Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Popster for Sale 41,995
On 11/23/2021 at 7:17 PM, PanPikus said:

Adele might be a serious competition tbh. 

She’s not very theatrical. Her best shot at a Tony is composing, which I don’t see happening. 

Edited by BenG

Pop-a-911-ster 39,587

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2021/film/box-office/box-office-house-of-gucci-encanto-opening-estimates-1235118059/amp/

“Capturing a different, slightly more dysfunctional kind of family affair, “House of Gucci” is projected to make $17 million to $20 million between Wednesday and Sunday. It may be a close race, though “Gucci” should pull ahead of “Resident Evil,” which is targeting a debut around $15 million to $17 million over the extended holiday frame. Sony is predicting a smaller five-day start, closer to $10 million.

Directed by Ridley Scott, “House of Gucci” dramatizes the downfall of the family behind the luxurious fashion empire. The R-rated movie has gotten mixed feedback (68% on Rotten Tomatoes), but Gaga has gotten almost unanimous praise for her performance as Patrizia Reggiani, the wife of Maurizio Gucci (Driver), an over-the-top portrayal that could land the pop star a second acting Oscar nomination. Along with Gaga and Driver, the A-list cast includes Jared Leto, Salma Hayek and Al Pacino. The lavishly executed film cost $75 million to produce.”

My fiancé is really into movie grosses and this is what he said about thanksgiving weekend numbers - “ Good but not great, it seems like encanto isn’t making much either so I wouldn't be too concerned. I think with this thanksgiving there are more people traveling to make up for last year. I would hope this movie has some legs and does the same next weekend”

Take that for what you will! 

• paws up 3

The Fame Popster 428
On 11/23/2021 at 2:17 PM, PanPikus said:

What is the date for documentary and MTV:U? I forgot. 

No dates yet, but an article in the fall about their deal with Viacom said winter 2021 for MTV and early next year for the doc. Grammy voting runs from December 5 to January 6, so hopefully they time it just right!

L4S is the only AOTY nom w a Best Eng. nod as well, if we take a look back at recent years;

2018: 24K Magic wins Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical, wins AOTY too

2019: Beck wins Best Engineered Album, no AOTY nom for him

2020: WWAFAWDWG? wins Best Eng. Album, wins AOTY too

2021: Beck wins Best Eng. Album, no AOTY nom for him

2022: ??

note: 24k Magic and WWAFAWDWG? were also the only AOTY nominees to be nominated for Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical too

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,611
On 11/23/2021 at 8:22 PM, BenG said:

She’s not very theatrical. Her best shot at a Tony is composing, which I don’t see happening. 

If she gets an Emmy for one of her specials I think she might get hungry for EGOT, meaning she would have to start composing :oops: