Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Moderator 17,119
On 11/2/2021 at 10:27 AM, Aloe said:

Wait why can’t they TOTC do their own predictions? Why is it legally wrong to post predictions? 

They had an archive about all of Billboard chart history and because that's BBs intellectual property they threatened TOTC. After that, a lot of free ways to get numbers for predictions got shut down and TOTC just gave up.

• shook 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,765
On 11/2/2021 at 11:52 AM, ViviLittleM said:

It’s not even the #1 jazz album anymore ☠️ The way they let it on its own and it’s way worse than for Chromatica what they are doing Chile. Hopefully it’ll re-enter after the special.

I wonder if it’s all part of Booby’s 18 month promo plan 

spacer.png

• lol 5

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
On 11/2/2021 at 10:27 AM, Aloe said:

Wait why can’t they TOTC do their own predictions? Why is it legally wrong to post predictions? 

Because they showed the percentage of each metric for each song so seeing which songs were only staying afloat due to radio payola became public knowledge and BB didnt like that i guess

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
On 11/2/2021 at 11:11 AM, corvus albus said:

@Andreu We'll see if C Tangana gets the same scrutiny as Rosalia now

Definitely not in the Iberian media because thats the difference between being El Madrileño or being La Catalana :darkmode: 

Spoiler

and in latin america he is still irrelevant so if they dont know who he is they cant drag him i guess

Popster for Sale 44,677
On 11/2/2021 at 10:22 AM, Andreu said:

Because they showed the percentage of each metric for each song so seeing which songs were only staying afloat due to radio payola became public knowledge and BB didnt like that i guess

I say Dua is behind all of this :ohhh:

Moderator 17,119
On 11/2/2021 at 11:21 AM, Delusional said:

A HIT :applause:

If Stupid Love had this radio payola it would have definitely stayed 20 weeks on the charts :jailga:

Not even 60M streams on Spotify :jailga:

Who's Laughing Now by Ms Avanator is a bigger hit than that, mostly due to better spent radio payola :icant:

Moderator 17,119
On 11/2/2021 at 11:35 AM, Delusional said:

Normani is still a bigger name with just a few songs out than Ava Max ever will be. 

I'd say that Sweet But Psycho, which even re-entered WW and US Spotify on Halloween, will survive every lead song with Normani.

Also, we all know that radio callouts can be greatly influenced and manipulated.

Now, to Youtube. WLN has 112M views there. Apple Music doesn't even have half of Spotify's subscribers, so Wild Side is probably only at 60M streams there as well, at most.

Nobody has to defend flops. I'm not defending EIC and rationalizing its floppage :delulu_bird:

ARTPOPster 1,829
On 11/1/2021 at 9:06 PM, Aloe said:

Thank you so much.  :gaga-thanks:  I write this song with gaga in mind to get her a number 1 Christmas song. Taking inspiration from  AIWFCIY and the man who sang this boots are made for walking, I formulated a new song called Christmas boots. 

:arguega:every gaga era has the iconic item (barring chromatica which had nothing), her Christmas era could be a pair of red shiny bling boots which is so ugly but she can make it work I guess. So I wrote the lyrics with the visuals in mind. :arguega: Are u a songwriter (in ur mind) too? 

On 11/2/2021 at 6:02 PM, corvus albus said:

People are truly crazy

Wow @Aloe all the more it perpetuates the need to have a good Christmas hit to be relevant every single year without lifting a finger.  :arguega: 
Thank goodness ur hit single for Gaga titled “Christmas Boots” will be the one I foresee to be the lead single because she’s an actress and make up and watch sellers now so she doesn’t have time to write songs.:gaga-scream: 
btw may I add some lyrics to your song as well? I notice it only had the intro and verse 1 and chorus. Lemme add the full song here so everyone can sing along. 

Here it goes:

Intro: I can feel the snowflakes falling/oh why oh why/ maybe it’s the way I’m feeling/ my oh my oh my/

Verse1: Take the red coat and put it on/ wear ur best boots and play a song/ why it’s only natural to be in tune/ to the Christmas classics baby with u

Chorus: So maybe just this moment here/ let’s celebrate and dance and cheer/ baby i wanna spend the night with u/I’ll take this christmas boots to U

Verse2: oh I wake up in the morning/ seeing gifts on my bed/ I think to myself in an instance/ did Santa just came in my bed? 

Chorus: So maybe just this moment here/ let’s celebrate and dance and cheer/ baby i wanna spend the night with u/I’ll take this christmas boots to U

Bridge: oh baby why u leaving?/ I thought we were doing just fine?/ don’t u dare open the door and leave me/ this ain’t the holiday spirit tonight

outro: don’t leave/ don’t leave me/ don’t leave/don’t leave me/ I’ll be taking this Christmas boots/wherever I’ll follow (repeats and fades in the background as she yearns for him but he ain’t interested) 

:oprah:What do u think? :oprah: 

• lol 1