Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

We can’t deny there is a huge disinterest in Love For Sale era compared to Cheek To Cheek. (As we can see with MV views) I wonder if it’s because she abandoned her pop era and gave almost nothing to the fans after the first week.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • lol 2

On 9/17/2021 at 12:59 PM, ViviLittleM said:

We can’t deny there is a huge disinterest in Love For Sale era compared to Cheek To Cheek. (As we can see with MV views) I wonder if it’s because she abandoned her pop era and gave almost nothing to the fans after the first week.

I know we took the established joke and ran with it but in this case (assuming it is horribly underperforming), it does have to do with Gaga's career trajectory.

Then:

Liddos who were fresh off of ARTPOP want to help and support Gaga to prove her career isn't over.

Jazz was still fairly new territory for her, and critics were optimistic based on what she did with Lady is a Tramp with Tony.

Gaga herself wanted to prove she isn't just a pop star and really had to fight for acclaim and the GP.

Now:

Gaga's dedicated base has dwindled but she gained GP acclaim and support to compensate. Some like Vivi are burnt out supporting her but not getting enough satisfaction in return (esp after Chromatica), while some have left completely to other artists.

Critics already know Gaga can do Jazz well and probably already have cookie cutter statements about her versatility and talent etc.

:enigma:

• paws up 1

Yeah i never saw the point in a 2nd jazz album with tony ever since the rumors for it started. There is nothing new and exciting about it because they have already done it and this time Tonys health won't allow them to do much for it. Everyone also already knows gaga is extremely talented so there is no surprise for the gp that she can sing/do jazz like in 2014.

Almost all of her fans were never really supportive of 2c2 even but there is even less reason to support it now when she doesn't even talk to us unless there is something to sale and she has been serving disappointments and canceled events ever since the superbowl at this point. Also the songs so far kinda suck :snake:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 5

Popster for Sale 41,987
On 9/17/2021 at 6:30 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

Frankly I thought the next logical step for her and Tony were original jazz songs

This Christmas could have been Paradise :darkmode:

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,419

I wanted to be positive but honestly I can't not see L4S tanking, even though many gaga albums loooked like they would tank but surprised us on their first week sales. The only thing that's gonna push it is going to be collector/super fans buying 5 copies of the album each tbh and we're not the kind of fanbase who does that, specially after Chroma left many LMs unsatisfied and therefore not willing to spend a big ammount of money to support gaga.

But on the other hand, they have kept the album for years, we've seen many many weaker moments on the charts so it's kinda their fault too 

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 39,559
On 9/17/2021 at 1:30 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

Frankly I thought the next logical step for her and Tony were original jazz songs

Do you realistically think Tony could learn the lyrics to all new jazz standards at his age and in his mental condition? :katy:

Gaga could but there was no way in hell Tony was singing new music, he already can’t take his eyes off the lyric sheet for songs he’s sang for decades. 

I will add…People need to stop having any sort of commercial expectations for this album, it’s a jazz album in 2021, yall really think people in Estonia are checking out the new jazz album? The music scene has drastically changed and expectations should be very low.

This has always been a passion project between her and Tony.

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,559

This single has averaged 1M Views/year since it came out…..:katy: y’all can’t tell me you were SERIOUSLY expecting better for YT in 2021?

:katy: I’m all for being unhappy with the hype and whatnot  but can we all admit the views were terrible back then too, let’s not act like C2C was some hype monster and raking in the views. 

Just like C2C, LFS will rely on physical sales, which won’t cut it in 2021. Lets be reasonable with the expectations.. 

• paws up 2