Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

A Popster Is Born 11,830
On 10/1/2021 at 12:19 AM, emig_09 said:

Her solo songs are :dead:

I f-ing love her :giveup:

She mentions "Argentines" in Lets Do It :bradley: first mention of us since 2012 :dean_scream:

• paws up 2
  • lol 2
  • love 3

The Fame Popster 316
On 9/30/2021 at 9:52 AM, JustJames said:

Do you even realize what you're saying? Even if you follow him closely online and disagree with all of his opinions, you still know nothing about him as a person. Regardless of anyone's passion for a singer or project, pouncing on another human being on social media and insulting them for writing a review of music is horrible.

As @Nemanjasaid, how can you (or anyone going nuts) have even formed a valid/objective stance against critics of L4S since, I don't know, you've yet to hear it in full! HELLO? I guess I'm too old and never realized how far gone stan world is even beyond Twitter.

1. His review was positive; 3/5 is literally above-average (5/2 = 2.5). I don't know why this is difficult to grasp.
  2. 60+ is great for an album of jazz covers; I'd be sad to see critics rate this higher than a more personal and original project like Chromatica (or even her 71s [BTW, TF]).
  3. Yes, it's annoying when someone has a clear agenda and skews an 'official' source of 'acclaim' for a project you're passionate about (i.e., the BTW '0' that still stands); but, this isn't malicious, and harassing someone who published a dissenting opinion will just make reviews, the all-powerful METACRITIC, etc., meaningless in the end, since they'll no longer be objective and turn into stan circle-jerks.
  4. Why would anyone attack someone making a living in the (dying) music industry bringing exposure to your favorite's projects by posting thorough reviews? 

Weren't you the 1 upset about @Delusional being a wet blanket during the ARTPOP renaissance? Who criticizes Vivi when they complain about [insert topic]? Who said fans should be thankful for DoC, even if it would've been MUCH more successful if released within, ya know, 1 year of the original? I mean, DoC isn't an 80+ MC, BB200 #1 (or Top 50), Grammy-contending masterpiece, so where were all of these 'commercial and critical failure' posts then? 

Not trying to come for you (really), but just take your own advice. What, exactly, is going so wrong?

1. THE PROJECT: We all knew L4S was going to be a Jazz collab with the aging Tony Bennett and therefore, would have limitations re: its reach, streaming potential, promo potential (due to his health), etc.
  2. THE CONTENT: We all knew L4S was not going to be an original BOW (with exciting singles to track, etc.).
  3. THE PROMO: Gaga has already matched or exceeded promo of her last Pop album: same # of singles and music videos (2), more social media promo, more performances, more strategy for release week.
  4. THE SALES: We all knew L4S would sell 100-150k its 1st week and, just like CTC, if a big artist decided to release, it wouldn't get a #1. But, we got various editions of the album -- great for those into that kind of thing, and great for those who want to see as big of a debut # as possible.
  5. THE ACCLAIM: This will likely end up in the mid-60s, near or above CTC and several other big Traditional Pop releases of recent times...

...has anyone even read these reviews? They are mostly positive. WHO CARES HOW THAT GETS TRANSLATED ON TO MC? Would fans prefer the slander of the ARTPOP days if a 3/5 review translated into a 70 vs. 60? Sales will be in line with what everyone anticipated all along. Had CTC never hit #1 because Taylor Swift dropped a surprise album, so what?

I am typically a critical and some might say negative person, but while a #1 for L4S would've been fun, the fact Gaga can release an album of Jazz covers and be competitive (which it will be - whether it ends up #1 or #5) is amazing. 

Well, this, if I were capable of not writing novels to state my opinions. 

Lastly, what we didn't know / I didn't expect is L4S being eligible for 2022 Grammys. Everyone talks a big game re: giving Tony respect, etc. (which I disagree with since I don't know the man or owe him anything, but anyway) and had this album had to wait a year, it would've suffered the ASIB fate. Will it be nominated for AOTY? Will it win 2 Pop awards?

I don't know. But, I do know 1) voters give 0 f*cks about BB200, MC, etc., 2) delaying ASIB's submission for a year hurt it, 3) this was a smart move and it'll certainly be close to Top 8 for making AOTY given the 2 names + narrative attached to it, and this gives them the best chances of wins in Traditional Pop Album + Best Pop Duo.

The reason why I said that is because his review was mostly positive, while the score is mixed. A 60 on MC is mixed, not good. We also have a long history of Madoodoo and Brittany SPears stans giving godga bad scores for no apparent reason. 

Kindness Admin 7,530
On 10/1/2021 at 12:58 AM, Artur said:

:dragon:

Cusp of top 5. Buy and steam liddos. 

• paws up 2