Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 39,557
On 9/13/2021 at 5:21 PM, danwasd said:

Y'all know that there's a huge a** grey area between saying that Gaga doesn't promote her projects and pretending we're asking for a TFM-sized rollout, don't you? :katy:

I wasn’t saying that’s what anyone was asking for, I was reminding people of how promo was so different back then as an upcoming pop star vs now, and how I think we need to remember that as a pop star going into her late 30s she isn’t going to promote herself the way as she did as an upcoming star, mainly because she doesn’t have to.

I mean, now you just release your album, get great Spotify placement and perform at big award shows if that, maybe release your album with deluxe tracks & rerelease a single with a big feature and call it good.

the promo is so different nowadays and I think Gaga is just used to physically being able to interact with people while promoting her music. I think being able to promote her music live is so important to her and unfortunately during the pandemic I just don’t think we are ever going to get the type of promo/attention she wants to put into her work. Obviously I agree that we should have gotten more but I also don’t see the point of harping on the same old tired complaints when it’s more than a year later following the release of the album  :icant:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 14,856
On 9/13/2021 at 11:28 PM, Adarsh said:

Then just don’t compare her to up and coming artists :katy: Almost none of Gaga’s peers are doing hardcore promo these days, and there’s a simple reason behind it: They don’t need to. 

Asking for an online performance and/or complaining about her not caring about her latest release apart from week 1 is now asking for hardcore promo:dead:

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 14,856
On 9/13/2021 at 11:34 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

the promo is so different nowadays and I think Gaga is just used to physically being able to interact with people while promoting her music. I think being able to promote her music live is so important to her and unfortunately during the pandemic I just don’t think we are ever going to get the type of promo/attention she wants to put into her work. Obviously I agree that we should have gotten more but I also don’t see the point of harping in it when it’s more than a year later :icant:

in business it's always to grow or die, even Gags should know that :arguega:

A Popster Is Born 13,485
On 9/14/2021 at 3:06 AM, danwasd said:

Asking for an online performance and/or complaining about her not caring about her latest release apart from week 1 is now asking for hardcore promo:dead:

There’s gonna be an online performance in exactly 16 days, I hope you’re excited about that :prideheart:

• lol 2

On 9/13/2021 at 11:36 PM, danwasd said:

This, they acting like she would break her hip again from performing more then 1 time per era :mess: 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 14,856
On 9/13/2021 at 11:39 PM, Adarsh said:

There’s gonna be an online performance in exactly 16 days, I hope you’re excited about that :prideheart:

is she performing swine?

A Popster Is Born 14,856
On 9/13/2021 at 11:41 PM, La Chatte said:

Not even in your best dreams 

Swine has more live performances than ARUTW and INLA combined, so stay pressed :laughga:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,557
On 9/13/2021 at 5:38 PM, danwasd said:

in business it's always to grow or die, even Gags should know that :arguega:

In the past 3 years Gaga has won an Oscar, multiple GRAMMYs, VMAs, a Golden globe., a BAFTA, got multiple #1 albums, got multiple #1 singles and multiple platinum and or multi platinum songs and just recently had the most successful remix album debut in Spotify history 

Please do not act Gaga isn’t growing that is laughable :katy:

also I never said she would break her hip again so y’all arguments don’t even make sense, please at least respond with logical points

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 14,856
On 9/13/2021 at 11:45 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Please do not act Gaga isn’t growing that is laughable :katy:

She literally refused to perform online/without a crowd, so there's still a way to go

Pop-a-911-ster 31,956
On 9/13/2021 at 11:43 PM, danwasd said:

Swine has more live performances than ARUTW and INLA combined, so stay pressed :laughga:

ARUTW and INLA will forever be scenes from one of the best movies of all time while Swine... will be Swine so be quiet :creepin:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 14,856
On 9/13/2021 at 11:49 PM, La Chatte said:

ARUTW and INLA will forever be scenes from one of the best movies of all time while Swine... will be Swine so be quiet :creepin:

but still Swine has more live performances than ARUTW and INLA combined :creepin:

On 9/13/2021 at 11:49 PM, La Chatte said:

Imagine when she performs INLA and ARUTW for the 10 year anniversary of ASIB at the Oscars and they go #1 and #2 on the hot 100 :darkmode: