Charts Discussion Thread, Gaga received 10 nominations for the 2nd annual Gold Derby Music Awards

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 39,228
On 9/12/2021 at 11:16 PM, Doncho said:

2020 had a lower rating than 2019 though. NoGagaNoRatings is a thing of the past Im afraid

200.gif

What’s this then? are these not accurate?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pitchfork.com/news/mtv-vmas-2019-ratings-hit-all-time-low/amp/

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OreoÀDeux

• ViviLittleM

• BenG

• Andreu

A Popster Is Born 11,819
On 9/13/2021 at 12:24 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

They are comparing it wrong. Here are the real ratings: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV_Video_Music_Awards#Ratings

2019 - 2020:

1.93M vs 1.32M (MTV viewers)

6.8M vs 6.4M (Cumulative TV viewers)

We really lost :katy:

• thanks 1

MTV’s research and PR teams combined Nielsen’s linear numbers for the 2020 VMAs with their own internal digital data into a new measurement called “Total Minutes Consumed” (TMC), which they say came to 1.330 billion versus the 1.229 billion the awards show put up in 2019.

idc idc

200.gif

Pop-a-911-ster 30,347

I havent watched anything about the vmas and I refuse to watch it now :dean_scream:

Except the latin category I gues and BRRRUHHHH how are they giving it to billie and rosalia??? Like you had bad bunny and jhay cortez having the biggest spanish language song of the streaming era, Karol G getting the biggest urban hit for a solo female pretty much ever but of course they had to give the award to the US american nominee. Cute that Rosalia got another award I guess but thats not it.

Edited by Andreu
  • thanks 1

The Fame Popster 316
On 9/12/2021 at 8:57 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Omg that Lil Nas VMA performance was so hot, I got…stiff:icant:

Industry Baby GIF by Lil Nas X

This is why no one likes us gays.... :tea:

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 9/13/2021 at 11:29 AM, Doncho said:

They are comparing it wrong. Here are the real ratings: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV_Video_Music_Awards#Ratings

2019 - 2020:

1.93M vs 1.32M (MTV viewers)

6.8M vs 6.4M (Cumulative TV viewers)

We really lost :katy:

All award shows declined last 2020 tho.. and VMAs declined the least so :whatga:

We gotta spin it you know :whatga:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279
On 9/12/2021 at 11:18 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

What did I miss? Did Drake announce something? Or are we just worried about his sales lasting awhile 

He's dropping physicals on October 1st

Pop-a-911-ster 30,347
On 9/13/2021 at 8:57 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

today feels different... Almost like things have been reset... What could it be?

I came here  to ask if WS was smashing already and if the culture was resetted  :darkmode:

On 9/13/2021 at 9:34 AM, Andreu said:

I came here  to ask if WS was smashing already and if the culture was resetted  :darkmode:

It's smashing. We're gonna see Wild Side over-come the 'promo is only playlisting and tiktok in the streaming era!111' arguments and serve 2013 -  it'll repeak in the top 10 following this.

Culture? completed it mate.

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Pop-a-911-ster 30,347

My thoughts on the performances that no one asked for but since there's not a thread for that:

• Olivia was great, she did what she had to do :darkmode:
  • Camila was good, but it didn't feel like anything we haven't seen her do already.
  • Normani 's looked good but I have to agree with@Delusional: what's the point of a singer performing if it's not going to sing? It looked cool but it seemed like it was one of those fanmade dance videos made by anonymous dance studios.
  • Anitta's performance looked great but once again it was hardly a performance. But at least she had the excuse of not being able to go to the US for the event i guess.
  • Ozuna's new song is a bop and I looooove the teddy bears from both the performance or the video, but that was the best of the performance for me. I don't think anyone was expecting Ozuna to serve impressive live vocals, so I have to say it exceeded my expectations.
  • Ed Sheeran's performance was exactly what I expected, and i think his vocals sounded way better during BH than in other performances.
  • Doja's probably was the best of the night, great visually. But the song selection was not exactly the most exciting songs on PH (for me, at least) and it looks like she sang like half of the time which ofc is not that great.
  • paws up 1