Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 10/3/2021 at 3:18 PM, ChromaticaOreos said:

I think people here had very unrealistic expectations, the possibility of the album going #1 considering the way her posts on social media about it bombed everytime, seemed really farfetched to me. I personally don't care a lot about how this project does, I think we have better things looking forward. Just psyched for the interviews and performances. 

I mean I'm happy in the end with the album, I do enjoy some of the songs from it but this project was never suppose to be the "bigger fish" like with HoG, in the end we'll get a grammy out from it and the honor of Gaga being in the last album of Tony Bennett

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,457
On 10/3/2021 at 8:23 AM, BenG said:

The way I braced myself for the lashings by previously posting that I don’t see L4S crossing 100k :mess:

It's the "y'all always underestimate Gaga" posts after I say I don't expect a #1 for me :mess:

Pop-a-911-ster 26,457
On 10/3/2021 at 8:28 AM, BenG said:

Interscope will probably think twice now to greenlight a Christmas album in the near future. 

And that genuinely makes me sad. Gaga's voice on Jazz is perfect for holiday season, and a real jingle would have been fun. I guess I'll have to just loop Christmas Tree.mp3 :darkmode:

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 10/3/2021 at 2:28 PM, BenG said:

Interscope will probably think twice now to greenlight a Christmas album in the near future. 

Jazz Christmas album? What makes u think they even considered approving that. C2C and L4S only happened cause they didn't take slots from her albums contract since it was primarily Colombia release. 

Popster for Sale 41,718
On 10/3/2021 at 1:30 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

And that genuinely makes me sad. Gaga's voice on Jazz is perfect for holiday season, and a real jingle would have been fun. I guess I'll have to just loop Christmas Tree.mp3 :darkmode:

Didn’t know Christmas Tree is classified as Jazz

Pop-a-911-ster 26,457
On 10/3/2021 at 8:32 AM, BenG said:

Didn’t know Christmas Tree is classified as Jazz

It's a Christmas Song. The f- did I say it's Jazz lmao. You said Christmas album, not Christmas Jazz album :icant:

Popster for Sale 41,718
On 10/3/2021 at 1:33 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

It's a Christmas Song. The f- did I say it's Jazz lmao. You said Christmas album, not Christmas Jazz album :icant:

You said “Gaga's voice on Jazz is perfect for holiday season” before Christmas Tree part :icant:

Pop-a-911-ster 26,457
On 10/3/2021 at 8:34 AM, BenG said:

You said “Gaga's voice on Jazz is perfect for holiday season” before Christmas Tree part :icant:

1. Yes

2. You said it might not push through

3. Hence, no Christmas album for Gaga

So what do I play from Gaga that's for Christmas? Christmas Tree. :ohhh:

• lol 2

Moderator 17,097
On 10/3/2021 at 2:23 PM, Miaou said:

The fact that the last time GodGa served longevity if we exclude ASIB it was TFM’s era :rip: 

BTW held on for an entire year in most regions, which is already a huge pop era. I think BTW had enough longevity (just so we can push the narrative a bit more to the present)

• paws up 1