Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 9/13/2021 at 5:10 AM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

Which brings me back to my point that if it weren't to a live crowd, she'd rather not do it. What opportunities? A listening party for one. The one she had to cancel for completely understandable reasons. Not even a recorded message for winning the Grammy? She literally ignored Ariana's celebration online and didn't even mention it. Yes, there was a pandemic, but by early 2021, artists were already setting up YouTube performances, finding innovative ways to continue their eras and promote their songs. Granted, Gaga is a busy woman because of film and her other projects, but there's just no way she couldn't have done anything else. She just didn't want to, and I'm not even judging her for that with my posts.

Like I said, she moved on most likely because she had to duo to her schedule, her moral towards the rollout of the era was most likely not at it aswell. Her not responding to Ariana or for the Grammys, she probably didn't had the time for it, like there are times when she does video messages for winning MTV Miaw awards but not for the Grammys? Yeah her mind and focus most have been mostly on the movie

• paws up 1

On 9/13/2021 at 3:10 AM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

Which brings me back to my point that if it weren't to a live crowd, she'd rather not do it. What opportunities? A listening party for one. The one she had to cancel for completely understandable reasons. Not even a recorded message for winning the Grammy? She literally ignored Ariana's celebration online and didn't even mention it. Yes, there was a pandemic, but by early 2021, artists were already setting up YouTube performances, finding innovative ways to continue their eras and promote their songs. Granted, Gaga is a busy woman because of film and her other projects, but there's just no way she couldn't have done anything else. She just didn't want to, and I'm not even judging her for that with my posts.

I do agree with your points, it come across like  there was no passion for chromatica and a lack of communication at times which felt so odd, there was a lot of examples of this. i think at one point monsters even trended we love you gaga to get her to talk. But i'd like to also point out that i remember ariana and taylor fans also were mad at a lack of promo from their fave. Being a big name in the streaming era, you can have a successful era really without lifting a finger - radio, MVs, and TTH do the job for you and literally their presence on the platforms is what makes the project feel like it's there.

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

On 9/13/2021 at 11:05 AM, Andreu said:

My thoughts on the performances that no one asked for but since there's not a thread for that:

• Olivia was great, she did what she had to do :darkmode:
  • Camila was good, but it didn't feel like anything we haven't seen her do already.
  • Normani 's looked good but I have to agree with@Delusional: what's the point of a singer performing if it's not going to sing? It looked cool but it seemed like it was one of those fanmade dance videos made by anonymous dance studios.
  • Anitta's performance looked great but once again it was hardly a performance. But at least she had the excuse of not being able to go to the US for the event i guess.
  • Ozuna's new song is a bop and I looooove the teddy bears from both the performance or the video, but that was the best of the performance for me. I don't think anyone was expecting Ozuna to serve impressive live vocals, so I have to say it exceeded my expectations.
  • Ed Sheeran's performance was exactly what I expected, and i think his vocals sounded way better during BH than in other performances.
  • Doja's probably was the best of the night, great visually. But the song selection was not exactly the most exciting songs on PH (for me, at least) and it looks like she sang like half of the time which ofc is not that great.

are you sure about Olivia?

Pop-a-911-ster 31,664
On 9/13/2021 at 1:35 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Tomorrow, 'Just Dance' should out-stream 'Don't Stop The Music' by Rihanna:

11/09
Just Dance = 428,135
DSTM = 381,130

both have around 446m streams. Gaga's collection of hits from TFM and ASIB have such strong streams:whatga:

TFM and ASIB are her best works for me so not surprised :whatga: Talent is winning :whatga:

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,914
x3
On 9/13/2021 at 4:02 PM, little legend said:

US iTunes: 

#19(+2) Shallow :horse_race:

And to celebrate Shallow reaching top 20 again , i made a thread on ATRL ,in order to make OGHs pressed. 

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/370875-shallow-still-top-20-on-itunes-us-surprised/

• lol 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,748
On 9/12/2021 at 4:16 PM, little legend said:

It will easily reach #21 

After that, the gap between #20 and #21 is big

On 9/13/2021 at 2:02 PM, little legend said:

US iTunes: 

#19(+2) Shallow :horse_race:

well well well :rat:

• lol 3