Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

A Popster Is Born 11,752

Its really simple honestly. Fans are here for pop records, not Jazz (It doesnt help that this Jazz album is also the exact same thing she did back in 2014, except less catchy)

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 31,296
On 10/3/2021 at 2:42 PM, corvus albus said:

BTW held on for an entire year in most regions, which is already a huge pop era. I think BTW had enough longevity (just so we can push the narrative a bit more to the present)

Pls 55 weeks in the US after the enormous TF/TFM era was clearly disappointed 

• paws up 1

Moderator 17,056
On 10/3/2021 at 2:43 PM, Miaou said:

Pls 55 weeks in the US after the enormous TF/TFM era was clearly disappointed 

Pls. When we compare BTW to Prism, only in the US Prism did better. Just because the US is homophobic doesn't mean that the album didn't have longevity.

The Fame Popster 458
On 10/3/2021 at 8:42 PM, Doncho said:

Its really simple honestly. Fans are here for pop records, not Jazz (It doesnt help that this Jazz album is also the exact same thing she did back in 2014, except less catchy)

I think the novelty of the album is really interesting. 

It's just that the handling of the album that's horrendous. Like the whole Westfield performance felt uneventful in any way. 

Must be some contract they are obligated to fulfill (again)

But I truly suspect Gaga's team didn't know about the bundling rules by Bilboard. Hence, the lack of promo and things. 

It's okay, at least we know they know this fact when LG7 comes

Edited by gagaxuan

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318
On 10/3/2021 at 2:28 PM, BenG said:

Interscope will probably think twice now to greenlight a Christmas album in the near future. 

Maybe we won then :applause:

Jokes aside, only Gaga could make christmas music thats not corny (or at least, bearable)

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426
On 10/3/2021 at 8:47 AM, Andreu said:

To flop even harder since its a kind of music most of the fanbase wont care for?

Gaga is established and should not interact with fans. She is beyond the charts :lesson:

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 16,277
On 10/3/2021 at 2:49 PM, Andreu said:

Maybe we won then :applause:

Jokes aside, only Gaga could make christmas music thats not corny (or at least, bearable)

Come To Mama would be cute as Christmass song with different lyrics

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 12,762

I appreciate people defending the jazz project's numbers to be fair. I thought we were gonna get ATRL liddo 'this shows her true success lies in a dark pop era with multiple singles performed on jimmy fallon' :laughga:

-
After some research, for the jazz album itself it's actually not a bad first prediction. Tony's 2018 album = 35k, Barbara = 22k The floppiness comes in the fact it's Gaga and shes a big name, but i do also think a lot of fans didn't support the way they could do - Like with Joanne/C2C that isn't their bag either but the first week was a serve.

I just think they now need to push a bit more, two promo spots this week and more discounts/physicals and they can scrape 50k and a  top 10 at least, and then it is what it is.

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318
On 10/3/2021 at 3:08 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

L4S numbers shows her true success lies in a dark pop era with multiple singles performed on SNL :lesson:

On 10/3/2021 at 3:07 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

her true success lies in a dark pop era with multiple singles performed on jimmy fallon'

not these lies... her success lies in collabs and movies :lesson:

• thanks 2
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,326
On 10/3/2021 at 2:58 PM, artgagapop said:

Chromatica is no longer left OUT on the cover for this playlist, we love her again etc :gaycat:

the other one was prettier though

I'm glad the family is together 

• paws up 2