Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 27,133
On 11/22/2021 at 9:09 PM, Ethel said:

Regardless of everything, it seems like Gaga is close to a lock on a best actress nomination.

that's our goal, yas

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 11/23/2021 at 1:44 AM, artgagapop said:

So from the negative reviews it seems  that the cast and especially Gaga is great but the movie is boring :cm:

She should appear in a better movie next time or even better, make her own movie for LG7 :darkmode:

Let's not sh!t on the movie Itself yet. Back in 2018 we had A Star Is Born with a RT score of 90% but it still got less Oscars than Bohemian Rhapsody which had like a 60% RT score and a 49 on metacritic. It's not all about reviews

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 11/23/2021 at 8:44 AM, LGMonster95 said:

Let's not sh!t on the movie Itself yet. Back in 2018 we had A Star Is Born with a RT score of 90% but it still got less Oscars than Bohemian Rhapsody which had like a 60% RT score and a 49 on metacritic. It's not all about reviews

Meaning it needs to SMASH SMASH in Box Office to keep the momentum going.. without it, i say i'm predicting no Oscars nom for them even for Gaga since the BA Race is stacked

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,277
On 11/22/2021 at 8:06 PM, FRANZGA said:

Meaning it needs to SMASH SMASH in Box Office to keep the momentum going.. without it, i say i'm predicting no Oscars nom for them even for Gaga since the BA Race is stacked

I respect your opinion, but disagree. None of those actresses are in movies considered BOX OFFICE SMASHES, quite the opposite actually. And for one example Eyes of Tammy Faye has worst reviews than HOG.  And surely her movie will have the biggest box office of all even if it’s not ASIB massive (which I doubt it will be) 

Gaga MIGHT be the only actress in the race that it featured in a movie nominated for a Best Picture. Also, regardless of reviews of the movie everyone is basically LOVING Gaga and her entire performance so we still have lots of positive to take away.

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 11/23/2021 at 3:06 AM, FRANZGA said:

So far the movie is not doing that bad and if Gaga's performance is that good (which honestly everyone is saying that she is great) then her chances are still pretty good for a nomination especially since her name is pretty big and Oscars also needs that boost in ratings nowadays.

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 11,830
On 11/22/2021 at 10:20 PM, LGMonster95 said:

NOW THAT'S A QUESTION. Where the f*ck is my review? I feel discriminated 

Established movie critic. You dont need RT and MC :arguega:

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,277
On 11/22/2021 at 7:53 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Back up to a 65 (+2) on RT based on 51 reviews

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/house_of_gucci

Still a 60 on MC based on 33 reviews 

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/house-of-gucci/critic-reviews

67 (+2) on RT based on 57 (+2) reviews 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,133
On 11/22/2021 at 11:19 PM, Doncho said:

BTS is announcing some Grammy noms tomorrow. I guess Butter nom confirmed. The way we LOST :bebe:

Imagine Gaga winning over BTS again though. Iconic

If it happens again :icant:

A Popster Is Born 13,397
On 11/23/2021 at 8:04 AM, GuiLM said:

Well, at this point we can only hope that the bad movie reception won’t affect the BA nomination 

It’s not bad, it’s mixed. Most of the top critics have given the movie a good review.