Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 27,621

"Love For Sale" YouTube update (24 hours gain).

• Love For Sale (Videos) - 3.472.834 (+178.222)
  • Love For Sale (Audios) - 767.841 (+56.012)
  • Love For Sale (Auto gen.) - 210.806 (+29.213)

Total - 4.451.481 (+263.447)

Edited by Gagacharts
  • paws up 1
  • lol 2

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

On 10/2/2021 at 6:29 PM, Andreu said:

to the fact a very big portion of her audience is not as enthusiastic with her or satisfied at the moment or whatever you want to call it to support a project they are not actually genuinely interested in. And that maybe she needs to "take better care" of her audience, if she wants her audience to be more supportive of what she does. DoC was a nice step in that direction, but it came and went so fast and it came too late.

And don't come at me with the Gaga doesn't owe us anything argument, because while it is true, it can also be used the other way round. CTC was something new, fresh and surprising, which also helped people be more excited for it, and LFS obviously had a disadvantage there, but that was not the only issue.

THANK YOU for putting this out there. LFS could’ve been a cute project for Gaga to take a break from her pop persona after Chromatica but truth is she LACKED last year and paid Chromatica and the fans DUST. We got zero material from her, one single that wasn’t even exploited enough and half assed projects in between. So ofc after such let down, we wouldn’t show support nor hype about an album full of jazz COVERS ⚰️. I really hope her and her team have finally learned a lesson and start paying attention and *committing* (because they know what we want most of the times) to what the fans want. Just like Taylor does. Simple as that.

• thanks 2

Popster to Popster 4,481
On 10/2/2021 at 11:50 PM, Hags Labs said:

THANK YOU for putting this out there. LFS could’ve been a cute project for Gaga to take a break from her pop persona after Chromatica but truth is she LACKED last year and paid Chromatica and the fans DUST. We got zero material from her, one single that wasn’t even exploited enough and half assed projects in between. So ofc after such let down, we wouldn’t show support nor hype about an album full of jazz COVERS ⚰️. I really hope her and her team have finally learned a lesson and start paying attention and *committing* (because they know what we want most of the times) to what the fans want. Just like Taylor does. Simple as that.

To be fair tho, Chromatica was always going to be a rushed and short era due to HOG filming. However, I get what you’re saying. The album deserved so much more promo and if fans didn’t feel ignored, they’d probably be more willing to give LFS some love ( pun intended). 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

On 10/3/2021 at 1:54 AM, ConnorFilm said:

To be fair tho, Chromatica was always going to be a rushed and short era due to HOG filming. However, I get what you’re saying. The album deserved so much more promo and if fans didn’t feel ignored, they’d probably be more willing to give LFS some love ( pun intended). 

She had plenty of things lined up until covid stroke and that could’ve made up for the rushed era… Sadly we didnt get anything and got an overlasting semi dead era. Completely the opposite. At this point I want the Tour to get cancelled too. Touring for an album that came out TWO years ago with ROM being the only single doesn’t seem right to me nor the gp 

On 10/3/2021 at 1:58 AM, Hags Labs said:

She had plenty of things lined up until covid stroke and that could’ve made up for the rushed era… Sadly we didnt get anything and got an overlasting semi dead era. Completely the opposite. At this point I want the Tour to get cancelled too. Touring for an album that came out TWO years ago with ROM being the only single doesn’t seem right to me nor the gp 

oh and about LFS, let me just say that if we had a Chromatica worth stanning era last year maybe I could’ve given LFS a few streams or even try to get into it. However since she decided to give up on Chromatica I simply decided to not support nor even stream LFS. And I believe most of her core audience did and rightfully so

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 18,362

I’m disappointed yes but I’m def NOT one of those who will say „I’m mad and angry at her, so she won’t get my coins for this jazz era”!!1!1!

:toofunny:

I’m gonna buy the vinyl and have it on repeat in Nov and Dec in our home while drinking tea or wine and having our fireplace warming us.  That’s my approach. 

Popster for Sale 41,575
On 10/3/2021 at 7:37 AM, Delusional said:

when are they delivering a big promo campaign for something because everything else has been totally underwhelming. 

She’s an established artist now. Not gonna happen anymore. 

How could u said it’s tanking when the pure sales also decreased about 60% just like @Gagacharts’ said. You expect it to be power seller in the streaming era ?? :whatga:  Even 131k number in 2014 is not that high if you consider all the promo and surprise jazz collab :tea:. It was high because it’s jazz album.  Even Ariana debuted with 170k in 2021 with pop album :oops:. Yes it’s underperform but it’s not tanking with only 1/10 promo that cheek to cheek had. :kiss:

Edited by SourCandy

Popster for Sale 41,575
On 10/3/2021 at 8:36 AM, SourCandy said:

How could u said it’s tanking when the pure sales also decreased about 60% just like @Gagacharts’ said. You expect it to be power seller in the streaming era ??

This is a flawed argument. It’s not like people just suddenly stopped consuming jazz music. 60% drop in pure sales over all genres could be 70% drop for all non-jazz music while jazz maintained, for all we know. Streaming replaced pure sales consumption. If no one is supposedly streaming jazz, then the pure sales market has not been diminished by much. 

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 2,845

I just know that with the new Billboard method Taylor Swift debuted with less than 400,000 copies, the biggest pop star on the planet Ariana Grande, with 170,000, Lil Nas X with a huge media hype with 126,000 and Olivia Rodrigo the rising pop star with less than 300,000 copies to see that something is wrong. Even Drake's CLB which was supposed to be the biggest debut of the year got 600,000 copies when it normally would have done 1M + 3/4 years ago, the music industry is sick and OGH can even go f- themselves if a jazz album of a female pop artist and a 95-year-old man is opening with 40,000 copies

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318

Anyway... We will be streaming 

And I am still confident the album can pull solid numbers in the mid-long run with the promo lined up for the following months, thanksgiving, Christmas and the eventual push a grammy nom is gonna give them.

• paws up 1
  • love 2

On 10/3/2021 at 3:42 PM, BenG said:

This is a flawed argument. It’s not like people just suddenly stopped consuming jazz music. 60% drop in pure sales over all genres could be 70% drop for all non-jazz music while jazz maintained, for all we know. Streaming replaced pure sales consumption. If no one is supposedly streaming jazz, then the pure sales market has not been diminished by much. 

It’s not about only jazz music, but overall music consumption. Even that percentage is not including the decreased from post long pandemic :enigma:. For sure most of the C2C buyer are her own fans and maybe only a small percentage is the jazz fans :dean_scream: 

Popster for Sale 41,575
On 10/3/2021 at 8:48 AM, SourCandy said:

For sure most of the C2C buyer are her own fans and maybe only a small percentage is the jazz fans

I wouldn’t be so sure tbh. The GP definitely knew about that album coming out. L4S made 0 noise outside the fanbase this time. :rip: