Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

On 9/29/2021 at 1:47 PM, ViviLittleM said:

i manifested this, i saw ME! had gone silver and thought ROM needs to go gold and be on the YEC too now. Only billie is the other western female artist to do the same in 2020, and that was with Bad Guy.

floptinaisapig.thumb.png.5fd7eee4bac0f1b

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Popster to Popster 4,833

If Love For Sale does more than 100k on its debut then It's high enough for us to be kinda proud about it and not feeling down because it wont get to #1. Remember, we're talking about a jazz album full with covers in 2021, there are pop albums that Love For Sale would probably outdo.

• thanks 1

On 9/29/2021 at 5:54 AM, Established Legend said:

My local radio station insist to play Stupid Love on a daily basis. 

What's wrong with them?:uhh: 

Reveal hidden contents

But it is so nice to hear a Gaga song on the radio:oscar:

On 9/29/2021 at 6:18 AM, Established Legend said:

Overall it's not bad , it's bad for Gaga's standards:excuseme:

A mixed review, but refreshing nonetheless instead of serving SLant all the time :icant:

• lol 2

The Fame Popster 388
On 9/29/2021 at 9:30 AM, LGMonster95 said:

If Love For Sale does more than 100k on its debut then It's high enough for us to be kinda proud about it and not feeling down because it wont get to #1. Remember, we're talking about a jazz album full with covers in 2021, there are pop albums that Love For Sale would probably outdo.

pessimistic.
  • lol 1

On 9/29/2021 at 7:47 AM, BenG said:

No Time to Die film getting critical acclaim. Billie's even closer to winning her Oscar now.

Maybe I sound bitter but I really hate how Billie is poised to secure her Oscar almost effortlessly. Even Gaga had to try a couple times and had to perform for the Oscars to get the Academy to warm up to her. I just don't feel like Billie has proven enough to be equated to Gaga. Maybe I should just keep in mind Juicy J has an Oscar :bradley:

On 9/29/2021 at 8:13 AM, Andreu said:

i think this is out of reach unfortunately /:

hopefully Adele does release her album so we don't have to worry anymore and we have the most solid excuse to miss #1 of all time :icant:

Chromatica hitting #1 with dead promo and L4S missing top 3 with all these promo is so karmically ironic :dean_scream:

On 9/29/2021 at 8:23 AM, zoldyck said:

missing top 3 or even top 5

You missed the opportunity to use the :more likely than not top 5" phrase there :tiredaf:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

On 9/29/2021 at 3:35 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

Maybe I sound bitter but I really hate how Billie is poised to secure her Oscar almost effortlessly. Even Gaga had to try a couple times and had to perform for the Oscars to get the Academy to warm up to her. I just don't feel like Billie has proven enough to be equated to Gaga. Maybe I should just keep in mind Juicy J has an Oscar :bradley:

I think when it comes to the Oscars it's more about the movie the song is attached to rather than the artists themselves (as you said, Juicy J won the Oscar too).

Besides that, Gaga is definitely more respected since she's now part of the Academy.

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 14,790
On 9/29/2021 at 3:41 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

da9e40cf3d9a58d44536c6d25fdbfbd7.jpg

wouldn't mind touching his b–i'll stop it there before Dumbledore enters the thread, I fear :arguega: