Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 30,431

Kinda bummed that I missed one of the most exciting days on the forum, because this week is being a nightmare when it comes to my workload and I finally went to see HoG :darkmode: 

Spoiler

I will write about that later

Spoiler

maybe

Spoiler

but first I wanted to discuss charts hehe

Regarding people being mad at SL being the song chosen... uhm, what song did you want them to put? the Plastic Doll remix? She has not released any singles this year so they logically picked her last solo hit which, regardless of if you like it or not, it is SL.

On 12/1/2021 at 3:35 PM, FRANZGA said:

Looks like Benito Antonio Martinez aka Bad Bunny aka El Conejo Malo really is the music industry wow :applause: but the bitter fwords who try to excuse their dislike for anything thats not anglophone music told me last year she was only #1 because she released 3 albums within a year (so why is Taylor Swift #2 this year then :bigbird:) but well, he did THAT

#1 most streamed artist in the world only releasing one new single, about 4 collabs and a couple remixes wow

On 12/1/2021 at 3:27 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

Cardi at #21 though, wasn't she smashing? Or was that 2020?

Extremely LOCAL I fear (not even a pun)

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,431
On 12/1/2021 at 6:28 PM, Ms I am a local said:

GUYSSS! IT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN!! I'M NERVOUS! I hace to say, the room, is quite empty today (there is a discount today on Spanish's cinemas)

that's why i went today as well :icant: literally half the price than seeing it on the weekend, in the cinema I went to.

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,431

For some reason, in my HoG screening (which was in english), 90% of the audience was old people (but did they buy LFS :ohhh:) and they kept on laughing constantly in the movies and most of the time I literally did not see what was there to laugh about. Did this happen where you guys were as well or? :dead:

these are my thoughts on the movie, there aren't spoilers but I decided to hide it as well in case someone didn't want to get influenced by each other's opinions

Spoiler

First of all, I need to say I am not a cinephile by any means, and the thought of being still for almost 3 hours watching a movie kinda bores me but obviously I had to do it for Gagsus :legend: :talent: I would lie if I said the movie didn't feel long for me, it definitely did, but not as much as I thought it would. I mean, at the end of the day it objectively is a long movie. But i was not really bored at any point of if.

I am biased, but I do feel like the best part of it was Gaga's performance. It indeed was the cast member that shined the most, like most reviews did. Something that I don't agree with these reviews, is that I didn't like Paolo's character at all, the way they present it to be so dumb and childing while looking so old... idk idk idk it made me feel unconfortable at some point. But I guess this does not have to do with Jared Leto's portrayal, I just didn't like the character at all so it would have been hard for me to enjoy the acting performance.

I agree with what many people here said, that it felt like scenes at the beginnig were jumping from one onto the next one too quick, but I think the movie was kinda already at the limit of its length so idk how could have they solved that.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 45,023
On 12/1/2021 at 9:23 PM, Andreu said:

For some reason, in my HoG screening (which was in english), 90% of the audience was old people (but did they buy LFS :ohhh:and they kept on laughing constantly in the movies and most of the time I literally did not see what was there to laugh about. Did this happen where you guys were as well or? :dead:

these are my thoughts on the movie, there aren't spoilers but I decided to hide it as well in case someone didn't want to get influenced by each other's opinions

Reveal hidden contents

First of all, I need to say I am not a cinephile by any means, and the thought of being still for almost 3 hours watching a movie kinda bores me but obviously I had to do it for Gagsus :legend: :talent: I would lie if I said the movie didn't feel long for me, it definitely did, but not as much as I thought it would. I mean, at the end of the day it objectively is a long movie. But i was not really bored at any point of if.

I am biased, but I do feel like the best part of it was Gaga's performance. It indeed was the cast member that shined the most, like most reviews did. Something that I don't agree with these reviews, is that I didn't like Paolo's character at all, the way they present it to be so dumb and childing while looking so old... idk idk idk it made me feel unconfortable at some point. But I guess this does not have to do with Jared Leto's portrayal, I just didn't like the character at all so it would have been hard for me to enjoy the acting performance.

I agree with what many people here said, that it felt like scenes at the beginnig were jumping from one onto the next one too quick, but I think the movie was kinda already at the limit of its length so idk how could have they solved that.

The way I had a reverse Andreu expedience :bigbird:

there were so many lines/scenes that felt funny to me but no one else seemed to laugh 

• paws up 2