Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

On 10/5/2021 at 11:13 PM, Hags Labs said:

Her team really thought the core of her fanbase would support LFS after not giving us a pop era with Chromatica after half a decade of waiting for her pop dance return yeah I’m HAPPY…

When it debuts at #11 

tiffany pollard GIF

this, maybe if she had acted like she cares about her fans and her solo music career since 2017 we might have been fighting for the #1 instead of hoping for it to make the top 10 :darkmode:

• thanks 3

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 10/5/2021 at 4:13 PM, Hags Labs said:

Her team really thought the core of her fanbase would support LFS after not giving us a pop era with Chromatica after half a decade of waiting for her pop dance return yeah I’m HAPPY…

When it debuts at #11 

tiffany pollard GIF

The fact that Chromatica will be her last pop dance album and it turned out the way it did...

Maybe we should star preparing ourselves for her next few eras to perform like LFS... :gaga-scream:

Edited by ConnorFilm

On 10/5/2021 at 6:15 PM, artgagapop said:

this, maybe if she had acted like she cares about her fans and her solo music career since 2017 we might have been fighting for the #1 instead of hoping for it to make the top 10 :darkmode:

Exactly. We’ve tried so many times to revive the era on our own last year that it was just plain unfair that she and her team would let it die. Also let’s not forget how they would tease us about “the journey continues” just for us to get NOTHING. 

As contemporary lyricist and icon Katy Perry said “Karma is not a liar, she keeps receipts”

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 6:17 PM, ConnorFilm said:

The fact that Chromatica will be her last pop dance album and it turned out the way it did...

Maybe we should star preparing ourselves for her next few eras to perform like LFS... :gaga-scream:

At this point they should just give the fans what we want (we don’t ask for much we just want content, singles and proper promo rollout) lol the bare minimum and yet they still can’t deliver 

• thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 11:20 PM, Hags Labs said:

Exactly. We’ve tried so many times to revive the era on our own last year that it was just plain unfair that she and her team would let it die. Also let’s not forget how they would tease us about “the journey continues” just for us to get NOTHING. 

As contemporary lyricist and icon Katy Perry said “Karma is not a liar, she keeps receipts”

the fact that even finally when they tried to do something with the Remix album, she only acted like she cared about it for 1 day, then back to nothing. They could atleast have gave us an final video for the era along with the remix album or a live streamed chromatica live performance studio set but i guess that was to much after a full year of nothing :mess:

Edited by artgagapop
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 10/5/2021 at 4:26 PM, JameLM said:

Gaga still has good sales potential, just think of DOC, a remix album of songs over a year old. L4s is simply not an easily salable product in 2021.

That's the thing, though. Selling a jazz album to the general public is extremely hard, harder than it was in 2014. Why her and her team didn't have solid promo planned for this week beats me. And don't get me started on why they picked this week, too. The competition with Drake, Meek, Taylor and more is ridiculous. 

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,487

I still think there's a chance HDD is lowballing her, but they have the right analytics and data at their disposal. I'm confident she'll make the top 10 (#9 or #10). I mean, her team is obviously pushing digital copies and extra covers to ensure it doesn't hit that messy #11. 

Popster for Sale 57,185
On 10/5/2021 at 11:28 PM, ConnorFilm said:

That's the thing, though. Selling a jazz album to the general public is extremely hard, harder than it was in 2014. Why her and her team didn't have solid promo planned for this week beats me. And don't get me started on why they picked this week, too. The competition with Drake, Meek, Taylor and more is ridiculous. 

The date for L4S was announced before Taylor’s vinyl date was changed tho, before Drake announced physicals and before Meek Mill announced album

Tho HDD predicts only 2k pure for Drake so I guess he didn’t actually drop the CD on stores now

• yaas, gaga 1

On 10/5/2021 at 11:34 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I still think there's a chance HDD is lowballing her, but they have the right analytics and data at their disposal. I'm confident she'll make the top 10 (#9 or #10). I mean, her team is obviously pushing digital copies and extra covers to ensure it doesn't hit that messy #11. 

Second week drop will be brutal without extra covers and signed  copies

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 900
On 10/5/2021 at 5:28 PM, FRANZGA said:

The ATRL Threads will be messy :mess:

Messier if she gets kicked out of the top10 :mess:

Respectfully, little monsters kind of deserve some lashings on how hard they went after Beyonce and The Gift.

Side projects usually dont sell all that well, especially non-pop ones.

Edited by Ethel
  • paws up 3

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 10/5/2021 at 4:45 PM, Nemanja said:

Second week drop will be brutal without extra covers and signed  copies

Oh, this is going to pull a SMILE and disappear from the top 50 next week. 10-OUT teas.