Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

On 9/26/2021 at 3:52 PM, gagaxuan said:

After getting a few glimpses of the album songs (plus the first two singles), don't you guys think the overall vocal and direction of LFS is quite bland? 

It's like Gaga felt bored singing the tunes. They just doesn't have the playfulness and cheekiness of C2C. And like some members pointed out earlier - simply not catchy at all.

I can still remember the first time I listened to Anything Goes and C2C, the vocals are so clear and refreshing, and really made me bop to the songs. 

What do you guys think? 

I don't know a sh*t about jazz and I'm not a jazz lover but CTC singles sounded more impactful and catchy at first listen even for people not being into that kind of music. 

On 9/26/2021 at 3:38 PM, monketsharona said:

I don't know a sh*t about jazz and I'm not a jazz lover but CTC singles sounded more impactful and catchy at first listen even for people not being into that kind of music. 

You’re right - I think Anything Goes was a strong lead, and the promotion going into C2C felt very good - I doubt old people know L4S exists yet :katy:

• paws up 1
  • lol 2
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 14,856
On 9/26/2021 at 4:41 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

You’re right - I think Anything Goes was a strong lead, and the promotion going into C2C felt very good - I doubt old people know L4S exists yet :katy:

no buy-1-buy-5-buy-10 woman, no sales wbk :education:

• yaas, gaga 2

Popster This Way 900

I actually think Stupid Love was a great lead single choice with a huge caveat. We saw at the VMAs that Gaga could perform it well live. She was able to dance and her vocals were great. If Stupid Love was released with no Covid and got some proper promo like a few live performances, I could see the GP warming up to it and it having a better trajectory.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,027
x3
On 9/26/2021 at 6:04 PM, Ethel said:

I actually think Stupid Love was a great lead single choice with a huge caveat. We saw at the VMAs that Gaga could perform it well live. She was able to dance and her vocals were great. If Stupid Love was released with no Covid and got some proper promo like a few live performances, I could see the GP warming up to it and it having a better trajectory.

The GP said NO !

Just look the depressing drop it had on streams+ sales on the second day

Stupid Love is an awful song and and absolutely terrible desicion for it being the lead single

charts discussion] HDD Final: Chromatica #2 (=) - Charts - ATRL

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,027
x3

FANg0Y1XsAQWXKa?format=png&name=medium

The Superstars Align for the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures’ Opening Gala

A set by Lady Gaga, toasts by Tom Hanks and Nicole Kidman, and more make for a night to remember in L.A.

Variety

Everywhere you looked on Saturday night, legends and superstars were celebrating. John Waters laughed with Angela Bassett. Warren Beatty greeted well-wishers. Sarandos clinked glasses with Guillermo del Toro. Denis Villeneuve tried to avoid spoilers about his new sci-fi epic, Dune, while chatting with a bartender. Youn Yuh-jung received some belated praise for her Oscar-winning turn in Minari. Maggie Gyllenhaal swept in after promoting her directorial debut, The Lost Daughter, on the festival tour. Halle Berry hugged Nicole Avant. JJ Abrams said something that got a big laugh from Benedict Cumberbatch. Katy Perry gave Olivia Rodrigo some advice and her phone number.

As if all there weren’t a glittering enough of a send-off for the the museum, Lady Gaga closed the night with an hour-long set of big band jazz standards, including classics by Cole Porter and Edith Piaf, and—last but not least—a rendition of “New York, New York” dedicated to Lee, which inspired Cher to stand, Tiffany Haddish to twerk, and Regina King to scream, “We love you, Gaga!”

HOLLYWOOD'S MOST WANTED:giveup:

ezgif-7-abf6655bb1fb.gif

Edited by Established Legend
  • paws up 1

On 9/26/2021 at 5:04 PM, Ethel said:

I think the verse, the freak out part and the all I ever wanted was love part are TOP TIER lead single material

but the woououahah sample, the chorus and the bridge ruined the song

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,958

New Zealand 

Top Albums
07 (+2) Future Nostalgia (78 weeks)

Not still in the top 10 78 weeks after its release I- 

the way she's stomping on every wig possible 

On 9/26/2021 at 3:49 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Ikr… the only promo so far has been on social medias…….

On 9/26/2021 at 3:49 PM, danwasd said:

no buy-1-buy-5-buy-10 woman, no sales wbk :education:

They’re gonna pull an ace from up their sleeve:

Ariana x Gaga x Tony the voice performance w/ L4S deluxe. #1 incoming RED (TV) blockecthank U Ari part deux