Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

Popster for Sale 44,446
On 11/21/2021 at 8:21 PM, Miaou said:

Imagine thinking INLA is not a power ballad :rip: when she delivers Whitney's vocals :rip:

Not all Whitney songs are power ballads :rip:

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoDisease

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Popster for Sale 44,446
On 11/21/2021 at 8:26 PM, Miaou said:

yeah I know and ? Gaga still delivers Whitney's vocals with INLA ala IWALY :rip:

Not quite the same vocal delivery. INLA is even more restrained than IWALY, and the vocals are less projected outwards. INLA also relies on breathy vocals on the soft parts, mostly because Gaga is a weaker vocalist. Her vocals loses resonance more easily without the required volume. Still works pretty well though, to deliver the emotions.

All in all, INLA and BIC are very different ballads, which was my original point.  

Moderator 4,213
On 11/21/2021 at 10:32 PM, admin said:

WAIT. The default on Spotify was to play albums on shuffle?! That can’t be right. 

It actually was. If you went to an album and clicked on the big green play button, it would automatically shuffle play them, now it plays them in the tracklist order. 

• shook 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 19,795
On 11/21/2021 at 9:43 PM, joesuda said:

It actually was. If you went to an album and clicked on the big green play button, it would automatically shuffle play them, now it plays them in the tracklist order. 

Adele’s power. The true music industry.

• paws up 1

On 11/21/2021 at 3:43 PM, joesuda said:

I'm fairly certain it depended on whether you had shuffle turned on to begin with

confused dean winchester GIF

Pop-a-911-ster 35,035
On 11/21/2021 at 9:36 PM, BenG said:

Not quite the same vocal delivery. INLA is even more restrained than IWALY, and the vocals are less projected outwards. INLA also relies on breathy vocals on the soft parts, mostly because Gaga is a weaker vocalist. Her vocals loses resonance more easily without the required volume. Still works pretty well though, to deliver the emotions.

All in all, INLA and BIC are very different ballads, which was my original point.  

I know too but you were also originally saying INLA wasn't a power ballad when ears facts are saying the contrary :banana: 

I mean what is it then ? A soft ballad ? :toofunny:

Popster for Sale 44,446

Statement re: INLA

Just because I stan Gaga doesn't mean that I blindly love everything that she is in/does. I'm a pretty critical person myself and don't just throw around with my 5/5 reviews that easily not even on her excellent songs/albums. Me giving a 4/5 on a very good song that I actually like is a good thing.

Spoiler

:icant:

• lol 10