popster for Sale 42,086
On 10/12/2021 at 9:00 PM, Doncho said:

Tea! It was one of my least favorites when Chromatica came out. Just feels kinda dated. The video is amazing though, and it made me like the song more

Same here

On 10/12/2021 at 9:58 PM, Delusional said:

Omg the way I already know LG7 will be another 2 single era where the second single has 362626 promo spots and the lead is paid dust :banana:

This is very optimistic of you. I expect 1 week of social media posts for the lead along with a pop rising playlist placement max, then back to promoting what ever brand she is promoting when LG7 comes  :katy:

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 45,158
On 10/12/2021 at 9:02 PM, artgagapop said:

This is very optimistic of you. I expect 1 week of social media posts for the lead along with a pop rising playlist placement max, then back to promoting what ever brand she is promoting when LG7 comes  :katy:

at this point just uttering the word LG7 alone is optimistic :mess:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 45,158
On 10/12/2021 at 9:02 PM, Delusional said:

I really really wonder what other songs were considered for lead 

Were other songs even ever in consideration? 

I remember rumours about it being Fun Tonight :mess:

• sad 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 45,158
On 10/12/2021 at 9:03 PM, Delusional said:

Now sis… wasn’t ROM one of the most playlisted songs ever on Spotify upon release :bebe: I don’t think we need to worry about playlisting for LG7

like your fave once said

never say never 

• lol 2