Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

Moderator 3,690
On 11/20/2021 at 12:19 PM, Aloe said:

12 tracks compared to Taylor :bradley:but she’s doing better on AM anyway 

To be honest AM is more favourable towards album bombs as there are less curated playlists and automatically generated playlists. An example would be the fact that The 1 stayed at #1 and Cardigan was #2 during Folklores release. 

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 29,027
x3
On 11/20/2021 at 12:30 PM, JennyWayne said:

How did 30 only debut with 60M when EOM alone debuted with 20M :whatga:

She lost her hype with a bad lead single methinks

A suprise release like Folklore would´ve fared better methinks

This shows how important is to have a great lead single. 

I hope Gaga's next album will be a surprise drop. It will break records:oscar:

Also 25 debut was highly influenced by 21 being the biggest album of the century. No matter if 25 was good or not, the lead single and the album would obviously sell well only cause of the hype of 21 alone. But i think that after Hello the next singles were kinda underperformed , so the hype for 30 kinda slowed down.

Edited by little legend
  • paws up 1

On 11/20/2021 at 6:52 PM, joesuda said:

To be honest AM is more favourable towards album bombs as there are less curated playlists and automatically generated playlists. An example would be the fact that The 1 stayed at #1 and Cardigan was #2 during Folklores release. 

So you’re saying ms Adele had no reason to flop like this on Spotify :bradley::gaga-scream:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,613
On 11/20/2021 at 12:39 PM, little legend said:

I hope Gaga's next album will be a surprise drop. It will break records:oscar:

I would love for Gaga to surprise drop ARTPOP Act II during Spring after awards season. 

Make it a 6-8 songs EP with a video for every song. Finally a visual album :oprah:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 45,027

Well, I predicted 70-80M and still :rip:

The songs are not striking, there don't seem to be hits on the album which explains why they chose the underwhelming but at least catchy lead single EOM. A surprise release would have been a much better idea 100%. I was expecting this because there's not that much hype around the release (low youtube views during the first day and I saw no one on social media talking about the album). It might still be a smash due to longevity but it serves EOM well :rip:

Edited by GucciOreos
  • paws up 1

Popster for Sale 45,027
On 11/20/2021 at 12:01 PM, Andreu said:

Since I was told we rank relevance according to the performance of their latest release 

Bad Bunny bigger than Adele :applause:

debut of latest release ≠ performance of latest release or else Chromatica would be bigger than Planet Her :billie:

A Popster Is Born 16,862

at least we're right about our first impressions

looks like a lot got bored :icant:

61M is still MASSIVE for 12tracks but after EOM's debut? it's an UNDERPERFORMANCE :katy:

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,432
On 11/20/2021 at 1:07 PM, GucciOreos said:

Babylonhooker back from the dead to tweet this:

HOG OST 🤫

:icant:

A compilation of 80's hits is nothing something to tease :rip:

these people thrive off negativity 

Is it even going to be an official soundtrack? Because even if they are old songs, we would know anything about it 4 days before the movie comed out

Pop-a-911-ster 30,432
On 11/20/2021 at 1:04 PM, GucciOreos said:

debut of latest release ≠ performance of latest release or else Chromatica would be bigger than Planet Her :billie:

Because it is :applause: Chromatica #1 RoM #1 and where are planet her's #1s :ohhh:

• lol 1