Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

The Fame Popster 468

oh my LFS only has 90k views on youtube

People are really disinterested in the jazz era. And some of you here really summed up quite well regarding the sentiment and fan feeling surrounding the era.

Really hope Gaga's team would realize this and will really try to make in a difference in her future projects. 

Literally every artist is doing something exciting even though it's just a side projects. But with Gaga, her team manage to turn everything into a bore and snoozefest. I cant...

Edited by gagaxuan

Popster This Way 900
On 9/18/2021 at 12:01 AM, gagaxuan said:

oh my LFS only has 90k views on youtube

People are really disinterested in the jazz era. And some of you here really summed up quite well regarding the sentiment and fan feeling surrounding the era.

Really hope Gaga's team would realize this and will really try to make in a difference in her future projects. 

Literally every artist is doing something exciting even though it's just a side projects. But with Gaga, her team manage to turn everything into a bore and snoozefest. I cant...

"Literally every artist" isnt realizing a 3 year old Jazz album with a man who has alzhiemers.

Like what, Gaga was supposed to go perform I Get a Kick Out of You at the VMA's?

• thanks 1

Popster This Way 900
On 9/17/2021 at 2:59 PM, Doncho said:

Love For Sale album coming for Top 50 on Billboard yas :creepin:

But seriously, we knew this would happen. Gaga doesnt have the same amount of fans that she used to have in 2014. A lot of monsters left after C2C and Joanne.

I don't think thats true.

I think alot of stans transitioned into casual fans, but that happens with most fanbases.

L4S might not sell as well C2C, but i think that has less to do with fans and more to do with the sheer amount of promo C2C got.

The Fame Popster 468
On 9/18/2021 at 12:25 PM, Ethel said:

"Literally every artist" isnt realizing a 3 year old Jazz album with a man who has alzhiemers.

Like what, Gaga was supposed to go perform I Get a Kick Out of You at the VMA's?

Just imagine if Dua or Taylor's label are handling the release of a jazz album. 

But in such circumstances, we'll need to trade off talent. 

Guess we can't have everything.

Edit: I guess also the way Gaga is not interacting with her fan base. Just look at the engagements on her twitter posts. She only post when she want to sell something to us. Plus, her label is always slow to react to the market or fan response. (just look at Taylor's release of Wildest Dream and compare to DoC // AP Act II // BTW: Reimagined) 

The way the BTW: Reimagined is not released on its real anniversary and subsequently got delayed for another week with no good reasoning. Again, Gaga has a lot of side projects, but they are just not exciting at all. 

Edited by gagaxuan
  • paws up 2

Popster This Way 900
On 9/18/2021 at 12:42 AM, gagaxuan said:

Just imagine if Dua or Taylor's label are handling the release of a jazz album. 

But in such circumstances, we'll need to trade off talent. 

Guess we can't have everything.

If either of them were releasing a solo Jazz album, sure.

But this is Gaga/Interscope and Tony/Columbia. Theres alot of moving parts here that have made releasing and promoting this album difficult.

Not to mention Tony's battle with Alzheimers has only become public recently.

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 900

Like, I get that theres alot to complain about the Chromatica era.

But I truly don't get the complaints about Love for Sale. It's a passion project meant to be a send off for Tony. That's all it is. I honestly consider it lucky we're even getting Love for Sale. There was a point in 2020 where i thought Columbia and Interscope had just shelved the entire project and threw the album in a vault to collect dust.

• paws up 3

The Fame Popster 316
On 9/17/2021 at 4:15 PM, La Chatte said:

The new wildest dreams version :rip: 

And her fans saying she’s the new Whitney  :rip:

can’t wait to see her vocal in a live performance :rip:  The massacre that is coming :rip:

No one called Taylor the new Whitney. Puhleasee gwerl 

Moderator 3,690

Not bad considering it didn't have a full day of tracking. It will be interesting to see if it will have some stability or it will fall quickly like most recent Taylor songs tend to do.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,820
On 9/18/2021 at 9:30 AM, BenG said:

A passion project can also be successful, no? See ARTPOP. 

i don't know if this is shade or not, benjamin :dead:

Popstanne 7,763
On 9/18/2021 at 11:43 AM, joesuda said:

Not bad considering it didn't have a full day of tracking. It will be interesting to see if it will have some stability or it will fall quickly like most recent Taylor songs tend to do.

Didn't have like 4 hours of tracking? Taylor slaying despite self-sabotaging again :bradley:

• yaas, gaga 1