Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Popster for Sale 45,188
On 10/12/2021 at 6:52 PM, BenG said:

Wasn't Mariah the same back in the day? That's how she racked up so many #1's.

Too bad our fave is so disconnected from charts thinking BTW went #1 this year :icant:

I wonder if they told her L4S debuted at #1 omitting the fact they were talking about the jazz charts

• lol 4

Moderator 17,150
On 10/12/2021 at 7:52 PM, BenG said:

Wasn't Mariah the same back in the day? That's how she racked up so many #1's.

Remember Loverboy, her OST single from her own movie Glitter? She sold CDs for 49c just to have it stuck at #2. Before the release of the CDs the song didn't even make the top 50.

Popster for Sale 45,188
On 10/12/2021 at 6:54 PM, PanPikus said:

When fans are obsessed with charts and popularity of their fave it's alright, but when actual artist cares that much and shows it, it's Well, worrying :awkney:

I'd say it's less worrying to care deeply about your own success than about some rich person you've never met sucess :katy: Let's not judge

Popster for Sale 42,118
On 10/12/2021 at 6:54 PM, corvus albus said:

Remember Loverboy, her OST single from her own movie Glitter? She sold CDs for 49c just to have it stuck at #2. Before the release of the CDs the song didn't even make the top 50.

We stan a chart success-hungry Queen :applause:

Pop-a-911-ster 27,367
On 10/12/2021 at 2:56 PM, BenG said:

Tbh I'd do tricks to go #1 as well :icant:

Music AND the bling :nickiha:

as Katy Perry in the mid '10s? where is she now? :icant:

A Popster Is Born 12,886
On 10/12/2021 at 6:56 PM, Doncho said:

If only Gaga had 5% of that chart obsession that Ed has :bebe:

Yes... shes happy going to let her 'eight studio album' as she put it go -OUT everywhere on 2nd week after using her twitter like an amazon specials page for the first week :dead: Ed could never!

• sad 1
  • lol 2

Popster for Sale 45,188
On 10/12/2021 at 6:58 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Yes... shes happy going to let her 'eight studio album' as she put it go -OUT everywhere on 2nd week after using her twitter like an amazon specials page for the first week :dead: Ed could never!

Exactly. We're doomed chart-wise if it's up to her. :billie: I bet it's a healthier mentality for her to have though, I understand. 

Popster for Sale 42,118
On 10/12/2021 at 6:57 PM, emig_09 said:

as Katy Perry in the mid '10s? where is she now? :icant:

Enjoying millions of dollars sitting at home. She'd be poorer without doing tricks and the resulting commercial success, so it's good she did them.

• paws up 1

On 10/12/2021 at 3:35 AM, Zak said:

because Brittany has been over since 2004, while GodGa is still getting #1s. I also believe Ms,brittany isn't capable of writing camping an album at the moment. That's why they hide behind relevant artists to shade GodGa

Britney was getting #1 solo hits 13 years into her career something fad can’t relate 😬