Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 9/16/2021 at 1:28 PM, Delusional said:

His last album was carried by “fresh out of prison” hype and also - as stated by @Andreu - the drake feature

Excuse me, I was here during the discussion and I responded to Andreu and it was a valid and rational response, delulu. 
:excited:

on a positive note, if we were to compare CD sales compared to his last studio album (no vinyl being pressed same week), Scorpion, Drake only sold 13k first week and that was an bigger album carried by three of the biggest hits of 2018 (GP, NFW, & IMF) -our biggest concern with him will be how his streaming numbers will fare that week

and with Taylor theres only 2 versions of Fearless vinyl from her store so far compared to Evermore where she was selling signed CD's alongside three different versions, heavily discounted as well :billie:

Our newest competition Meek Mill, his last album, as someone b4 here said, sold 230K because it was primarily carried by a Drake feature to the point the song has over 800M out of the 1400M streams the album has :rip:

so if Interscope/Columbia are firm set on the date, ms man will have to get out of Michael's bedroom the house im afraid if they want the #1 because nothings set in stone yet tho this competition is looking tougher than C2C's first week

• paws up 6

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 9/16/2021 at 3:13 PM, BenG said:

lol at the lol reacts coming from only users with names starting with "d"

all in desperate need of d, wbk

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 9/16/2021 at 3:18 PM, danwasd said:

all in desperate need of d, wbk

Excuse me, I’m a happily married man. If anything, it’s members with names starting on b are being in need. You’re giving me a vibe of a young and completely satisfied person.

Spoiler

Don’t you dare saying otherwise, it’s fun this way lmao

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • lol 1

Moderator 17,110
On 9/16/2021 at 8:53 AM, DonnieDarko said:

If he did 230k with his last release, why wouldn’t he do at least 100k this time around? He is a threat as well as Drake and Taylor. Either one of them is a threat. 

His last album was only big because he ended a several years long feud with Drake who guested on the only hit from the album.

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 9/16/2021 at 3:28 PM, corvus albus said:

His last album was only big because he ended a several years long feud with Drake who guested on the only hit from the album.

Not another one, lmao. I don’t need an explanation, you must have me confused with soemeone else. 
:katy:

• lol 2

The Fame Popster 466

The release week for LFS is gonna very interesting to see the numbers and competition.

It reminds me of how ASIB was competing with some group from the UK.

And Gaga was kind enough to send them flower after she took the no.1 spot lol

Edited by gagaxuan

A Popster Is Born 14,779

Not my boyfriend talking about "Taylor Swift's last album" just for him to show me Billie's HTE :dead:

I hate him :dead:

Edited by danwasd