Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

On 11/23/2021 at 7:58 PM, Adarsh said:

Lol what an embarrassing reply. Clearly the academy members do care about the album. You know that this is not fan voted right? 

if this is fan voted she would have 0 nominations, even if only her fans vote :laughga:

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,658

So I just watched a French-belgian Tv interview of Gaga about House of Gucci and she was asked how she will alternate between albums and movies and she said she doesn’t know what will be her next project… LG7 in 2024 confirmed

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,650
On 11/23/2021 at 7:03 PM, ViviLittleM said:

So I just watched a French-belgian Tv interview of Gaga about House of Gucci and she was asked how she will alternate between albums and movies and she said she doesn’t know what will be her next project… LG7 in 2024 confirmed

wbk 

Popstanne 7,573

Notable names among the Grammy Nominations

8 nominations

Justin Bieber (AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Pop/Duo Performance, Best Pop Vocal Album, Best R&B Performance, Best Music Video)

Doja Cat (AOTY (twice)*, ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop/Duo Performance, Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Rap Song)

H.E.R. (AOTY, SOTY, Best R&B Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best R&B Song, Best R&B Album, Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song, Best Song Written For Visual Media)

7 nominations

Billie Eilish (AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Music Video, Best Music Film)

Olivia Rodrigo (AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, Best New Artist, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Music Video)

5 nominations

Lady Gaga/Tony Bennett (AOTY, ROTY, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album, Best Music Video)

Lil Nas X (AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Music Video)

SZA (AOTY*, ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best R&B Song)

Finneas (AOTY (twice), ROTY, SOTY, Best New Artist)

4 nominations

Kanye West (AOTY (twice)*, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Rap Song)

Silk Sonic (ROTY, SOTY, Best R&B Performance, Best R&B Song)

J. Cole (Best Rap Performance, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Rap Song, Best Rap Album)

3 nominations

Ariana Grande (AOTY*, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Pop Vocal Album)

The Weeknd (AOTY (twice**), Best Melodic Rap Performance)

2 nominations

Taylor Swift (AOTY (twice*))

Alicia Keys (SOTY, Best Immersive Audio Album)

Meghan Thee Stallion (AOTY*, Best Rap Performance)

Drake (Best Rap Performance, Best Rap Album)

1 nomination

Selena Gomez (Best Latin Pop or Urban Album)

BTS (Best Pop Duo/Group Performance)

Coldplay (Best Pop Duo/Group Performance)

Ed Sheeran (SOTY)

Cardi B (Best Rap Performance)

Note that for some of the album-specific nominations I believe that merely a feature or a sample counts towards a credited nomination. That's why multiple artists have multiple AOTY nominations. I put an asterisk next to a nomination solely because of a feature/sample. I might be wrong on some of these though, so feedback is appreciated.

Edited by JennyWayne
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 2

Kindness Admin 7,529
On 11/23/2021 at 2:03 PM, ViviLittleM said:

DELETE IT :snake:

A Popster Is Born 18,408
On 11/23/2021 at 8:03 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Yeah, I don’t really see music anytime soon. She’s in her mid 30s, the best roles are in her reach. She can’t and won’t let those years go by without a couple of huge roles. Music will imo have to wait.

A Popster Is Born 11,829
On 11/23/2021 at 4:03 PM, Nemanja said:

if this is fan voted she would have 0 nominations, even if only her fans vote :laughga:

And BTS would be the most nominated artist of every single ceremony :leap:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,650
On 11/23/2021 at 7:06 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Yeah, I don’t really see music anytime soon. She’s in her mid 30s, the best roles are in her reach. She can’t and won’t let those years go by without a couple of huge roles. Music will imo have to wait.

oh god this is depressing 

TopGun song better be real :rip:

• paws up 2
  • love 1